Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Lifting vs sports. Sports are great, but if the kid is a computer nerd and has no desire to compete, maybe even doesn't want to be around other kids because he will be embarrassed, lifting is the perfect activity. He can do it with Bw, and see results. It doesn't matter if he's a great athlete or is so uncoordinated he has trouble walking...he can still lift. Lot's of great benefits from lifting that not many other forms of exercise provide.

My thinking exactly.

The thing is, the kid is a prodigy in other ways.

Fer example, nor long ago at his school he got kicked out of class when they were talking about Islam among World Religions. He laid out explicitly about jihad, and fatwas and referenced verses in the Koran. When she couldn't shut him up or counter with facts the teacher got flustered.

Politically correct he ain't grin

....and I didn't tell him about any of that stuff, he found that all on his own. FWIW, this kid is Hispanic as all get out.

These past few months I have been lifting regularly again after about forty years. I discovered that I still have the frame and joints for it, and I made surprisingly rapid gains.

Someone told me that when you do work out in youth, you actually lay in a higher density of muscle cells in those muscles affected for life, so that they respond correspondingly faster even after decades of not lifting.

Another thing is, I learned on these boards that lifting enhances testosterone production. I was already doing 50-100 miles/week on a bicycle but I'm pretty sure higher T has kicked in too, based on the way I've felt since.

And even for a guy pushing sixty like me, feeling muscle replace flab, even if other folk's can't yet see it, feels pretty good.

Birdwatcher

And precisely what the phugk does the highlighted portion have to do with anything? I wondered when you'd trot it out BTW. Took longer than I thought actually.

Plays against political and generational stereotype, of course.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
He's gonna need to be built when he runs fer President.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
A young man should start lifting weights around the same time he starts masturbating......

Not sure how I'd go about asking.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A young man should start lifting weights around the same time he starts masturbating......

Tell him if when ya got morning wood, you can lift. He'll figure it out.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Plays against political and generational stereotype, of course.

What political and generational stereotype says hispanics don't work out? Prison yards are full of em.

grin

MAGA
IC B2

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Of course you are well versed as you have posted accordingly, but the real difference is someone trained in that discipline vs someone who has lifted weights. If you can't see the difference it is only because you don't want to.

By "...is someone trained in that discipline..." do you mean one who has lifted with purpose (training) and achieved positive results, or one who has received training and instruction to the extent you deem necessary to train others at lifting?

Last edited by Vek; 12/20/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I started lifting weights at thirteen.

But I was pulling slips on a drilling rig.

If you see me running, somebody is chasing me. If you see me lifting something, it needed to be moved.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570

If you see me running, somebody is chasing me. If you see me lifting something, it needed to be moved.
I don't think my folks ever asked when can you lift, it was when you could. Bales of hay, firewood, feed sacks, wagon tongues, tractor chains, shovels, axes, equipment parts, and muck buckets were just part of every day. Of course that was the reason for large families, cheap labor

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD

Tell him if when ya got morning wood, you can lift. He'll figure it out.

Including both sides of the family, this is like nephew number eleven, the last of the lot, plus my son makes twelve.

Somehow, with all of them kids, I never asked a one of 'em about erections or masturbation.

Tell ya what, when this last one starts staying in his room for long periods on his computer, and nobody hears video games going on. Then he's ready to start working out.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I started lifting weights at thirteen.

But I was pulling slips on a drilling rig.

Ya, but were you jerking off yet?

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
14 is not too early. Start slow, light weight, with lots reps

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 3,071 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,420
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.