Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This is the biggest hog -that I believe is true free range .

I've seen one hog over 300lbs. killed on our lease , myself -never killed a 200lb'r --yet .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Ive seen wild sows get to 400-500 lbs in east and west Texas. Some were flat scary in size, but they were black and white or tan and black and had not yet reverted to their old genetic characteristics.

There are humans around i could say the same about.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
What a JOKE. That's a floppy-eared, pen-raised, corn-fed domestic hog...

Truly wild hogs here in TX do not get to 807 pounds...ever.

I've killed well over 400 hogs, and those that approach or reach the 300 pound mark are extremely rare and probably represent no more than 1 percent of the population. A good, fully-mature boar around here will go 180-220.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A guy I knew a few years back killed a hog about 30 miles from where I live that looked like the ones in your pictures.He had the head mounted. It was huge with huge tusks. I have no way to verify it but he said it was weighed at 500 lbs. We don't have near the numbers like you guys do though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I've seen one hog over 300lbs. killed on our lease , myself -never killed a 200lb'r --yet .

Known Glenn Guess for many years. Big hog for sure.

Glenn had a wild hog he caught as a piglet and raised in a pen. That hog got huge! Scary big. People used to make the trip just to see that boar in his pen. (That wasn't it in the video, BTW)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I've killed a couple hundred, one or two went 210lbs. 180 boars more the norm.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
What a JOKE. That's a floppy-eared, pen-raised, corn-fed domestic hog...

Truly wild hogs here in TX do not get to 807 pounds...ever.

I've killed well over 400 hogs, and those that approach or reach the 300 pound mark are extremely rare and probably represent no more than 1 percent of the population. A good, fully-mature boar around here will go 180-220.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Same here. We have lots of feral hogs (from time to time...they are very nomadic). We have a contest for the biggest hog every year, and the winner is typically around 230lbs. The largest ever was 340. We use scales. If we didn't, they would be a lot heavier. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You said mine was 500 Lbs and special like me

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was...no scales.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone got a weight estimate on this one?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Came across it in a place where no-one shoots 'em. Most hogs take off like scalded cats, this one wouldn't, just stood there all PO'd for a while before moving on.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
267 1/2 lbs

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The boy in that first video is NOT a Texan, and much more used car salesman than hunter! If he thought he was in thick brush, he'd run away in fear on my coastal property! Lot's of BS floating around about hogs.

As to golf carts, they can be very effective. Mine will go anywhere my 4WD Mule will - and a lot quieter.

Going out to fill up my pig pipes and roll barrels this morning, especially after watching this stuff! Don't want dem hogs to be running wild though the woods, eating all the deer - AND EACH OTHER!

Mike

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Known Glenn Guess for many years. Big hog for sure.

Glenn had a wild hog he caught as a piglet and raised in a pen. That hog got huge! Scary big. People used to make the trip just to see that boar in his pen. (That wasn't it in the video, BTW)

I pen raised a boar I caught in a trap about 20 years ago. When oldest son was in college He was trapping and selling hogs for spending money. I asked him to take the boar to sale. HE got big with no fear of people. I was afraid he'd get out and eat some kid! He weighed 307.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 01/23/17.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've killed a few hogs in my day and the biggest was estimated to be 225. 3 of us estimated the weight and 225 was the lowest, so that's the one I use.

Shot the hog while crawling on my hands and knees thru a thicket. 12 ga 3" 00 buckshot at about 20-25 yds.

I don't believe I've ever seen a 300 lb wild hog. Not saying they aren't out there, I just haven't seen one.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If someone has a permanent "hog hunting operation", then it's a pretty safe bet that they go down to the local sale barn and buy whatever swines they run through the ring on sale day.

Lots of youngsters make their beer money by trapping wild hogs and selling them to these places.

Like as not, there will be just run of the mill domestic hogs in the mix there too. And about as "wild" as a show pig in a livestock show. whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've only killed one feral pig. It was near Show Low AZ of all places. Taken with a muzzle loader. Did not weigh it, but doubt that it was more than 75-80 lbs.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Same here. We have lots of feral hogs (from time to time...they are very nomadic). We have a contest for the biggest hog every year, and the winner is typically around 230lbs. The largest ever was 340. We use scales. If we didn't, they would be a lot heavier. smile

Scales are like Chronographs, they ruin everything! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Killed lots of hogs and I doubt any of em were 200 lbs. Close but not quite.

Once again I say,

20 pounders are delicious!!

laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Biggest boar I've killed was a measured 300 pounds, 200 yds early morning in a fog. It was so foggy, I could barely see the hog outline, too foggy for range finder to work, figured out range after fog lifted.

140 gr. SST behind the ear from 6.5-284. Dragged hog behind 4 wheeler to skinning shed for weighing. Then to the bone pile.

We put out a trail camera only to find out hogs were eating hogs during the night. Nasty critters...

Of course, this hog was free range, got fat eating Louisiana bean crops and hardwood river bottom acorns.

DF

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Hog hits a hog. wink

I don't believe this video was shot in Texas. Those girls need to learn how to shoot a bow before they go hunting anything else.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They get big down in the swamp areas, not so much in west Texas. When it's dry, I don't know what they eat.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,398
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.