Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I just ordered a 2B. I am now more pumped knowing it'll fit good in the magnum barrel contour stock. Thanks for the pics!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I did, I had a Classic Edge that had a factory sporter contour in it, then had it opened up to the 2b contour, worked fine. The 2b is much thicker mid-way down the barrel channel and also at the front. Not sure if this helps at all, sporter on the left, 2b in the middle.
[Linked Image]

Perfect assessment.

twofish

*Master of random precision*
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by twofish
I did, I had a Classic Edge that had a factory sporter contour in it, then had it opened up to the 2b contour, worked fine. The 2b is much thicker mid-way down the barrel channel and also at the front. Not sure if this helps at all, sporter on the left, 2b in the middle.
[Linked Image]

Perfect assessment.

twofish

I love the middle and right rifles. I recognize that engraving on the barrel on the middle rifle. I'm collecting the parts to have a 7-08 built. In your honest assessment, who would you choose to build it. You've used all the ones I'm considering using. I will likely use a manners stock this go around.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As much as I like that rifle in the middle, if I did it again and I plan to build another this year I'd use Jon Beanland again. He did the rifle on the right, he is about as good as you could ask for IMHO.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"Team 7MM-08"
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That is a beauty. I'll have to see. I just like the idea of doing it local so I can walk into the shop and see progress. What about the Chesney fella? Can't think of his first name. I think Scott (Skane) uses him.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did just have one built by Nathan - Nathan Chesney @ Hillbilly Custom Rifles. He was great to work with, always available and we discussed my build in great detail and everything turned out exactly right. Wasn't anything uber fancy but its a nice rifle and attention to detail is super. Of the 5 different smiths I've had rifles built by, only 2 did exactly as per the specs sent, Nate was one and Jon Beanland the other. The others always forgot something - rifles turned out great but its the little things:)

"Team 7MM-08"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I did just have one built by Nathan - Nathan Chesney @ Hillbilly Custom Rifles. He was great to work with, always available and we discussed my build in great detail and everything turned out exactly right. Wasn't anything uber fancy but its a nice rifle and attention to detail is super. Of the 5 different smiths I've had rifles built by, only 2 did exactly as per the specs sent, Nate was one and Jon Beanland the other. The others always forgot something - rifles turned out great but its the little things:)

How long is turn around with John and Nathan? Guesstimate.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nate was about 7 months, the first one Jon did for me was about 3 months and the 2nd one maybe 7-8 months. His website says 3-4 months or quicker of you supply the parts.

"Team 7MM-08"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (907brass, AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 8 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,577
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.