Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Never had a dog nail the vet, had one old cat years ago that was a mellow, lovable guy at home, and a complete wildcat at the vet. Don't think he ever nailed anyone, but when he got sick it was tough to treat him.

There are treatments for cats. Just saying.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/17/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

You admittedly knew your dog was a bite risk. Why in the [bleep] didn't YOU muzzle your dog before taking him in?! smh !!

Name me a dog that isn't a bite risk when a human unknown to the dog attempts to put hands on something that is hurting them without taking proper precautions. I'm no [bleep] Cesar the dog whisperer but if I'm about to mess with a sore on a dog that can actually hurt me whether it knows me or not I'd be making sure the head is controlled firmly away from me and or the muzzle covered. This was a mistake from a unexperienced vet tech simply put. And some of the comments above are so true, thank god it wasn't her face cuz it could have been, she was eye level with him. Crazy part is they love him there and they were all loving on him in the lobby before going into the examining room. Lesson learned for me is to not take for granted that the veterinary office that handles dogs every day knows what they're doing handling my dog.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Originally Posted by 54Woody
No one has said it yet but you should notify your insurance company. Don't concern yourself with whose fault it is just give the circumstances to your insurers and let them deal with it if necessary.

Good way to lose your insurance dog bite claims can cause insurer to cancel your policy. And others do not like to insure you on homeowners till problem pet is gone.

Especially with it being a Rott...

Dave

Rotts are rotten. Good to their pets (owners), bad for those who arent.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Lesson learned for me is to not take for granted that the veterinary office that handles dogs every day knows what they're doing handling my dog.

That's like assuming a gunsmith knows guns or a mechanic knows cars.

Most don't.

Clark

PS - You did nothing wrong so sleep easy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
They should have listened to you and put a muzzle on him, they're 100% at fault.

Yep. Got to agree here. It's not like you didn't warn him.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GunReader
I worked at a veterinarian's when I was about 13.

We were a place that kept dogs for the ten day rabies observation period. A special kennel area and we were supposed to be very careful in there - of course.

We'd use these rope loop things to handle dogs, not the ones with a handle, just rope. If it was a dog we sere supposed to keep away from ourselves we were supposed to keep swinging them so the centrifugal force kept them away.

Well I got one of the observation dogs on the end of the rope one day and I could not keep that mean SOB away from me and I got nailed. They weren't particularly sympathetic since it was my failure. He was 9 days into his observation period and now we had to keep him another 10 days. But he died that night! Then they were really pissed I had gotten bitten because they had to autopsy the brain to check for rabies. thank God, it wasn't rabies and I didn't need the shots.
Shots in the 90s were not bad. But that wasn't the 21 in the stomach anymore. Gamagobulin in my thumb hurt like hell though..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I had an exciting morning,so I take my 8 year old Rottweiler to the vet to have them look at a toe/claw that he injured. I told them that his feet are very sensitive, he never likes me messing with them and although he's never bit me doing so that he's expressed his dislike in me touching them in his own way. Well add to that foot phobia that he has an injury and I clearly told them it would be in their best interest to muzzle him. Well we aren't in the examining room 3 friggin minutes and a young tech kneels down and reaches for his bad paw. He grabbed her arm so quick there was nothing I could do. I was floored, the little girl was wailing in pain ( he got her really good) they dragged her out of the room real quick and I'm left standing there like WTF were you thinking. They immediately started panicking about Rabies and I'm like you guys take care of him , he got his shots last July. What a Phhucked way to start the day!

You admittedly knew your dog was a bite risk. Why in the [bleep] didn't YOU muzzle your dog before taking him in?! smh !!
Dog is not a risk except in pain... any dog can be... you keep a muzzle for yours around just in case? We don't....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would any one take a cat to the vet?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a beagle/blue tick cross that lived for one thing and one thing only. If it didn't have something to do with hunting, that dog couldn't care less. Doc Stryffler was an old small town vet who frequently hunt pheasants and rabbits with my dad and Belle. Belle was comfortable with Doc working on her, but wouldn't tolerate anyone else. Put a tech in the room with her and she'd get defensive, the hackles went up on her back, and the teeth were bared.

