Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is the exact percentage of intoxicant in commercially sold marijuana measurable, consistently repeatable and reliable as it is with alcohol as shown in a "Proof" number on packaging, or is it just 'pot' luck as to how strong or weak if might be from one lot/brand/variety etc., to another?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BarryC: I dealt with marijuana users professionally for 29 years - in addition to that I have carefully observed those that use marijuana throughout my adult lifetime (55+ years) and I conclude this:
#1: Anyone who thinks marijuana is a "harmless" drug is an idiot!
#2: Anyone who thinks marijuana is "good" for you is an idiot!
#3: Anyone that thinks marijuana is NOT a "gateway" drug is an idiot!
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I could say exactly the same thing about Sugar. I would be willing to bet also that it causes more health problems and kills a lot more people.

Or, nicotine, or alcohol (both of which are THE gateway drugs).

Yea,but those are obvious. Sugar is also a gateway drug if you consider all the medications used to treat problems caused by obesity.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
#1: Anyone who thinks marijuana is a "harmless" drug is an idiot!
#2: Anyone who thinks marijuana is "good" for you is an idiot!
#3: Anyone that thinks marijuana is NOT a "gateway" drug is an idiot!
PERIOD!

The same could be said about tobacco and alcohol.

It's amusing that self-professed conservatives and self-professed freedom lovers want the government to impose restrictions on other people's choice of intoxicants...while leaving their own choice of intoxicants (tobacco and alcohol and prescription opiates) alone.

lol

Ain't it the funniest thing...
"we just want the evil assault rifle's, not your harmless hunting rifles." (Not ok)
"We just want the evil marijuana, not the harmless alcohol tobacco and Vicodin.." (perfectly OK)

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by joken2

Is the exact percentage of intoxicant in commercially sold marijuana measurable, consistently repeatable and reliable as it is with alcohol as shown in a "Proof" number on packaging, or is it just 'pot' luck as to how strong or weak if might be from one lot/brand/variety etc., to another?

I doubt it but it doesn't really matter does it? Do all alcohol users strictly calculate the amount of intoxicant recommended because they have access to alcohol percentage levels?

I think with both it's more of a matter of knowing when to stop. It's changed some since I was a pot smoker but in my day it wasn't possible to smoke yourself to death, or at least it took decades and would be because of lung disease rather than overdose.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Yes it is all marked with THC content % and edibles are labeled as well. Of course that's not going to prevent people from going overboard but nor does the 80 proof label on vodka.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

yes

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Somebody Has to f--k those fat ugly women. Booze helps with a tough job like that. Walmart is the place to meet them. Get your booze and big bitch at Walleyworld.

Last edited by hanco; 01/13/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Yes it is all marked with THC content % and edibles are labeled as well. Of course that's not going to prevent people from going overboard but nor does the 80 proof label on vodka.

OK, thanks.

The reason I asked is over the years I've known and worked around a fair many regular marijuana smokers, some were heavy users, a few of those grew their own. Many times I've heard them go on and on about how powerful or disappointing a particular batch is/was. If a person wanted to pace themselves I wondered how could they without knowing in advance how strong a given lot is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People saying recreational drugs have no medical purpose are blind to the facts.

Who would have thought that MDMA (Ecstasy) would be able to help returning solders with PTSD?
MDMA and PTSD

My niece has severe epilepsy and her doctor got her in a trial test using a purified solution of cannabidiol (CBD), a compound found in marijuana. She says it is the best thing that has happened to her.

As far as recreational use, I DGAF that people want to use it. I have known a lot of people that have died from alcohol and tobacco but don't know anyone that had died from pot.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by benchman
I think its funny to watch people scramble to find any possible medical use for marijuana. Why not just admit that they just wanna get high? I always figured sucking smoke into your lungs was something to avoid.

Welcome to 2017. Lots of ways to use it without smoking it.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they make it in enema form, the dopers can get both of their fixes at one time! wink

Settle down now, it's a joke!

