Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
69 without question.
Dave

I can't wait to find one of the new model S&W Model 69 with the 2.75" barrel in 44 mag! That will be THE Shiitt when you need a snub nose packing gun!!!

I just bought one of the new Ruger Redhawks in 45 colt / 45 acp with the 4" barrel. Love it!
Needs a little trigger work, but that's just the way it is when you buy any new RUGER.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
But yes, Ruger. If these three loads are hitting to the same POA, with the rear sight bottomed, you need a taller front sight.....................

Does it have the tall or short Ruger rear sight blade???????

Last edited by molly; 01/06/17.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
69 without question.
Dave

I can't wait to find one of the new model S&W Model 69 with the 2.75" barrel in 44 mag! That will be THE Shiitt when you need a snub nose packing gun!!!

I just bought one of the new Ruger Redhawks in 45 colt / 45 acp with the 4" barrel. Love it!
Needs a little trigger work, but that's just the way it is when you buy any new RUGER.

Your 69 won't be anything to write home about either...

Trigger wise.

Dave

Last edited by deflave; 01/06/17. Reason: I forgot to clarify for the Texans

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by molly
But yes, Ruger. If these three loads are hitting to the same POA, with the rear sight bottomed, you need a taller front sight.....................

Does it have the tall or short Ruger rear sight blade???????

Couldn't tell you. I'm not a Ruger guy.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
69 without question.
Dave

Your 69 won't be anything to write home about either...

Dave

I've got one of the 4" Model 69 in .44 mag. It's plenty accurate with the right Handload using a 260 gr LBT WFN Cast Bullet with 10 grains of Unique. Most of the loads for mine are at .44 special velocities. I'll be using the same loads in the 2.75" version. Sort of like a + P .44 special. cool

If I want to shoot heavy loaded .44 mag hunting loads, I use my .44 RedHawk or Super BlackHawk.

Sure wish S&W would have done a 3" bbl instead of the 2.75" version.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know modern Smiths are good guns I was just saying their triggers leave something to be desired.

As do Ruger's.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know modern Smiths are good guns I was just saying their triggers leave something to be desired.

As do Ruger's.

Dave

Gotcha. And I agree. BTW, it should be real easy to change the front sight on your new Ruger .44. And I bet if you call Ruger, they will send you one for free.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm not a Ruger guy.

Dave

Advise folks to dry-fire their piece 10k times to "improve" the trigger pull and you are in like Flint.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to my calculations, the rear sight blade on the new GP100 is the short edition. Comparing to the blade on RedHawks anyway. A real easy fix, but I do like how low and out of the way the stock variant is on mine. Since replacing the grips and doing a little trigger work, I can't find anything on the little .44 that I don't like.

[Linked Image]

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mine needs some faux ivory.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lastround
According to my calculations, the rear sight blade on the new GP100 is the short edition. Comparing to the blade on RedHawks anyway. A real easy fix, but I do like how low and out of the way the stock variant is on mine. Since replacing the grips and doing a little trigger work, I can't find anything on the little .44 that I don't like.

[Linked Image]

Will have t see how the Hogues fit my hand and feel but, damn, if those grips don't look about perfect. Compact or regular ones?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image]

Which load are you shooting?

(That's what she said)

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
200gr. W/C's had the same POI as the Keith's.

15yds. and I wasn't taking my time.

[Linked Image]

200gr. XTP's = same/same.

[Linked Image]

Twirl that sob on your finger first then shoot it Jesus.. then fire couple rounds off in the air

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I see XS is making the Big Dot for the GP100 and Bowen is making the Rough Country.

This hubcap could be polished to a high sheen before year's end...

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I have settled on the Keith #429421 250 gr. over 7.0 gr. of Unique with a CCI 300 primer. I may reduce it a bit more. I've got .44 Magnums if I want anything more powerful. I kind of like shooting .44 Special equivalents in this little gun.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Compact.

Doug
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

[Linked Image]

Hey Doug, who makes the GP compact grips since Lett's went out of business?
My last GP 100 4" was perfect with the compacts. This new 44 Special with those could make my S&W 329PD sweat as to who's the favorite packing pistol.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ordered mine straight from Ruger.com. I don't know who is making them for Ruger now, but I think they just recently became available again, both the Compact as well as the standard size. They fit both the GP100 and the Super Redhawk. As far as your 329; they are sure nice to carry due to their light weight. But they are bigger than the GP100. I see this little gun as my constant carry piece except when I need deep concealment.

Last edited by lastround; 01/07/17. Reason: Add a thought or two

Doug
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see XS is making the Big Dot for the GP100 and Bowen is making the Rough Country.

Dave

I gave you some of the best pistol shooting advice ever and you come back with this..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

Dave

I gave you some of the best pistol shooting advice ever and you come back with this..

This is serious business.

Dave

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 1badf350, 280Jeff, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,120
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.