The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by bbassi
MY general sentiment is you gotta be an idiot to

A - live where there's anyone who can tell you what you can and can't do on your property, and

B - come on here looking for sympathy.

YMMV

My thoughts exactly....

Yeah and boy do I have news for both of you. As much as you believe you have full domain of what you do on your property you do NOT!

I have a couple hundred acres not goverened by anything but the EPA sure dropped in when I made a few simple improvements.

There's always seomone from somewhere able to tell you what you can and can't do. The days you speak of are all but done.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

V
Vek Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
If either of you two commandos can identify where I solicited sympathy, by all means point it out.

A - live where there's anyone who can tell you what you can and can't do on your property, and

YMMV

My thoughts exactly....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

YMMV

My thoughts exactly....

Yeah and boy do I have news for both of you. As much as you believe you have full domain of what you do on your property you do NOT!

I have a couple hundred acres not goverened by anything but the EPA sure dropped in when I made a few simple improvements.

There's always seomone from somewhere able to tell you what you can and can't do. The days you speak of are all but done.

Sure....we all have county, state, and fed regulators' noses in our business but joining a HOA is self inflicted regulation....
Every one with even half a brain knows HOA's are nothing but trouble....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Four pages and nobody suggests fugking the president of the HOA's wife?

Or, if the president is a chick, fugk her. Take video.

This is a no brainer.

Dave

Make love, not war.

A treatise on conflict resolution.

By D. T. Deflave, A.H., M.F. er, G.F.Y.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
My guess is, half the fuggers here saying you're an idiot for living in an HOA, are the exact reason you choose to live in an HOA.

Yard full of broke down cars, moss covered RV's and broken lawnmowers, old couches and toilets, a boat that last ran in 1986 (no trailer, sitting on the ground), beer cans scattered all over hell in their weed patch (broken lawnmowers, or at least that's their excuse), a blue tarp for a roof, 15 cats, and fugg'n tweekers in an out all hours of the day.

I was unaware you had visited my place.

ROFL!! laugh
I was gonna ask GW if he realized he had mentioned broken mowers, twice.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc

YMMV

My thoughts exactly....

Sure....we all have county, state, and fed regulators' noses in our business but joining a HOA is self inflicted regulation....
Every one with even half a brain knows HOA's are nothing but trouble....

I guess. However, I have owned one home in the DC area for 25 years and never ever had a problem with HOA. In fact the HOA has greatly boosted and maintained property values. Mainly due to the number of renters we now have.

They have their good and bad for sure. I just keep out of their way and maintain my homes the same way I would rules or not.

Again, I've had more run-in's with .gov than HOA against all of my properties combined.

Good luck to the OP.

Go Nats!!!!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They wanted to form a HOA here, after the houses were built. I suggested that the requirements were at least 2 large dogs (pretty much the norm for around here), and one pickup without wheels up on blocks. The guy wanting to start turned in a neighbor to zoning for unloading landscaping stones in his ddriveway, not even enough time to move the truck, let alone build the wall.

I hate to lay down for a HOA, you will have to consider what your wife really said, and what the bylaws are.

Last edited by kennyd; 01/15/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every person has the legal right to critique government employees about their behavior and work practices. I believe this is protected in a Supreme Court case. What makes the difference if its an employee of a government agency or a shadow government agency like an HOA??

You did not give up your right to critique the work performance of the HOA employee. They are punishing you for exercising your right to critique their work performance. I think this may be where you find a similar case of critiquing the work performance of a government employee and attach it to your situation at the HOA. It appears no threats were made, she asked a pertinate question and now is getting punished .

The Constitution is about controlling the/a government behavior. It appears an HOA is just another government including having elected officials.

Just my thoughts.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They have a really stupid one here in SC whereby all pickups must be parked in the garage. NO way NO time!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My wife has been gone since Wednesday. I've flushed the toilet a total of 4 times. Slung about 200 rounds of 22LR off the deck and another 40 rounds of 44 magnum in the field.

Tomorrow I'll likely get liquored up and run the UTV up and down the street......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
It appears that the OP lives in a pretty nice location and is smart enough to earn his chosen lifestyle.

A different option if you want to stay is to appear compliant, pay the fine, then go all guerilla warfare on their pathetic little asses. Most people have no concept of personal security and are easy targets for quality of life attacks.

Or just pay the fine and enjoy the good parts of where you live.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
My wife has been gone since Wednesday. I've flushed the toilet a total of 4 times. Slung about 200 rounds of 22LR off the deck and another 40 rounds of 44 magnum in the field.

Tomorrow I'll likely get liquored up and run the UTV up and down the street......

Well it is MLK, Jr Day!! wink

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I take it you are the president of your HOA. laugh

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Burn every house of the board members down...And they will no longer live there.....So they will no longer be board.... eek

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Life is too short to lose time over this, so yeah, it's not worth stressing over. You agreed to be ruled by others when you bought into the HOA. Pay it and move on. Or don't and be consumed by it and still pay more later. Your call.

Yep exactly; $100 serenity fee.

Steelhead nailed it; if money can cover it then it isn't a problem.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kid0917
My guess is, half the fuggers here saying you're an idiot for living in an HOA, are the exact reason you choose to live in an HOA.

Yard full of broke down cars, moss covered RV's and broken lawnmowers, old couches and toilets, a boat that last ran in 1986 (no trailer, sitting on the ground), beer cans scattered all over hell in their weed patch (broken lawnmowers, or at least that's their excuse), a blue tarp for a roof, 15 cats, and fugg'n tweekers in an out all hours of the day.

ROFL!! laugh

Mentioned the second time because it's an excuse for the way their yard looks in the first place.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kid0917

ROFL!! laugh

Mentioned the second time because it's an excuse for the way their yard looks in the first place.

Don't forget the pink flamingos, lawn jockey, inflatable swimming pool, forever Christmas lights and several dish antennas of which maybe one works. Oh and the cables from the car battery to the house for heating and air. Just ask shreck!!

AND Flags. Miles and miles of flags!!! Has to be something I'm missing!! Hmmm….

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah, WTF? Trespassin' around here is some serious schit!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Esox357
Pay the $100.00 dollars and move!

This^^^, but not before laying the obligatory 'GFY!' on 'em...

Personally, we'd never live in such a place. We'll take remote living, 'no cell service' etc, any day of the week.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1234, 219DW, 65 invisible), 12,319 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,255
Posts18,544,520
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.