Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I am glad you have had good experience with them. I have not, at least in the last ten or so I have played with. I do have one Sendero I bought about 20 years ago that has had nothing done to it and is a tack driver, but that is the only one. Needless to say i am pretty satisfied with the rifle now. Cant complain about the groups with the Fusion after the Tubbs treatment.

I may have to try the 760, that is one that I have not.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Bought a 243 ADL at Academy Sports a couple weeks ago. Tried getting it to shoot in the factory stock but it was pretty inconsistent with about everything. I decided that it needed a stock and I had an B+C stock that came off another rifle, so I bought some BDL bottom metal and put it together. Torqued stock to 50inch pnds and have been trying to get it to shoot my hand loads. I have tried Varget and IMR 4350 with 70gr Speer TNT's. I have used various charges in both powders, all the way from middle of road to max in .5gr increments. I have had it shoot some great groups here and there, then when I load more of the same powder charge, it will not duplicate. I have handloaded for alot of rifles and I usually load to max COL and usually find something that works so I have been seating them to 2.710. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Getting frustrated a little with this rifle. No apparent stringing, just patterns and occasionally a crazy unexplained flyer? Stock was bedded for a different rifle but seems to fit ok.

Thanks
HeavyBarrel

I had one of those I bought from Walmart. Mine was a youth model with 20" barrel. I changed the stock to a full sized one bought in the classifieds. I lightened the trigger to 3#, added a 3-9 VX1 and floated the barrel with the bread wrapper deal. Called it my poor man's mountain rifle. That rifle would shoot 1/2" groups with 70gr TNT's and 4064. Never could get 100gr bullets to shoot quite that well but had a couple loads that were 1" or better consistently. The rifle itself was pretty light and took good form to shoot great groups but was very capable.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Confirmed again that Fusion is the ammo for this rifle with a nice 3/4" 3 shot group this evening. Prior to Tubbs treatment the Hornady superformance was 1 moa and it didn't change. Tested it also. The gun is at least a keeper now!

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12savage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,446 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,743
Posts18,476,060
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.