-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where's Fishhead at, he's from Ft. Collins, I believe. His name wasn't Jerry was it.. eek

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Where's Fishhead at, he's from Ft. Collins, I believe. His name wasn't Jerry was it.. eek

Fishhead ain't stupid.

Trump Won!
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by lvmiker
If a citizen with a carry permit had shot Jerry under the same circumstances he would face charges. A Prosecuter would not buy his claim of fearing for his life.

He might beat the charge but he would be out a bunch in legal fees.

Maybe in Texas. Here, if I were in that situation w/ the perp on film I wouldn't expect to be charged. If it became legally necessary to make a statement or answer questions , then I would engage my attorney.

mike r

My point is that I don't believe the two cops were actually in fear for their life from this old drunk guy.

If they really were, then that's a scary thought for people who depend on cops for their safety.

I'm not saying they shouldnt have shot him, just that they were not in fear for their lives.

Whether or not the LEOs were in fear of their life is not relevant. They have accepted a duty to protect the public. They have accepted a responsibility to keep the public safe from knife weilding idiots.

It is their job to detain and arrest those committing crimes of violence.

When it is your time to be arrested, you can either comply with LEO instructions and take your case to a judge. Or you can advance on the cops with a lethal weapon and sign your own death warrent.

I am not a cop. But I am not in the habit of feeling guilty for choices made by other people. Had I been one of the cops in this video, I would have reacted as they did. (with perhaps the exception of the later shot after ther perp was on the ground).And I would not lose any sleep over it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If street cops shot everyone that they legally could, and perhaps should their lives would be consumed by paper work and hearing.Most real cops deal w/ armed dangerous people on a regular basis and do not seek to kill anyone.

21 foot rule! Shoot the gun out of his hand! Shoot to wound! If I had a stick I would whoop him! Don't they know how to rassle?

Truly the chorus of the ignorant....some folk seem frightened to protect themselves because they can't afford an attorney and fear the cops more.

LMFAO

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
All cops are worthless, and every cop hater here is an expert in everything including world class marksmanship. At least thats what I take from it.

Never mind any opinions from ACTUAL LEO officers that were not involved and have no vested interest....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Sad....think the man was either just plain stupid or had a death wish.

He obviously bled out very fast...did you see his loss of color? Almost immediate.

Very sad indeed .... also possible he had been drinking a lot

Indeed, but he could stand, walk, and was dexterous enough to reach for the taser barbs and remove with no trouble, "the stupid" and "death wish" exceeded the alcohol.

good point

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
wink

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Face it, anyone here that questions the veracity of the shooting would still understand the severity of the situation and not proceed as Jerry did. If you did as Jerry did, you too would be dead.

People have placed so much value on a life that society is paying dearly for that misplaced philosophy. When a threat or even a drunk loser continues in the manner Jerry did, the world and Jerry are better off with the results of that shooting. It is no different than sweeping the dirt up off your floor.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have been told by forum cops that the standard for deadly force is the same for cops as for the public, and that it is based on FEAR, so that makes it relevant.

Unless the forum cops were wrong.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where's a 16 year old girl when you need one?

<<Sigh>>

LOL
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We have been told by forum cops that the standard for deadly force is the same for cops as for the public, and that it is based on FEAR, so that makes it relevant.

Unless the forum cops were wrong.

What, other than fear of death or grave bodily injury to a human being, should justify deadly force? Your morbid fear of cops, for instance would not be a legal basis for use of deadly force as it does not meet the "Reasonable Man" criteria.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Spent too much time in bars.

One constant, was that every once in awhile, some dude would get too hammered, to where they were walkin' like Ol' Jerry.

Fore you could blink twice, three "badasses" wanted to kick the shat outta the dude, for some perceived slight.

Cause they hadda chance to look badass, with no risk.

Resta the bar realized the dude was out of it, but had no need to try and prove their badassery.

These cops coulda been *true* badasses, with a little risk, or "badasses" with no risk.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,081
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.