Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't get a ringing in my ear until 2006-2007 I was in Iraq and them insurgent [bleep] had a steady supply of rockets. First one landed by the dfac at lunch time like 75 meters to long if that thing would landed 75-100 meters short probably wouldn't be typing this right now. Later on they hit the camp with a barrage of rockets. I'm going to stop come to think of it we were constantly getting hit with rockets. Now I have this ringing in my ear to remind me of those great times in Iraq.. almost forgot in Afghanistan at fob Salerno we got lit up pretty good one night the New England patriot cheer leaders were there on a uso trip and I guess they were wiggling the ph uck out crying they were to young to die lol the sr nco's in charge of handling them witnessed the big meltdown.

Last edited by 79S; 01/13/17.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad I'm not the only one with it. I just ignore it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Talked to a fellow last night who suffers from it.

Apparently high blood pressure can be a factor.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've had it for many years. It's a constant high pitched squeal, like a siren or factory whistle. Because it's constant I just sorta learned to ignore it but it's always there....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bsa1917hunter,

There is no downside to trying the Lipoflavinoid, and there are no side effects. It is basically a tailored vitamin pill. B Vitamins and the flavinoid ingredient.

Over the years I have recommended it to several friends. A couple it didn't help at all, but a couple of friends got significant relief, just as I did.

Once when I ran out, I didn't take it for a few days. In about three days my tinnitus started coming back very noticeably. I started taking it again and the tinnitus lowered back down within two days. So I am convinced it helps me.

The instructions on the Lipoflavinoid says that it takes up to, or about, 60 days to get results. In my case, and my friends, we didn't notice anything for about six weeks, then there was a definite improvement. If you try it for 60 days and don't get results, the company will refund your money, if you want to go to the trouble of writing them.

That means that you have to buy two bottles in order to see if it will work for you. One bottle won't last long enough. Wal-Mart carries it in the vitamin section, usually not far from the Centrum Silver.

After I got results I dropped down to two pills a day, one morning and one at night. I have been taking it for about 8 or 9 years.

When I get a head cold my tinnitus gets very bad, reminding me that I still have it, and how bad it was. When I get over the cold it goes away and I seldom notice it.

Very loud noise will bring it back for a few hours, sometime. It is a curse on mankind, for sure.

https://lipoflavonoid.com/content/6-about-lipo-flavonoid-plus

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I work with a guy that needs to try it

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ihookem
Greetings everyone. I trust we are all doing fine with our new president only 8 days away. I am writing cause a year ago or so there was a thread on tinnitus, a ringing in a persons ear. I have had it for years and seems to be getting worse. Has anyone had good results with any medication on tinnitus? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks. ihookem.

Options pretty much boil down to ignore it or get a job somewhere loud.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greetings everyone. I trust we are all doing fine with our new president only 8 days away. I am writing cause a year ago or so there was a thread on tinnitus, a ringing in a persons ear. I have had it for years and seems to be getting worse. Has anyone had good results with any medication on tinnitus? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks. ihookem.

I have been using Magnesium Citrate for years and it does help mine. Start out with 200 mg and see if it doesn't help you out. The RDA is 400 mg. Take it with food, it can upset your stomach.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It often bothers me at night when I'm trying to sleep. Once I notice it, it can be a pain in the azz.

Sometimes concentrating on it helps. It becomes kinda a comforting white noise.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I've had this high-pitched tone going since the mid to late 60's. Nothing seems to help, I have aids, and try to protect the remainder of my hearing. I'm afraid "The Warden" will have to put up with a profoundly deaf guy in another 20 years, or so (presuming she lets me live that long) smile
Farm equipment, heavy equipment, blasting, artillery, gunfire, routers, planers, table saws, and even skilsaws, didn't have anything to do with the problem, I'm sure smile
Good luck, and commiserating prayers sent for all afflicted.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I've had it for many years, I find it relaxing.......

Mine changes tones and intensity all the time....

I like the cricket noises the best......

Might as well think positive about it...........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
High blood pressure is definitely a factor. I have tinnitus, and I notice that it gets worse when my bp is high. Was so bad a couple of months ago that I went to the Doc for a checkup. Sure enough, bp was 160/105. Headed in the right direction now, down to 135/95.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I've had this high-pitched tone going since the mid to late 60's. Nothing seems to help, I have HEARING aids, and try to protect the remainder of my hearing. I'm afraid "The Warden" will have to put up with a profoundly deaf guy in another 20 years, or so (presuming she lets me live that long) smile
Farm equipment, heavy equipment, blasting, artillery, gunfire, routers, planers, table saws, and even skilsaws, didn't have anything to do with the problem, I'm sure smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idle question: How many of you recall the moment when you met Ms. Tinnitus?

I mean besides me.

1911 discharge about 6" off my left ear, Feb 1970. Minigun muzzle 3' off the left knee, '69-'72. Chopper transmission 2' behind my noodle, '69-'72.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT-whine-BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT-whine-BANG-whine-BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Say what????

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine never goes but some days, like right now, it's louder than most. I like to keep some background noise, radio ect, so I can't hear it.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have a little speaker next to my bed. It makes a sound like a window air conditioner. \\

You can vary the volume and tone. Its pretty good for background noise.

Also drowns out a little light snoring from the missus.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 01/13/17.

I am MAGA.
I
ihookem Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
One poster mentioned a head cold makes it worse. I have a cold now and may be part of the problem. I will try this med. It will be 50 bucks but worth it if it takes 50% of it away. I can not imagine not hearing this noise. I hope they find something for it someday.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a C5 Galaxy running in my head 24/7.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
One poster mentioned a head cold makes it worse. I have a cold now and may be part of the problem. I will try this med. It will be 50 bucks but worth it if it takes 50% of it away. I can not imagine not hearing this noise. I hope they find something for it someday.

They will, exactly one year after we are all in the grave.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I've had this high-pitched tone going since the mid to late 60's. Nothing seems to help, I have HEARING aids, and try to protect the remainder of my hearing. I'm afraid "The Warden" will have to put up with a profoundly deaf guy in another 20 years, or so (presuming she lets me live that long) smile

I'm surprised you're the only one who caught that smile
Another old deaf friend and I used to joke about having aids - and enjoy the responses from passerby to this (obvious) cowboy, and his (obvious) preacher buddy! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 163bc, 1minute, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,594
Posts18,473,485
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.