Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
grin

But if he would have discovered what was going on, I would have given him a choice. I ether help him move his stand or I would have buried it. Nasty thing to do to a man on opening morning.

Thing was a big lightning storm came on shortly after. No rain, but the wind was howling, lightening crashing, Turkeys sounding off all over the hills. I finally snuck back to see what he was doing and he was gone. That ladder stand was being pushed all over the place and I think he thought it wise to get on the ground. Hope he didn't step in it....

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by battue
grin

But if he would have discovered what was going on, I would have given him a choice. I ether help him move his stand or I would have buried it. Nasty thing to do to a man on opening morning.

Thing was a big lightning storm came on shortly after. No rain, but the wind was howling, lightening crashing, Turkeys sounding off all over the hills. I finally snuck back to see what he was doing and he was gone. That ladder stand was being pushed all over the place and I think he thought it wise to get on the ground. Hope he didn't step in it....

He must have been deaf.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Either that or he was in the zone.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by moosemike
Make sure your relatives let me know when you pass. I'd like to pay my respects.

Laffin....Battue looks like he is chiseled out of stone. I'd stay in Catawba County if I were you. My guess is, the vast majority of the folks on the Fire couldn't keep up with him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Old stone, though. Just sayin'.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Glad you caught those people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by srwshooter
best thing about the deer population falling off in the mountains of is we don't get many pa guys anymore down to hunt.30yrs ago there were hundreds of those idiots hunting in highland and bath counties in va. most seasons one managed to shoot one of his buddies to.i watched one die,shot in the back with a rifle 2 miles off the main road. wasn't much we could do for him.

I've seen PA "hunters" marched out of the woods at gun point and gave the Hell beaten out of them because they were "sound shooting"; and have known of more than a few occasions where game wardens have stated openly that a truck with PA plates is going to get stopped and searched because "PA plates are reasonable suspicion of a game violation in progress" (and they were rarely, if ever, wrong). The number of PA idiots busted for hunting and shooting off the National Park properties of the BRPW and SNP are truly staggering, and more get added to that tally every year.

I can think of several thousands of acres of land that used to not be posted that are now, but open to hunters if you ask, because of PA "hunters", and the property owner will ask you to make sure that no PA trucks show up. If they do, call the landowner and then the cops.
An interesting thread here for sure. I can't tell how many times I saw pickup trucks cruising the logging roads with a gunner in the back, one time even an archer. The paint on the trees is something I've never heard of though. Sounds like a very good idea. It's got to be incredibly frustrating to someone who takes the time to purchase land, and manage it for himself and his friends, just to have some lazy sob come in and trespass on it. I haven't experienced this mostly because I hunt all state forest land, both in Pa. and in Mn. If I encounter no trespassing signs I respect them, no questions asked.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Old stone, though. Just sayin'.

And these days, mostly shale.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Make sure your relatives let me know when you pass. I'd like to pay my respects.

Laffin....Battue looks like he is chiseled out of stone. I'd stay in Catawba County if I were you. My guess is, the vast majority of the folks on the Fire couldn't keep up with him.

Despite the fact that battue posts everyday on the fitness/workout thread that I started. His trying to paint me as a stranger to the gym is hilarious and shows his dishonesty. The gym is my life. Yeah the heart attack has been a setback but once a blockage is cleared you're fixed. Once my recovery time is passed I'll quickly be back to benching 3 plates a side. So no, I don't need to stay in NC to hide from battue nor do I need to run from him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I encounter no trespassing signs I respect them, no questions asked.

As do I, but I remember when posted land was a rarity in Arkansas. I recall one time that I was quail hunting NW of Beebe, Arkansas, which is about 20 miles from where I live. I got back to the truck and there was a man waiting by my truck, mad as hell. He started in on me as soon as I got close enough, about us Stuttgart hunters coming up to hunt quail, when we would not let them come down there and hunt ducks without charging. I finally got him calmed down, explaining that I was not from Stuttgart, I just had a truck than had been purchased from Stuttgart. He was going by the dealer emblem on the truck. Everything was fine, as long as I was not from Stuttgart. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I haven't posted there for months. I can't keep up with those boys.

Anyway, you really need to up the cardio, loose same weight and not worry so much about the plates. Working out in the heat is good for burning Kcal. The South is a good place for you.

Last edited by battue; 12/26/16.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Except I don't live in the south anymore. Moot point. Out of 42 years of life I lived in PA for 41 of those years and you're going to tell me I "belong in the south"? you must think it's easy to become a southerner. I could live the next 40 years of my life in the south and I still wouldn't be a southerner.

Last edited by moosemike; 12/27/16.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
May good health be your companion no matter where you live.

I see your addition so I'll add mine:

It's not that hard, I could do it and be welcomed fairly soon. They don't hate Northeners, they do hate how some of them act. Act right, which really should have no boundaries and one will be fine. North Appachian coal country are my roots. Little difference from below the MD line. Act right and a good Southern person will stand up for you. You may take some ribbing along the way, but they will be your friend.

Last edited by battue; 12/27/16.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no problem with the southern people.I found them to be good, upstanding folks. I just know that you can move anywhere but that doesn't make you one of them. You are what you are and I'm a Pennsylvanian. Even if I don't take up for every PA hunter. All I said was we have a contingent of bad apples. Most PA hunters are the salt of the earth. And I wish you good health as well. I never wished you ill before and I don't quite know what happened yesterday.

Last edited by moosemike; 12/27/16.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I do, I pushed your buttons. Only because you pizzed me off.

It's over.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's over.

Thumbs up on that!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Alright, y'all hug it out already.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Like normal, I have nothing of significance, but do have a picture of some folks in Idaho dove hunting, the Idaho way...
[Linked Image]

Public land of course, but lots of private fields close by, which I doubt they bypassed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It's over.

Thumbs up on that!

I'm afraid to say that I like BOTH of ya. wink

So, I won't. grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thing about getting old is you acquire some perspective. At least in Pa this behavior has decreased significantly. I was raised in it and could tell some crazy stories. Talked with a GW about same just recently after a Pheasant hunt. He said it's not all that much of a problem these days, but they often arrest following generations of the same family. However, in his opinion poaching in Pa is nothing like it used to be.

One funny story from years ago, was a friend of a Cousins joined into a Doe hunt. His rifle looked like someone beat on it. I asked what do you do with that rifle. His reply; "If you had been thrown out of a car as many times as that rifle, you wouldn't look all that good either."

Uncles, Cousins, their friends, a couple State Troopers, it was a game of hide and seek, sometimes a ritual of passage and we had the Deer to support it and little went to waste. Some of those boys practiced QDM before the GC made it a science. They didn't come close to the war on Does the GC started years later. Something that i occasionally think about when those old boys come to mind.

Wrong, but the way it was and not necessarily the way it now is.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1936M71, 12savage, 1lessdog, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,980
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.