Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
On another note. I got a call from the ATF in Virginia this passed summer, several calls actually, I ignored them. Finally a couple of months ago I realized they weren't going to give up so I called them back. They asked where the complete gun log was for the shop that I closed down 4 years ago. I had printed it out and sent it back to Quantico along with the 4473's the day we closed down. He asked if I could print out another one and I told him nope, the computer is gone. I asked him if this is so important why are they so careless with in their job? He said that this happened a lot (lost records in their possession) I laughed out loud and told him I expected nothing less from a US agency that arms the drug cartels. He mumbled something and I told him my business with the ATF was completed 4 years and to quit calling me as I WILL NOT respond any further. That was the last I heard from that useless group of fu.cksticks, thankfully.

Correct me if wrong but aren't all firearms transaction records of an FFl required to be kept in perpetuity? If not, for how long must such records be maintained?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
no sent in when surrendering the ffl

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
The last time there was talk of disbanding the ATF they attacked a religious group near Waco and murdered them all (men, women and children) to prove how they could kick ass.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by victoro
The last time there was talk of disbanding the ATF they attacked a religious group near Waco and murdered them all (men, women and children) to prove how they could kick ass.

Actually, the FBI did the killing.

Try again?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Correct me if wrong but aren't all firearms transaction records of an FFl required to be kept in perpetuity? If not, for how long must such records be maintained?

FFL's gotta keep em' for 20 years. If ya' cease to do business prior to that, ya' gotta send em' in to the ATF.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
On another note. I got a call from the ATF in Virginia this passed summer, several calls actually, I ignored them. Finally a couple of months ago I realized they weren't going to give up so I called them back. They asked where the complete gun log was for the shop that I closed down 4 years ago. I had printed it out and sent it back to Quantico along with the 4473's the day we closed down. He asked if I could print out another one and I told him nope, the computer is gone. I asked him if this is so important why are they so careless with in their job? He said that this happened a lot (lost records in their possession) I laughed out loud and told him I expected nothing less from a US agency that arms the drug cartels. He mumbled something and I told him my business with the ATF was completed 4 years and to quit calling me as I WILL NOT respond any further. That was the last I heard from that useless group of fu.cksticks, thankfully.

Of course if you had given any excuses about record keeping while you were still a going concern they would have nailed your hide to a tree.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doing away with the ATF would be one of the best thing to happen for this country in the last 100 years

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by victoro
Yep. I remember it well.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Less government?

It has my support and backing!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If the Heller decision did nothing else, it did this:

Individual citizens have the right to bear arms in part to restrain the hand of government.

That right implies at the absolute minimum some sort of unfettered equivalency in the right to arms. This does not in any way shape or form imply ANY restriction whatsoever on ANY law abiding citizen and in fact the government knowing who among the citizens may be armed is a very substantial infringement on the right. It is tantamount to requiring the government to publish what arms it holds, where it holds them and who has access to them.

Alcohol and tobacco of course have no equivalent to the second amendment, and like pharmaceuticals are subject to government regulation.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.