Campfire Regular
Mmmmmm MILF's

[Linked Image]

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, that's it, I watched the MILFs. Had to leave though, some guy kept butting in front of me and blocking the view.

And I didn't even know Battue was in town.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, if I was I most definitely would.... but perhaps another time and I most definitely will.....

Anyway, I'm still following you guys around and at it, but not where I would like to be. The Kenalog worked great. However, I didn't get the hoped for three months. The thing is the x-rays show a pretty good knee, so the question has always been why. The thigh is going numb more frequent and severe, so the current thought is we may have a compartment compression of some femoral nerve. He gave me a recommendation to a sports medicine Doc who specializes in compartment pressure testing and diagnostic ultrasound for musculoskeletal repair.

Thinking is the Kenalog had its primary beneficial response on the nerves that feed into the knee. Will see.

Smoke is correct, in that certain conditions can reach severity to the point that healthy eating, OTC and prescription meds, dedicated PT and good thoughts aren't the answer. Believe me, if it was I would have figured or found it out by now.

Smoke has it tough, bone on bone ankle issues won't be fixed with good living or eating, smoking and rubbing greens.

Last edited by battue; 07/31/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And in addition: Milfs are for younger guys who like them a little older, but the Milf always isn't responsive. Now, for the younger guys, Cougars are where it's at for they seek-out the Cubs. Unfortunately, none of you are Cubs. Time always has its way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My MILF is responsive <g>. Wears this old cub out in fact. We are enjoying our empty nest very much.

Hang in there, battue. All it takes is a little luck to go with your hard work and you could be right back in it. As you say, a nerve could easily be it, not that that's a small thing, but it beats (sorry SP) bone-on-bone!

They aren't doing artificial ankles.... right? I've never heard of one.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
They aren't doing artificial ankles.... right? I've never heard of one.

Yes they are, they've been doing 'em for years now. Problem is two-fold: The ankle is much more complex than the knee or hip, meaning it's harder to design and manufacture a copy; and they're not as far along in development as knees or hips.

My orthopedic surgeon does ankle replacements but he says I'm not a candidate. According to him, they wear out faster than hips or knees, and they're not very sturdy. He says that for an active man my age and size, fusion is the answer. I won't do that until I'm forced to though. Could be sooner rather than later.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Smoke has it tough, bone on bone ankle issues won't be fixed with good living or eating, smoking and rubbing greens.

Rubbing greens?? Never heard of that. Is it better to rub kale, or spinach? Arugula perhaps?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cannabis Oil. A friend had a bad accident when a motor boat got his foot. Circulation to that foot has been bad for years and has gotten worse and along with it the pain. According to him, the best relief he has had was cannabis oil. Haven't talked with him about it lately and it has been 4months or so since he first tried it. Will be interesting to see if he is still using it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm. Just. Saying.

Telling ya, guys.... my homemade edibles either have a pretty amazing general inflammation suppression effect...... or they are doing something analogous as far as just having my body feel good. But either way, it's a bit of a mid-life miracle, one I did not see coming and it's just a very tangible very net-positive physical effect. No toxicity whatsoever. I don't know how else to really convey it other than to say I reset my "days without ibuprofen" ibuprofen clock last week when I took 400 mg after we had packed into the Gearhart. Prior to that I bet it'd been... I can't even say with any real certainty it had been so long... 6 months? I used to take it multiple times a week. Word.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tiny Elvis and I got in 3 miles before the sun was up; still smokey with the fires around

[Linked Image]

Mmmm cannibas oil

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mtwarden; 08/01/17.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'm. Just. Saying.

Telling ya, guys.... my homemade edibles either have a pretty amazing general inflammation suppression effect...... or they are doing something analogous as far as just having my body feel good. But either way, it's a bit of a mid-life miracle, one I did not see coming and it's just a very tangible very net-positive physical effect. No toxicity whatsoever. I don't know how else to really convey it other than to say I reset my "days without ibuprofen" ibuprofen clock last week when I took 400 mg after we had packed into the Gearhart. Prior to that I bet it'd been... I can't even say with any real certainty it had been so long... 6 months? I used to take it multiple times a week. Word.

Not an option for me Jeff. And 400 mg. of ibuprofen? That's the dose for a 100-lb. MILF. I get no relief until I'm up around 1,000, twice a day. And no, I don't take it regularly, only when I'm doing something like hiking.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Lifted good today. Need to put in more regular packing climbs up Summit trail.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
:Lower body yesterday, upper today.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am nearly 60 and take fitness seriously and my great motivator was , at 21 my cousin out packed me while getting a bull elk out of our mountains. I said never will I be outwalked again. I started by running during the off season and still run but also inline skate, hike, rope steers, mountain ride and keep a sideline farrier business
. Horseshoeing is very anaerobic and keeps your core very tight. I also am learning how to speed skip rope and if you haven 't tried it, it is also anaerobic and like inline skating is good for balance. I take supplements but I really don't see how they help much .Busted bones and arthritis goes along with riding broncs when I was younger-- my choice no regrets. I don't know how anyone would hunt our Rockies at my age without a plan.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
beautiful morning here, most of the smoke cleared and a nice 58 degrees at the trailhead- Tiny E and I got 3-ish miles in

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by comerade
I don't know how anyone would hunt our Rockies at my age without a plan.

That's an easy one. From the truck!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
squeezed in a 5 mile run after work- this is the first evening I've been able to run in over a month (75 degrees); this past July was the second warmest on record (I think records go back 130 years)

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Hiked mt Townsend. 7 miles and 3000 ft elevation gain with light pack

Ton of smoke in the air from the BC fires. 104 today

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
got 4 miles in with Tiny E before sunrise- a little smokey, but temps were in the low 50's- I think I almost felt a small shiver laugh

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Taking a rest day today, running the Elkhorn 23k tomorrow- a very pretty, but grueling race in the Elkhorn Mountains. God is smiling on me as the forecast high tomorrow is in the low 70's- this is after five weeks of 90+ degree weather. I have done no, none, notta, zero warm weather training and had it been forecast in the 90's I may have very well bagged the race.

Page 52 of 79 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.