She knew Doc and trusted him but no one else. When she'd get all banged up while out hunting, we'd have to track down Doc if he was off, because no one else could work on her.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Why would any one take a cat to the vet?

This^^^^^. Its not like you cant buy a mouse trap. Small animal vets are for people - lovers. cool

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hanco
No but I did.

Vet bill that high?

I've had a couple of vet bills that were so high I swore I was going to learn how to dope a horse up and put stitches in so I'd never call one again...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I have to say a lot of vets today and people that love animals in general are really fugking stupid.

My lab only wants to wag his tail, eat, and find birds. Nothing else. But he's 110lbs. and has an IQ that would make Blackheart look like a fugking astronaut. So when I take him to the vet I always ask "Do you want to muzzle him?" The answer is invariably "Why?" Gee... I don't know. Maybe because you have a 110lb's of retard staring at you and you want to fist-fguk its ass? I mean, JFC. It's a DOG.

Last time I was at the vet, I'm standing in the lobby/waiting area and some fat fugking dilldo abuser comes walking up and just starts scratching and rubbing the fugk out of my dog's head. I say "You're not making my life any easier by doing that."

By the look on her fat face you'd have thought I'd punched her in the sternum. I tell her "You really shouldn't approach strange dogs like that. Especially big ones."

She walked out. Everybody looks at me like I'm the ass hole.

Keep your fugking dickbeaters off the fugking dog until you have a read on everything.

As far as I'm concerned, AC's dog dig that girl a favor. Better to learn now on your arm than later on your pretty little face.

Nothing further.

Clark

I love dogs and get along with them better than people. I have never had one get aggressive with me. Well, there was this one time I was riding my bicycle and a foaming at the mouth, snarling bigass mix breed came tearing after me. I don't normally worry when dogs chase me on the bike, but I am pretty sure this thing would have eaten me if it had caught me. Dogs generally have a good sense about them, even big retards. With that said, I will always ask the owner if I can say hello before I approach. It just seems like the right thing to do.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 01/17/17.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I have no interest in fawning over anyone elses dog. The dog wonders, WTF? It's not like some women who say, "I shoulda met this guy before i married Bozo".

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/17/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave [/quote]

Rotts are rotten. Good to their pets (owners), bad for those who arent. [/quote]

Rotts have been the best dogs I've ever had. Happy to greet and play with most anyone. But if my dog doesn't like you, I trust him, and don't like you either.

And I agree with Flave, don't just walk up and start petting him without asking me first.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had a male Rott for 8 years that I could do absolutely anything with, at any time... EXCEPT trim his nails... Never a bite outta him. But the only two times his nails got trimmed was when he got knocked out for surgeries. Fortunately he was an outdoor dog, so, he kept them relatively worn down.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Had a male Rott for 8 years that I could do absolutely anything with, at any time... EXCEPT trim his nails... Never a bite outta him. But the only two times his nails got trimmed was when he got knocked out for surgeries. Fortunately he was an outdoor dog, so, he kept them relatively worn down.

That's crazy, It must be a rott thing. My last Rott would not let me touch his nails and my current one won't either. They just hate having their feet played with.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Our jrt refused to allow anyone to touch his feet. Trimming his toenails was done by Momma while I sat on the little schitt.

Never had one bite anybody. But did have a young german shepard bitch do worse one time. We had just purchased the dog and took her in for an initial vet check.

The vet proceeded to express the anal glands, and whatever that stinky, slimey mess was, it squirted right into the vet's open mouth as he spoke to my wife.

I still shudder at the very thought.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My daughter is a Vet-Tech. And, yes, they do get bit from time to time.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
[Linked Image]

When he got older this one would take your leg off if you approached me, the wife or one of the kids too fast, and you were taller than 2 1/2 feet.

A trip to the vet required a muzzel and he sounded like Cujo the whole time.

On one trip this little 5' nuthin Vet Tech says i can fix this, give me his leash.

OK!?!?! You know what he's like????

She takes him back, they do what they need to do, he and she come out, he's on his leash and doing the Boxer twist, all giggly, happy, blowing snot everywhere, they were the best of buds, Just not with mom and dad close by!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I allowed a dog of mine to bite a vet employee, I'd shoot it, then feel guilty for not shooting myself.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1lesfox, 1234, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.