Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Damn, if I'd known it did all the stuff in that poster I'd have tried it sometime.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They forgot to mention: Induces giggling!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

Yep, sounds just like obama.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here (cough) this(cough)is(cough) some(gag) really(gag)good(wheeze) s.hit(cough cough)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why can't the potheads just say " we like to get messed up because it feels good and takes us away from the problems we have in our lives for awhile" and leave it at that. I like to have a couple beers, so what. But enough of the "it cures cancer and hemp products can save the world" bulshit.

It's a recreation drug, end of story. If it helps dull your pain, fine, but so does whiskey and ibuprofen. probably a lot better drugs out there to alleviate pain.....

Eat moose, burn spruce
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not to mention it's the democrats, welfarees, and black lives matter drug of choice.

Eat moose, burn spruce
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Pittu
Not to mention it's the democrats, welfarees, and black lives matter drug of choice.

No, that's still alcohol

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a family member that is a psychiatrist in Denver. He admits people every week with cannabis-induced psychosis. People die from it, they may also kill other people and if they live, will suffer from a lifetime of psychosis. He'd never seen a case until he moved to Colorado. Primarily caused by OD'ing on edibles.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pittu
.. If it helps dull your pain, fine, but so does whiskey and ibuprofen. probably a lot better drugs out there to alleviate pain.....

Whiskey abuse destroys livers, Ibuprofen abuse destroys kidneys, and some people abuse both!
Does weed abuse destroy essential organs anywhere near as effectively as those do?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think its funny to watch people scramble to find any possible medical use for marijuana. Why not just admit that they just wanna get high? I always figured sucking smoke into your lungs was something to avoid.

Last edited by benchman; 01/12/17.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by benchman
I think its funny to watch people scramble to find any possible medical use for marijuana. Why not just admit that they just wanna get high? I always figured sucking smoke into your lungs was something to avoid.

This. To hear the justification would lead you to believe the weed is long lost alixer that cures everything from caner to acne.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
If your in pain from from cancer, have at it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never used the stuff myself,but I know it makes the girl next door horny..............

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I never used the stuff myself,but I know it makes the girl next door horny..............

Well, looks like you found at least one legitimate use for it.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, the Feds make it pretty much impossible to study, and then puts out the conclusion there's no proof it does anything.... Sounds like the Feds alright.

Twenty five years ago, my B-I-L was undergoing Chemo for Hodgkins lymphoma. His doc told him to get some weed if he felt nauseous. He'd go in for treatment, smoke a blunt, and come back to the farm and work the rest of the day.

The ONLY reason that the benefits of weed (and other natural substances) aren't studied is that nobody can make money off it. So Big Pharma throws some lobbyists at it to keep the research money away. Same reason we can vaccinate our dogs for Lyme disease, but not our kids. No money to follow.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I have a family member that is a psychiatrist in Denver. He admits people every week with cannabis-induced psychosis. People die from it, they may also kill other people and if they live, will suffer from a lifetime of psychosis. He'd never seen a case until he moved to Colorado. Primarily caused by OD'ing on edibles.

That must be a lot better grade than I've ever had. I quit 19 years ago though. Before that I likely smoked a metric ton.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a buddy who was sick bad from lung disease. He was a cigarette smoker and worked in a print shop. His lungs went real bad, he couldn't breathe. He was hospitalized and went totally anorexic. Wasting away did not want to eat, the doctor prescribed the " devil weed". He started eating, claims it is what saved him. I think it was in pill form. BTW he does not take them anymore, it was just a short term deal while being hospitalized.

Last edited by Angus1895; 01/12/17.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Needs more research= needs more grant money

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
The ONLY reason that the benefits of weed (and other natural substances) aren't studied is that nobody can make money off it. So Big Pharma throws some lobbyists at it to keep the research money away. Same reason we can vaccinate our dogs for Lyme disease, but not our kids. No money to follow.

That's changing. I just saw an article in the paper, retail sales in CO were $1.2 billion over the last year. It's taxed at around 25% I believe.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The mental health professionals with whom I interact on a regular basis have advised that cannabis use among individuals susceptible to developing psychosis does increase the risk of developing psychosis. This is especially true of adolescents/teenagers whose brains are not fully developed. Of course, heavier use and/or higher concentrations of THC creates a greater risk. As people age, there is a point beyond which they will not develop psychosis. That includes old people.

Like WyColoCowboy said, the biggest problem in Colorado right now is the increasing potency of the drug, especially with the edibles and dabbing. With the edibles, people tend to overeat the stuff when they don’t get high quick enough, which results in over ingestion. With people who abstain or only rarely touch the stuff, like people who visit for skiing and say “what the heck,” it can be a problem. Maureen Dowd did an article a couple of years ago about her experience with an edible.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 257Bob, 222Sako, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,965
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.