Eat moose, burn spruce
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
There's weak evidence that suggests smoking marijuana can trigger a heart attack, especially for people at high risk of heart disease. But there's no evidence either way on whether chronic use affects a person's risk of a heart attack.
Weak evidence? Is that better than no evidence or about the same? F the government. I don't smoke pot but the frigging government might make me start.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obviously the market and regulations are evolving. I wouldn't be surprised if edibles get dealt with pretty swiftly.

Right now the weed market is like the wild west. Anything goes!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another study:

businessinsider.com
A new study suggests marijuana could be a miracle drug in the bedroom
Melia Robinson

Dec. 9, 2016, 12:15 PM

Marijuana in small doses may be a miracle drug in the bedroom.

Some researchers think the Schedule I drug could double as an aphrodisiac, according to a new study published in the Pharmacological Research journal on November 21.

People who light up before getting busy report feeling "aphrodisiac effects" in approximately half of cases, while 70% of users say they experienced "enhancement in pleasure and satisfaction," according to a review of preclinical trials and studies that used human subjects.

Researchers from the University of Catania in Italy and Charles University and Masaryk University in the Czech Republic did not find major discrepancies between men and women in these reports, which means marijuana could be a libido-booster regardless of a person's sex.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another study:

businessinsider.com
A new study suggests alcohol could cause delusional reactions toward marijuana

John Barleycorn

Aug. 18, 2016, 3:30 PM

Heavy usage of alcohol seems to cause a delusional paranoia toward marijuana.

Some researchers think that regular and heavy usage of alcohol, defined as more than 48 beers or a quart of distilled spirits consumed every day over a period of 10 or more years, causes a paranoid reaction wherein the users feel unduly threatened by the very subject of marijuana usage. Mental reactions generally include some sort of sustained irrational attack on anything related to marijuana, whether it be consumption, medical usage or even the mention of the word, while physical reactions generally include severely jerking knees similar to a form of St. Vitus dance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"No barley, no beer."
grin

Errr, "no bud, no buzz."

I'm so confused...

Last edited by 340boy; 01/13/17.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as you're not having a heart attack you're cool, bro. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
As long as you're not having a heart attack you're cool, bro. wink

laugh laugh No, no heart attack.
I don't partake in either substance. Well, beer, occasionally, but I couldn't help myself on this thread. grin

Last edited by 340boy; 01/13/17.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To show the Prejudice the Gov't has against Cannabis, they recently created a [b][color:#3333FF]separate category[/color][/b] for ALL Cannabis derivatives under the guise of UN treaty protocol, to even include Hemp Oil which contains 0.3 %THC,..0.3% is nothing and there is zero chance of getting high off of Hemp oil, the chemicals simply aren't present. Hemp oil was legal to purchase and use in all 50 states. Hemp oil is different from Cannabis oil as it's derived from the Hemp plant instead of the Marijuana plant.

But now as of Jan. 17, Cannabis and Anything derived from Genus Cannabis, which includes hemp products, are classified as a schedule 1 drug. The same classification as Heroin.

Hemp oil has proven to help children with epilepsy. It has also showed encouraging results for people with movement disorders as well. But our Gov't would rather get people strung out on Opiods, Benzos and Barbituates since Big Pharma pays the bills..

This affects me because I have a movement disorder and my condition has not responded well to the families of drugs that I've tried, and I'm just about at the back of the "medicine cabinet". If my problems could be solved by a few drops a day of Low THC Hemp oil, how does that affect any of you? I'd gladly trade a few drops of oil for being hooked on Benzodiazepines. So much for Freedom of choice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fed Rules?
Maybe not.
http://ireadculture.com/breaking-news-update-truth-dea-cbd/

Todd Winter also explained that the DEA’s recent amendment will not affect anyone in the ways that news outlets have initially been reporting: “The CSA has not changed; there has been no change in law. CBD derived from hemp is not illegal; it’s not a Schedule I drug regardless of what the DEA has done,” Winter said. “Judicial enforcement or judicial resolution of what the DEA has done is not going to happen because it didn’t really happen legally. Regardless of what the DEA has done, or said, or written on the changes they have made, it’s totally irrelevant because it’s not law.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.