Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Seattle Wants to Create ‘Safe Spaces’ for People to Take Illegal Drugs

College kids offended by Halloween costumes get their own “safe spaces,” and so do students who can’t stand the thought of having classmates who are Trump supporters.

Now, illegal drug users may be getting safe spaces, too.

In King County in Washington State, one person dies every day from a heroin overdose, according to county’s Board of Health. The plan is to end that grim string of fatalities by making it as easy as possible for people to take illegal drugs. The board voted 12-0 in favor of the sites, but the county and Seattle city officials are the ones who have to put pen to paper to actually make it happen.

In what would be the first of its kind in the U.S., the county wants to create two “safe injection sites.” Dubbed “Community Health Engagement Locations,” or CHEL, theses sites are designed to let drug users take the drugs under the supervision of medical professionals, with no judgment or limitation. A 2011 study labeled the Lancet study shows that these sites are effective.

Link with more

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The stuipd just gets deeper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In King County in Washington State, one person dies every day from a heroin overdose,.......

That's way too few. They need to start upping the doses. There should be at least 10/day getting dirt shoveled on them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And these are free of course. No cost to the non using taxpayer?

Because a responsible junkie will save up the fee money to use the safe injection site.

I bet you that they will responsibly dispose of the needle when they are done, too.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
This is going down the same path as compostable public toilets

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
The stuipd just gets deeper.

Good news for rehabs, good news for doctors, good news for prisons due to increased crime. Lawyers will also benefit, more crime, more public defenders. Oh, more judges for more crime. Repeat criminals are a cash cow.
Parasites (lawyers) like the crime, such as juicy favorite criminal illegal immigrants. This all gets charges back to the working guy and him family in many ways.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Time to de-fund.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great Idea! Build the sites next to the city cemetery, Shorten the trip.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not cemetery. Landfill.

Here's a thought. Let's demand a safe place to do something "really dangerous" like shoot guns. We''l call them Community Target Engagement Locations. Publicly funded, of course. Ammo provided, of course.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Time to de-fund.

Then de-louse with A-10 Warthogs. mad

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The blueprints for this were drawn in a Liberal utopia just North of Seachithole.

Link: http://www.vch.ca/your-health/health-topics/supervised-injection/supervised-injection

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/22/17.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.....and just down the street from the new injection centers

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
More drugs. Makes sense to me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the idea. Give them 100% pure smack, and let them solve their own problem.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
crossfire;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this second last Sunday of the first month of 2017 finds you well.

Let's see if this quote works - not a link somehow - but from a BC Gov'nt site.

VICTORIA - Some facts about illicit drug overdose deaths in 2016 in British Columbia: — The 914 people who died last year represents an almost 80-per-cent increase from 2015, when 510 people died. — The 142 people who died in December is the highest number recorded in a month.4 days ago

To put some more sobering stats in, we're not even 5 million people in the entire province, so when one considers that then the overdose numbers are even more sobering.

Years ago the provincial government began to defund the mental health system that was there and to me there's been a direct correlation between that and the rise in drug issues.

As mentioned previously I have two friends in the Vancouver PD and way, way too much of their time is spent dealing with mentally ill people - which of course they're not specifically trained to do.

We've always had folks who can't cope with life and fall through the cracks of society and I suspect we always will. Those of us who work for a living are going to be stuck with the bill of dealing with them - one way or another - correct?

The $2 question is how to deal with these folks in the most expedient AND humane way. They are after all still somebody's kin even if their dependency on a particular substance has reduced them to a former, barely unrecognizable shell of that family member.

Overall while safe injection sites have possibly reduced the overdose deaths, I don't see them reducing the problem of substance abuse in a meaningful way.

That's just one country boy's views from the sticks - but it's here too in the small city where we work in too crossfire. Overall it's really pretty depressing if you let it be.....

All the best to you in the upcoming week and do try to stay safe down there on the southern border sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wonderful idea. I hope some of my tax dollars can support such a well thought out program.

<sarcasm font off>

I'm going to go somewhere safe and scream now.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They should consolidate the sites through the Social Services folks so that junkies could get their fixes and their welfare checks all at once and save a lot of administrative and social worker and medical professionals time. Sort of a "one stop shopping" approach to the concept of "Consolidation Of Services". But it probably won't happen because it might even save some taxpayer funds.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have more respect for a down and out drug addict trying to get clean than an overweight, white, liberal woman who is ungrateful for the opportunities given to her.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I literally could not BELIEVE what that downtown area of Vancouver, and parts of the Lower Mainland turned into over the span of a 23 1/2 year sojourn residing N. of The Medicine Line, Dwayne.

Sure it was gritty as all get out in the very early 1970s, but still relatively safe. If one did choose to execute a midnight stagger out of a mariner's tavern, and take a nap in an alley adjacent he'd likely awaken unmolested.
Fast forward to "Van Kong" 1992,...and moving around in broad daylight, you were wishing for squad strength, and small arms......some weird toxic brew of equal parts Orwell's 1984, and "A Clockwork Orange", seasoned with a dash of Apocalypse Now, topped with a Lord of the Flies garnish.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/22/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seattle has gone full retard.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.