Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by elelbean
I hate going to a remote area of wilderness and finding $hit left behind by lazy people. Usually it's beer cans thrown alongside the road by people drinking and driving which I always pickup when I can. The worst is when they use it as a dump site and throw old TVs, mattresses, old lumber, etc.

See much of this where you're at?

Really pizzes me off when I see this. Just a rant.........

There's a lot of this type of behavior out by Kalispell.

But that's where all the ni--ers live. And by ni--ers, I mean lazy white people.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate going to a remote area of wilderness and finding $hit left behind by lazy people. Usually it's beer cans thrown alongside the road by people drinking and driving which I always pickup when I can. The worst is when they use it as a dump site and throw old TVs, mattresses, old lumber, etc.

But that's where all the ni--ers live. And by ni--ers, I mean lazy white people.

Clark

Tell me about it! The Flathead has changed quite a bit since I moved here 26 years ago. Thing is, the trash is the least of it. More and more I'm finding human fecal matter, piled up with the wads of TP, meeting us at many of the trailheads we hike. Even had one of our dogs roll in the $h! t of some a-hole(twice on two separate trips) who just couldn't come to grips with the concept of burying their waste. Been seeing this "crap" from hunters too. Everyone seems to have lost their field manual "How to $h ! T in the Woods". Guess they're too busy trying to find an app on their iphone on how to use a$$ wipes to finish the job. ...And considering the epidemic of meth heads running rampant in certain circles here, the possibility of spreading hepatitis from the piles of turds is a real possibility.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sometimes saw a little discarded trash usually wasn't too bad.

Once in a while I'll come across a real old trash dump with stuff like old rusted license plates, glass jars, scrap wood/metal, assorted broken household and farm odds and ends that obviously had been there for decades.

About the worst I recall was right after a logging operation had finished cutting in a woods where I used to hunt deer. They left some empty 2 cycle and bar oil cans laying around, empty cigarette packages, snack wrappers, disposable convenience store coffee cups, soda pop cans and plastic bottles, etc. Looked like too they might've either changed oil and just let the old oil run out on the ground or else some of their logging equipment sprung a leak as there was a noticeable fair size oil stain on the ground.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pahick
Not much in the way of regular trash, but "cat eyes" and red tape all over the place. 9 times out of ten, the "trails" lead 100 yds off the loggin rd to a tree. If you ahve trouble finding your stand 100 yds off the road you shouldnt be huntin.
Whenever I find old tape from previous season's I pull it down and haul it out.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To get to some of the private land I hunt, you have to drive about 100 yds on land leased by someone else, on just a woods road to a gate. Someone for the past 3 years has been using this 100 yds as a place to eat, drink beer, and dump the trash. I've cleaned it up several times and one time found $7 (must have been drunk when they threw out the trash). Anyway, the fellows that lease the land have also picked up trash and finally put up posted signs. So far, no more trash, but it's too early to really tell.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have picked up a lot of trash

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we have people who dump bags of trash on the road where i live. i take the bags home open them up and look for mail with there address on it. i have done 5-6 times. i will go to that address and ask why are you dumping your trash along my road. most of the time its kids that were supposed to take the trash to the dumster sight which is only 3 miles away. parents will make them come and clean up the road in most cases.i've called the sheriff on a few but they don't really do anything but give them a warning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looked like too they might've either changed oil and just let the old oil run out on the ground or else some of their logging equipment sprung a leak as there was a noticeable fair size oil stain on the ground.

Around here loggers never fix a leaking hydraulic hose, just add oil. When they move on, there is oil and empty 5 gallon buckets around every load out site. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No, not here in WV, we would NEVER do that.... eyeroll. Enough to make a preacher cuss.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Clark

Tell me about it! The Flathead has changed quite a bit since I moved here 26 years ago. Thing is, the trash is the least of it. More and more I'm finding human fecal matter, piled up with the wads of TP, meeting us at many of the trailheads we hike. Even had one of our dogs roll in the $h! t of some a-hole(twice on two separate trips) who just couldn't come to grips with the concept of burying their waste. Been seeing this "crap" from hunters too. Everyone seems to have lost their field manual "How to $h ! T in the Woods". Guess they're too busy trying to find an app on their iphone on how to use a$$ wipes to finish the job. ...And considering the epidemic of meth heads running rampant in certain circles here, the possibility of spreading hepatitis from the piles of turds is a real possibility.

