Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her

email her teacher and principal. Make em slither back into the shadows. Speak up.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her

email her teacher and principal. Make em slither back into the shadows.

No. A young proud hunter matters more to me than hate mail to a closed minded waste of skin liberal.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fire the teacher. Hunting is a topic dear to most of us, but topic not considered, the teacher was wrong to act this way with a 9 year old.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Hell, school is closed the 1st week of rifle season here.

Not closed officially here. But if you ask for it off, ya gonna git it. Denial would could a bit of a stir.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The 1st week of rifle starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

School is out the entire week of Thanksgiving, which is of course the 1st week of deer season.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Our local paper (once a week) shows kids every week with the deer they've killed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kellory

What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her, that would show support, without being creepy or intrusive? Any idea? Something she would understand, and the parents would approve?

Good idea. The young lady deserves to know not everyone thinks like her teacher and school and supports her success.

I'm in for going in on a gift to show support.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fire the teacher and make sure the reason is made public.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was teaching in Alaska, a close friend brought in a silver tipped black wolf he had just trapped.

The entire class spent 20 minutes admiring that fine trophy and his trapping story.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
When I was in school (70's) in a small rural high school, even if we skipped school to go hunting we would bring the kill by to show off. If we hunted before school, we not only brought our guns to school and left them in the truck, we left them in the gun racks in the back windshield so all could see them. Didn't even lock the doors. Different time for sure.

Our english teacher kept his rifle in the corner of the classroom and cleaned it at lunchtime--then after school we went hunting with him.

And we would also drive to school with our rifles in the gunrack and not lock the doors.

In Colorado, school districts still take one or two days off in mid October. The vacation days were originally for rifle season, but I'm sure that most school districts, administrators and teachers on the Front Range don't even know that.........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you're a teacher, pretty regular you get students sporting ideas you might find abhorrent or plain just don't agree with, one learns to keep one's mouth shut or to carefully phrase what you do say.

That idiot teacher does not belong in a classroom, the idiot Principal doesn't belong in any school.

JMHO
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
When I was in school (70's) in a small rural high school, even if we skipped school to go hunting we would bring the kill by to show off. If we hunted before school, we not only brought our guns to school and left them in the truck, we left them in the gun racks in the back windshield so all could see them. Didn't even lock the doors. Different time for sure.
The first day of small game season and the first day of deer season were always excused absences at our school. Heck, we used to bring our shotguns to high school in our cars, and after school, walk across the football field and hunt rabbits, pheasants, deer and ducks in the swamps and strip mine land. My biology teacher would let us clean game in the chemistry lab before class, as long as we gave him a rabbit or duck. Senior year, one of our our teachers hunted with us a lot after school. Nowadays, if you show up for class with a nail clipper in your pocket, they call the SWAT team. How times have changed. A teacher gave my son some grief one time over his sudden case of Buck Fever that happened to occur on the first day of deer season. By the time I got done talking to the teacher, the assistant principal, the principal, the school board, and the local paper, that teacher was keeping a very low profile and lucky to still have a job. I hunt with the principal on a regular basis, and he wasn't too thrilled about his teacher's attitude towards my son going deer hunting.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone needs to be paid a visit in the parking lot and introduced to a length of saw chain.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, as long as Public Indoctrination Schools are allowed to operate this will continue. These "schools" exist to teach alright, teach the leftest way of beliefs.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by kellory

What kind of gift could be mailed to the family for her, that would show support, without being creepy or intrusive? Any idea? Something she would understand, and the parents would approve?

Good idea. The young lady deserves to know not everyone thinks like her teacher and school and supports her success.

I'm in for going in on a gift to show support.

I'm thinking about her age, and wondering if a hunting knife, fire starting kit, a good compass with instructions, something along that line. I have pocket fishing kits i made for friends i could toss into the pot, as well. (Things to keep her interested in the outdoors and off the X-box.)

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anybody know how to reach the Superintendent or School Board?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://d3axvdqkyu09xk.cloudfront.net/attachments/img_20150224_010211056-jpg.33425/

something like this is both beautiful and functional. This one is mine, and well used by now. I think i will contact the Craftsman, and see if he has materials to make another.

Last edited by kellory; 01/07/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Anybody know how to reach the Superintendent or School Board?
eacher: Hannah Copa: hcopahighlandschools.org

Principal: James Carpenter: jcarpenterhighlandschools.org;
(330) 239-1901.

Superintendent: Catherine Aukerman:
aukermanhighlandschools.org; (330) 239-1901, ext. 1217.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 1minute
yes and make a facebook page for everyone help make sure this happens very publicly. Kids parents should sue school for bullying

Last edited by ldholton; 01/08/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by 1minute
yes and make a facebook page for everyone help make sure this happens very publicly. Kids parents should sue school for bullying

Go ahead, but expect some opposition. Facebook has taken gun pics down, refused ad space to gun manufactures, shops, anything gun related.
I personally, will not facebook. Do not evwn have an account.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (25aught6, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222ND, 163bc, 62 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,809
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.