Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
enter der Hindus and their Pantheism.

basically they claim there was no big-bang. things have always been, and always will be. that differs from the various strains of western theology of course.

in other words, no beginning and no end. sounds kinda like "God" to me? no?

but who are those pantheistic hindus, and why is there such animosity between them and the monotheistic muslims?

and if the earth collided with another planet, would the overall cosmos skip a beat and then keep on ticking?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
Pie times the radius squared

I was thinking most of this could be summed up as X=2 π r; where X > 0.

Originally Posted by Gus
it amazes me that we can even be here, having this conversation. but, here we are nevertheless.

...but are we?

This is the same solopism that haunted René.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

I was thinking most of this could be summed up as X=2 π r; where X > 0.

Originally Posted by Gus
it amazes me that we can even be here, having this conversation. but, here we are nevertheless.

...but are we?

This is the same solopism that haunted René.

True, but it all boils down to whether one believes in the existence and power of the/an unknown, or not.

For myself, I've yet to be convinced of everything.

wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
There are physical scientists with significantly more education than yours who accept a young earth as strongly as you accept an old earth. We all have the same information. It our wold view that tells us how to interpret it. You start with the idea the majority is correct. So did Dr. Kindell. And yet he studied ten different fields during his education. He now lectures on science without using the Bible.

He looks at a single rock with four different ages that vary by a billion years and says, "The dating system is flawed." You look at the same information and say, "This proves the Bible is wrong."

In your case...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
I've yet to be convinced of everything.

And, rightly so.

If I were going to write an algorithm for schizophrenia, I'd take 10 of Ringman's posts, formally outline and notate his arguments—then run those on a random loop substituting his claims for one another ad nauseam.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

basically they claim there was no big-bang. things have always been, and always will be. that differs from the various strains of western theology of course.

but who are those pantheistic hindus, and why is there such animosity between them and the monotheistic muslims?

and if the earth collided with another planet, would the overall cosmos skip a beat and then keep on ticking?

Roger Penrose, Stephen Hawking's teacher, and Paul Steinhardt, the Einstein chair at Princeton, both independently reject the big bang in part and go for a more cyclic model.

As Penrose points out CBR, cosmic background radiation, is 0.1% uninorm in all directions and looks like 3 degrees K radiation. That is as high entropy as it gets. The big bang would have had to be perfectly low entropy. Thus the theory in trouble with not only gravity, but the second law of thermodynamics. Yet two Nobel prizes have been handed out for the big bang.

For anyone who can think, this is troubling.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There are physical scientists with significantly more education than yours who accept a young earth as strongly as you accept an old earth.

We all have the same information. It our wold view that tells us how to interpret it. You start with the idea the majority is correct. So did Dr. Kindell. And yet he studied ten different fields during his education. He now lectures on science without using the Bible.

He looks at a single rock with four different ages that vary by a billion years and says, "The dating system is flawed." You look at the same information and say, "This proves the Bible is wrong."

No, there really aren't.
That's just more of the mindless BS you spout with still no proof, hoping someone will fall for it.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper

There are physical scientists with significantly more education than yours who accept a young earth as strongly as you accept an old earth.

We all have the same information. It our wold view that tells us how to interpret it. You start with the idea the majority is correct. So did Dr. Kindell. And yet he studied ten different fields during his education. He now lectures on science without using the Bible.

No, there really aren't.
That's just more of the mindless BS you spout with still no proof, hoping someone will fall for it.

Pot, meet kettle.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By 4ager
I've yet to be convinced of everything.

That's because you falsely believe you already know it all.

The same way you believe I read your silly narcissistic ramblings.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by Gus

Roger Penrose, Stephen Hawking's teacher, and Paul Steinhardt, the Einstein chair at Princeton, both independently reject the big bang in part and go for a more cyclic model.

As Penrose points out CBR, cosmic background radiation, is 0.1% uninorm in all directions and looks like 3 degrees K radiation. That is as high entropy as it gets. The big bang would have had to be perfectly low entropy. Thus the theory in trouble with not only gravity, but the second law of thermodynamics. Yet two Nobel prizes have been handed out for the big bang.

well, yes indeed. troubling it is sums it up very well. but, we're dealing in theory, and hypothesis of one kind or another. not totaly the truth, not yet anyways. the truth might not be so pleasant? i don't know.

but, what if there was no beginning, and there was no end? how could that be? well, our binary brains couldn't conceive of such a thing/reality, so it doesn't exist, right?

we western europeans with our thought process don't hardly allow no outside ideas to enter in. it keeps us safe, or at least did. but, what if the Story Line is bigger/larger than what we've come to believe/accept? humans on the earth, what a concept. lol.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus

I don't know why it would be "troubling", it just means there's additional opportunities for research.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/24/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Why?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are handing out Nobel prizes for big bang....not good.

1) CBR disproves big bang. It could not be stronger evidence against it.

2) How did big bang overcome gravity? And don't say space temporarily inflated. That is the dog ate my homework.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Interesting video.

I suggest watching it and replacing "Moon Hoax" with (choose a religion) and see the parallels.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

2) How did big bang overcome gravity? And don't say space temporarily inflated. That is the dog ate my homework.

I was told there was no space prior to the Big Bang. I asked a teacher how the Big Bang overcame gravity. "It wasn't invented yet," she informed me. whistle

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
God is Dog spelled backward.

I already knew there was a finer being than man..

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I was told there was no space prior to the Big Bang. I asked a teacher how the Big Bang overcame gravity. "It wasn't invented yet," she informed me. whistle

Because the Higgs Field didn't exist yet. Perhaps her words were in-artful, but they are not inconsistent with current models of the very early Universe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not really, not so much as dark energy/dark matter that we had to invent to make the equations come out right. We're missing something bigly. grin

On the other hand there are particles (we postulate) so small and exist for so short a time that seem to hold atomic nuclei together that they cannot be individually detected by observation under our present understanding of physical laws (uncertainty principle). On the other hand the Hubble ultra deep space photo (Wiki) reveals seemingly countless galaxies all with atoms composed of those tiny particles. A magnificent system to have come about on its own.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Nobel was not awarded because Big Bang was proven, but that the theory was strongly supported.

"They have not proven the big-bang theory but they give it very strong support," said Per Carlson, chairman of the Nobel committee for physics.

The 2006 Nobel in Physics was awarded on work that advanced Physics in significant ways.

The overarching intent of the Nobel is to encourage further work, which may or may not support the original hypothesis.

How is that "troubling"?

I suppose it could be 'troubling' to some ideologues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody matters to God...whether God matters to them or not.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.