Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Must have not been a good enough shot there to hit his knee, or other disabling place?

Back in the 60's maybe.

Lawyers have seen to it that the option was permanently removed from the playbook.

Deadly force is exactly that.

Even using "less that lethal" force on a suspect has been morphed into a scenario where deadly force could be justifiably used, but tried as a last ditch effort.

We live in a nation that is also trained to avoid lawsuits at any cost... civilian or otherwise.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Things have changed. Training's different.

When I was a rookie, the crusty old sergeants said, if you can't take a knife off someone, you shouldn't be a cop. Just the way it was.

No one wants to get stabbed, but I saw a lot of leeway there for those cops. It was obvious old Jerry decided it was time to go.

It was a "legal" shoot. It wasn't a morally good shoot. Not yet.

I'm reminded of the shoot at Columbine. Cops outside and gun shots going on inside and not one cop willing to go in and end it! Nobody wants to take a risk anymore? You meant to tell me, three cops with night sticks couldn't subdue this guy from three sides?

Jesus, I'm getting tired of making excuses for my brothers in blue, but someone already said it. They "Wanted" to shoot.

That's why I added the caveat"in today's culture" to my earlier post.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn, Jim........ you can't possibly know how many guys you spoke for in your post.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sad situation for sure

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Sad....think the man was either just plain stupid or had a death wish.

He obviously bled out very fast...did you see his loss of color? Almost immediate.

Very sad indeed .... also possible he had been drinking a lot

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Sad....think the man was either just plain stupid or had a death wish.

He obviously bled out very fast...did you see his loss of color? Almost immediate.

Very sad indeed .... also possible he had been drinking a lot

Indeed, but he could stand, walk, and was dexterous enough to reach for the taser barbs and remove with no trouble, "the stupid" and "death wish" exceeded the alcohol.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dogshooter, when you see that Reliable Game Processing sign turn in and the processor is on the left. Let me know how you like that deer. Processing bill is paid and it's ready to be picked up

Last edited by huntsonora; 01/19/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jim, I am right there with you.

I once had a crew foreman (under me as I was GM) that told the laborers under him, he'd hold his hand up in the air and say, "I'm up here", moves hand down to waist level, " and you're down here".

That's where we stand with cops.

LOL
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Dogshooter, when you see that Reliable Game Processing sign turn in and the processor is on the left. Let me know how you like that deer. Processing bill is paid and it's ready to be picked up

Thanks man!! Em picked it up yesterday, strapped with a G43 as usual, incase of a knife wielding psycho.... we're having some for supper tonight.

Those folks at reliable are friends with her grandad... and are good folks for sure.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Guess I'm lucky FB, I've not had nary a bad situation with Coppers the world over, been around a lot of them too, foreign coppers wont even look at ya.

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Thanks man!! Em picked it up yesterday, strapped with a G43 as usual, incase of a knife wielding psycho.... we're having some for supper tonight.

Those folks at reliable are friends with her grandad... and are good folks for sure.

Glad I aint parked out by that sign right now. grin

Trump Won!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
At that distance I didn't see a threat.

Very much a threat

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Rockinbbar...
Not even a judgement. Just watched the video a couple times and offered an opinion. Shows officers walking a long ways forward towards the guy. Then the guy walks towards them and they shoot him. Not saying he wasn't in the wrong, nor not a threat. Expecting a drunk crazy phucqker to be rational? Musta crossed some line they drew in the sand? There appeared to be lots of room around. I really don't give a phucqk though, it's what happened. A guy's obviously better off not getting into such chit.

Then you watched a different video. They were there because he already assaulted someone. They gave him a 1/2 dozen warnings to drop the knife, or they would shoot. hit him with a taser, several times. They went towards him to see if they could apprehend him several times, and backed away..several times.

Drunk or not, a man with a knife is a deadly force.

If he was in your house would you just try to fight him? If he was in your yard would you just try to fight him? Even after you've backed away more than once?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Guess I'm lucky FB, I've not had nary a bad situation with Coppers the world over, been around a lot of them too, foreign coppers wont even look at ya.

The one's in Nicaragua stand along the roadside and wave you to the edge where they levy and collect the fine right on the spot. Maybe we need some of those instead of the bohunks we got.

LOL
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by gunner500

The one's in Nicaragua stand along the roadside and wave you to the edge where they levy and collect the fine right on the spot. Maybe we need some of those instead of the bohunks we got.

LOL, wait till you meet a Chief and his posse in the jungles of Borneo. shocked grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What do they have on the Sandanistas?

LOL
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
They don't do tacos. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
smile

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kellory
Good shoot, in my untrained opinion, But I do have to wonder why bean bag rounds and that guns are not standard issue
per Cruiser
Folks are getting shot at distances too far for a taser.
Why not to use a less than lethal with longer range??
Why say it's a good shoot and then go on to mention what was wrong about it?
I don't believe any shoot is a good shoot. Some are just more necessary than others. This one wasn't necessary. Most everyone can tell that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Jim, I am right there with you.

I once had a crew foreman (under me as I was GM) that told the laborers under him, he'd hold his hand up in the air and say, "I'm up here", moves hand down to waist level, " and you're down here".

That's where we stand with cops.

You occupy that position in any intellectual display.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1badf350, 16gage, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,993 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,959
Posts18,519,447
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.