Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can't wait for the movie to come out! laugh Call it Who's your Aoudaddy!

Last edited by basdjs; 01/15/17.
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
So we've all learned to not use anyone in this thread?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I thought it would be interesting to go hunt on one of these hunts, but after all this...Probably best to stay away

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After reading this, I WOULD NOT hunt with either of you!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by warpig602

Do a little research on me please sir and you'll see that I've had nothing but good reviews over the years. I've had several hunt with me on this forum and many others from other sites. Just Google my handle or search and you'll see. It's sad this sort of situation has come about on this particular property and that is why we only hunt properties we have exclusive access to that can be managed properly. We will no longer be hunting this particular area and have another property we were offered will be now be using in place that yes only we will hunt.

I hunt a dozen different properties in West Texas where I deal with the landowner directly. Have been there for several years with no complaints. This particular deal I never got to deal with the landowner but rather the leasor. It's sad it's come down to this and I wish it could have been resolved over the phone but that's where the world is taking us I guess.

Best of luck to them both.

As for my clients never meeting me well many have hunted with me on guided hunts. We have done many self guided hunts on the property in discussion and all clients know ahead of time I will not be there and that is to save them money as it is a 5 hour drive one way for me. Leland was Onsite to help them if needed or I always tell my hunters to call me day or night if they need anything at all. A little research is all you need to do to clear this up.

I'm sorry it came to this and I will no longer be apart of it. If you need to bash my name to improve your business well I will not do so but if I keep chasing you around the Internet doing such things I will always defend my name.

Good day.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Canazes9
For the record, Mike McKinney didn't double book me - he supplied me lease documents leasing Lelands place and another 1,000 acres. Chris Leland refused to allow me access to the additional 1,000 acres - he was guiding mule deer hunter on the property - we met them.

After discussing the situation with Mike McKinney, he booked every member of my hunt into 1st class hunts to salvage our mule deer season. The very least it cost him was every dime we had paid him for the lease. We had good hunts, took nice animals.

That's the only reason I didn't beat your ass at your trailer Chris - you owe Mike a great big public thank you.

David

See folks, perfect example. I make things right no matter what even if I lose money on the deal. And I'll continue to make it right by moving on.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by basdjs
I can't wait for the movie to come out! laugh Call it Who's your Aoudaddy!

LMAO

Originally Posted by warpig602

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by 300MAG

Yup.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mulie_mike
Originally Posted by Canazes9
For the record, Mike McKinney didn't double book me - he supplied me lease documents leasing Lelands place and another 1,000 acres. Chris Leland refused to allow me access to the additional 1,000 acres - he was guiding mule deer hunter on the property - we met them.

After discussing the situation with Mike McKinney, he booked every member of my hunt into 1st class hunts to salvage our mule deer season. The very least it cost him was every dime we had paid him for the lease. We had good hunts, took nice animals.

That's the only reason I didn't beat your ass at your trailer Chris - you owe Mike a great big public thank you.

David

See folks, perfect example. I make things right no matter what even if I lose money on the deal. And I'll continue to make it right by moving on.

One can't ask for much more than that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know either of these guys, but I hunted MD out of Terlingua last month......

Ten hunters on 100k acres and all we saw were young bucks and lots of does.

The guy who is offering MD hunts on only 1200 acres is ripping people off. TP&W estimates ONE trophy MD buck for every 13000 acres in the Trans Pecos, so it takes a lot of country for a quality hunt.

I don't know Mike McKinney personally,but he has a good reputation as far as I know.

I wouldn't judge him from this new guys comments.

Rick should delete this thread unless the new guy paid his ad fee.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 300MAG

I'm sorry this situation had made you feel that way. This is what I try to avoid. In my defense please read the above posts. If your ever out this way I'd love to clear this up. You can see a few of my ranches, see how I really run things. Spend a few hours with me- I welcome anyone to do so. If you don't like what you see well heck I'll cover your fuel and send you back full.

www.westtexashunt.com

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I don't know either of these guys, but I hunted MD out of Terlingua last month......

The guy who is offering MD hunts on only 1200 acres is ripping people off. TP&W estimates ONE trophy MD buck for every 13000 acres in the Trans Pecos, so it takes a lot of country for a quality hunt.

I don't know Mike McKinney personally,but he has a good reputation as far as I know.

Except that Chris Leland and Chris Miller seem to have gotten exactly what they paid for with this thread.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
mulie-mike has a rep as standup guy.I would have no problem booking with him.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have not hunted with Mike, but I have met him face to face a couple of years ago. He came across as an honest, stand up guy and I have no reason to believe otherwise, as there have been too many satisfied hunters on various threads and forums that testify to this fact.

I also do not know the Terlingua guys, and have never met them. I do, however, know that some of the locals down there can be, let's say, holdovers from the Woodstock era.

My money is on Mike in this situation.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I agree with JG. Mike has been around here along time. I have only ever seen good comments about him or his hunts here.

Spencer

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Location is everything. These properties are a few miles from Busch mountain and were holding some decent deer. Mike didn't sell this to me as a trophy hunt, it was a discounted DIY hunt for someone that wanted to hunt this area specifically - I've spent a lot of time in Big Bend and just wanted to hunt that area.

If Leland hadn't locked me out of my second property and run multiple guided hunts over both properties, I would have gotten what I paid for - an opportunity to shoot a mule deer buck in the Big Bend area at a discount price.

The guided hunts Mike set up for my party the second week of mule deer season were in completely different areas and were high quality hunts, with numerous shot opportunities at numerous nice animals.

I've made no mention of any of this on this board to this time because the reaction is always to blame the outfitter regardless of what they do. Mike bent over backwards to make things right. We didn't have to take a rain check - We talked, discussed our situation and he said give me some time to see what I can do. A few hours later he called back with directions on where to go to start our guided hunts in new loactions the next day. We didn't pay for guided hunts - we paid for discount DIY lease access.

I don't know what else Mike could have done to set things right. I have zero issue with Mike.

Chris Leland is a low life scamming POS - hope nobody else gets burned dealing with this trash.

David

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if Terlingua attracts crazies, or makes them that way.

The folks that run the motel in Terlingua are good folks...... don't know about the motels in Study Butte.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Terlingua draws the crazies in like moths to a flame.

The Gage hotel in Marathon is the nicest place to stay in the area, Holland hotel in Alpine is also pretty nice.

David

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think I need a score card for this one...

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I have not hunted with Mike, but I have met him face to face a couple of years ago. He came across as an honest, stand up guy and I have no reason to believe otherwise, as there have been too many satisfied hunters on various threads and forums that testify to this fact.

I also do not know the Terlingua guys, and have never met them. I do, however, know that some of the locals down there can be, let's say, holdovers from the Woodstock era.

My money is on Mike in this situation.

I agree, my money's on Mike. I frequent Texas Hunting Forum and have seen dozens of hunting reports from clients of his and they were all very positive along with photos from the hunts to back it up!

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I vote for score card

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,040 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,042
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.