Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
On Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan said that Republicans would defund Planned Parenthood as part of the Obamacare repeal bill currently being devised on Capitol Hill.
“The Planned Parenthood legislation would be in our reconciliation bill,” Ryan told reporters.
In an attempt to prevent Democrats from filibustering the Obamacare repeal bill in the Senate, Republicans are using budget reconciliation to strip the ACA of the funding it needs to continue. Ryan’s comments on Thursday were the first official sign that the GOP plans to use this process to simultaneously yank federal funds from the nation’s largest abortionist.
The push to defund Planned Parenthood became a top Republican priority last year when a series of undercover videos exposed the organization’s despicable and illegal practices. Ryan’s remarks came on the heels of a report from the House Select Panel on Infant Lives, which detailed how the abortion company bolstered its profits with some of these practices.
The report, which has been completely ignored by the mainstream media, condemned Planned Parenthood for allowing tissue-procurement organizations to harvest fetal tissue in their clinics. Meanwhile, these TPOs – StemExpress being one of them – would stand aside and let Planned Parenthood accept compensation for the work. In this way, the abortionists were able to skirt the law and profit illegally.

Furthermore, the report noted that Planned Parenthood altered its abortion procedures to make sure StemExpress and other TPOs got the high-quality stem-cell tissue they needed. These alternative procedures heightened the risk of a fetus being born alive. As for what happens to those babies…no one in the industry appears willing to say.
Despite these disgusting revelations – and despite the already-disgusting dirty work performed by this organization – at least two Republican senators are balking at the idea of defunding Planned Parenthood. Sen. Susan Collins of Maine and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska have signaled that they may vote against any budget that takes money away from the abortion giant.
“I’m going to wait and see what happens,” Collins said. “Obviously, I’m not happy to hear the speaker wants to include defunding of Planned Parenthood, an extremely controversial issue in the package.”
A spokesperson for Murkowski said the senator “is concerned about defunding Planned Parenthood as she is a longtime support of Planned Parenthood and has opposed broadly defunding the organization.”
When you’re willing to stand against the repeal of Obamacare for the sake of preserving Planned Parenthood’s federal funding…what exactly separates you from the liberal Democrats?
Guess we’ll leave that question for the voters of Alaska and Maine.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Link?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Awesome! If true.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will believe it, when I see it!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I did see that on Fox last week during a Q&A that Ryan was doing..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Awesome! If true.

Perhaps not.

YES, PP needs to be defunded (and prosecuted), but this smacks more of Ryan finding a "poison pill" that he knows will kill the ObamaCare repeal in the Senate. The Ds will vote as a block to save ObamaCare, so the Rs have to have all onboard to get it passed. By linking this to that bill, Ryan is insuring several traitors within the R ranks in the Senate and thus killing the bill in the Senate while being able to dishonestly claim to have tried to do two right things in the House.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I may be too optimistic but I hope Ryan is not that dumb.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

It's not "dumb"; it's corrupt.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

He is dumb. He's a gutless, chickenshit weasel.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 4ager

It's not "dumb"; it's corrupt.

Corrupt and cowardly was understood, but I simply hoped he was not so dumb as to try.

Not that I have any love or respect for him. Quite the opposite.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So do some folks here think this is a cynical tactic on the part of Ryan to deep six efforts to repeal Obamacare? He's enough of a slime ball to do that, for sure, and it did seem way out of character for him to be actually interested in ending tax payer funding for abortion.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I do . Lyan ryan is a coniving pos .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Careful what you wish for unless you want a million more Ghetto Rats every year.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So do some folks here think this is a cynical tactic on the part of Ryan to deep six efforts to repeal Obamacare? He's enough of a slime ball to do that, for sure, and it did seem way out of character for him to be actually interested in ending tax payer funding for abortion.

There is no Federal funding of abortions.
Look up the Hyde amendment.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Snyper

'There is no federal funding earmarked for abortions' would be a much more accurate statement. whistle

Last edited by Raeford; 01/09/17. Reason: wordy

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Money is 100% fungible. If I provide money to ISIS, but stipulate that none of it can be spent on terrorism or murder, they can follow that restriction 100% and still afford to increase their terrorism and murder because of it. This is due to the fact that money that would have been spent on food and clothes, for example, is now freed up to spend on increased terror and murder. Same principle applies to Planned Parenthood and abortion. You can't fund them without funding abortions. This is due to the principle of the fungibility of money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If money funds an organization that performs abortions, it is funding abortions.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

So you are saying they use separate money other than the tax payer hand outs to perform abortions, what world do you live in?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Save money, build bigger Navy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,332
Posts18,526,707
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.