One of the oddest things about this state is people's inclination to schit in the middle of a road. It's sorta bizarre.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The owner of the camp that we hunt out of has one standing rule - if you see cans in the road to please pick them up and bring them back to camp. He's worried that the woods owners will get pissed off and gate the main road just past our camp.

Ten years ago another of the woods owners got pissed at the locals for tearing up a new logging road and pulled out the bridge across the river to the new road.. It was some of the best hunting areas we had - gone in one day..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We have a new brand of hunter. The Duck Dynasty craze and all that goes with it has trashed our delta. Historically our state issued around 5000 duck stamps a year. The year after the debut of Duck Dynasty the number soared to 31000 and has remained near there.

There always seems to be unintended consequences. I'm not a waterfowler but am friends with families that have duck hunted the delta for generations. One friend described the scene at a popular launch in the early morning hours. No offense to the OP, but he said it was like a bunch of kids stepping out of an LL Bean catalog, or something similar. They have new fancy rigs and gear, but the only knowledge on how to use all this stuff they gleamed from a couple of guys selling duck calls on tv. No one has actually taught them how to duck hunt, let alone conservation, etc. They don't motor to a blind, set out a few decoys and practice their calls. They view the delta as a big playground, motoring around all day, shooting anything with wings, trashing blinds, etc.

Now we have drastically reduced limits, shooting hours and days, new zones and no motor zones to go along with all the litter. The saddest part is it is really discouraging our traditional hunters from even going anymore. I consider these guys the "keepers" of the delta. They are the ones who truly enjoy and respect the delta for what it is.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Any place that has any sort of road or ATV track usually has lots of garbage and shot up crap. Hiking trails not so much. Funny how they can drive it in but not out. Loggers do trash every site they use.

Our local 3rd world workforce has adopted the shiddy diaper as their pride flag. I would just as soon shoot a litterbug as a poacher.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Its just a sign of the times. fifty years ago when I was grounds Superintendent for a University we kept track of the hours spent picking up trash. at first my Grounds Keepers only spent 8% of their time. Thirty years later it was 31% of their time. They can't even pick up their toys at home so I guess it just carries over to the out doors.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Typical for that Eastside Havre trash to criticize the fine people of the Flathead.

With the smelly exception of human waste, especially on hiking trails near the trail-heads, I've not seen any routine "ruin" locally. Human sign, yes, but only in rare cases Trash with a capital T.

But yeah, I really get tired of the dumpers. Whether it's the roadside ditches or trailheads, I'm amazed sometimes at the amount of trash....it can't be just carelessness, but bad manners, another sign of decline.

Of course, the trash ethic wasn't always with us, litter was a big problem in the 1950s, in fact it was common for people to just chuck whatever out the window, or put it in the camp dump, or just toss it trailside. But then came "environmental awareness" and that did help.

One other factor, now it's fast-food galore, all overpackaged. And in most parts of America, people see trash everywhere, so even in the boonies, I don't think it registers on them.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

One of the oddest things about this state is people's inclination to schit in the middle of a road. It's sorta bizarre.

Dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Dave

[Linked Image]

You beat me to it.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by srwshooter
we have people who dump bags of trash on the road where i live. i take the bags home open them up and look for mail with there address on it. i have done 5-6 times. i will go to that address and ask why are you dumping your trash along my road. most of the time its kids that were supposed to take the trash to the dumster sight which is only 3 miles away. parents will make them come and clean up the road in most cases.i've called the sheriff on a few but they don't really do anything but give them a warning.

Hilarious!!!! And so good of you to do this. Some people are so stupid and don't even think that their name, mail or address would probably be in there. The worst would be the people who know but don't care.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
But that's where all the ni--ers live.

About the only word strong enough to describe those who trash places and then just drive away and leave it mad

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Even had one of our dogs roll in the $h! t of some a-hole(twice on two separate trips) who just couldn't come to grips with the concept of burying their waste. Been seeing this "crap" from hunters too. Everyone seems to have lost their field manual "How to $h ! T in the Woods". Guess they're too busy trying to find an app on their iphone on how to use a$$ wipes to finish the job. ...And considering the epidemic of meth heads running rampant in certain circles here, the possibility of spreading hepatitis from the piles of turds is a real possibility.

Roll in it or eat it, rolling in its worse.

A problem getting a dog homethat you brung in the car after its been rolling in sh&t. Don't happen very often but once is enough. What rides in the trunk now besides tomato juice (skunks) is latex gloves and clorox wet wipes.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (257 roberts, 160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,092
Posts18,482,970
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.