Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gophergunner
If I encounter no trespassing signs I respect them, no questions asked.

Unless it's bear season...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And then the farmers have no season. Kill them, call the GW to come and get them. Do it again tomorrow and on and on.

Again years ago one farmer was shooting them in the guts with a .22lr. Those old boys let him know enough was enough, but he kept on bragging about it. One day he went to town and when he went back to his truck it looked different.

Yes, times have changed.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It certainly has changed. When I was a kid rural Lebanon county PA waslike the wild west in regards to deer. The stories I could tell! But now it's gotten downright tame there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Ok, I chit under another's treestand. Didn't mean to, but it was about 30 minutes before daylight-that gray time-and the urge came on strong. Found a tree and did the deed. Pulling up I looked up, and there he was facing away. As far as I know, he didn't and I backed out, waiting for his wrath to come raining down. He never moved. Snuck off and tried not to laugh, but it was hard.

I grew up in a renegade clan, so it isn't all BS. However, being unsafe wasn't taken lightly. It was a different time, with more Deer than Pa could support. Posted land was a rarity. You could pretty much go where you pleased. Times have changed and with them what is acceptable.

That's hilarious. He had to be asleep, but it's still funny.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Old stone, though. Just sayin'.

And these days, mostly shale.

Full of gas? grin

Dale
(just couldn't resist the set up)

This space for rent

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well that sucks, i don't have trespassers, what I do have are posted signs that read:

LIVE FIRE DRILLS, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SHOOTING ACCIDENTS!
GO BACK!

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Last time I went pheasant hunting I come up to the honey hole which is about 1/2 mile away. See a dog and an orange vest, and then another dog. And then they see me.

I walked straight up out of the creek bottom and got to a place where I could see their pickup taking off.

I know who it is.

My buddy's son in law (who bailed me out of jail 7-8 years ago) so I can't get too grouchy when see him.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Now you're even, but you can next time. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly....grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm glad us Pennsyktuckians from above i80 are polite hunters

we do our trespassing and poaching at night...ceptin bear season then everyone hunts everyone's land. oh and pheasant season...but even then we're pretty polite till the stocking truck makes us stop shooting from his roof

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
12, I always felt you were from that area of outlaws.. A fine clan up there...

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Add archery and turkey hunters to the hunt when, where and how they please list. At least in this area.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dale K
Old stone, though. Just sayin'.

And these days, mostly shale.

Full of gas? grin

Dale
(just couldn't resist the set up)

Ouch, that was sly, mean, and funny!!!!👍

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I would have had the law involved.

I would have and have got the law involved 1/2 dozen times. One incident nailed the same trespassers twice in the same year.

A neighbor called me and said three guys were seen dragging a buck off of a hill side on my cabin property. I called the county sheriff department before I left and met the guys right at the fence near the road. I jumped off the ATV and commenced taking pictures, then a deputy arrived.

One of the hunters said he shot the buck on the adjoining property and tracked it into my property. They admitted they did not have permission to hunt on that property either. In the mean time, the deputy had called for warden assistance. 45 minutes later, a warden and assistant showed up. The warden inspected the carcass tag and found the hunter had not slit the month/date/time requirement on the carcass tag. He wrote out a violation ticket and confiscated the buck. Deputy gave them a ticket for trespassing.

A month later I found evidence of an attempted break-in at the cabin. Someone tried to jimmy the outside door bolt/padlock combo. Figured that and the motion sensor light deterred them.

I have a trailcam disguised in a faux birdhouse aimed at the front of the cabin. Pulled the card and found perfect images of two of the three guys I confronted earlier. Images show a guy with a flat pry bar working at the door. County sheriff was called and arrests were made.

EXCELLENT!!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by gophergunner
If I encounter no trespassing signs I respect them, no questions asked.

Unless it's bear season...
I've never hunted bear in Pa.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, I chit under another's treestand. Didn't mean to, but it was about 30 minutes before daylight-that gray time-and the urge came on strong. Found a tree and did the deed. Pulling up I looked up, and there he was facing away. As far as I know, he didn't and I backed out, waiting for his wrath to come raining down. He never moved. Snuck off and tried not to laugh, but it was hard.

I grew up in a renegade clan, so it isn't all BS. However, being unsafe wasn't taken lightly. It was a different time, with more Deer than Pa could support. Posted land was a rarity. You could pretty much go where you pleased. Times have changed and with them what is acceptable.

battue,are you sure this didn't happen in the mountains of va. in 1990? i knew it was a pa. guy that took that crap under my stand. i could tell by the smell.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Had been standing still for a "while" when a white truck came into view on the road and stopped. Raised my binocs just in time to see a muzzle come out the window and point at me.

They must have met you before.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Your chits so washed up it no longer smells.

You smelled his [bleep]? Weird.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I don't care who you are...TFF! grin and well done on keeping the grunting to a minimum!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by moosemike
I do, I pushed your buttons. Only because you pizzed me off.

It's over.

Thumbs up on that!

I'm afraid to say that I like BOTH of ya. wink

So, I won't. grin

Jerry

I do too. But you have to admit, that was some funny schit.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,516
Posts18,472,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.