Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by huntsonora
So I contacted Remington a week ago and finally got an email on Monday. I responded with all the information they requested and didn't hear anything Monday or Tuesday so I called today and after two transfers and a long hold I was told to send it in and they'd look at it. I asked how long the repair might take and they said "6 weeks".

The guy told he he'd send the info to send it which I promptly received but there was no shipping label. In order to get Remington to fix a **cked up brand new rifle they want to to ship it on my dime. F em. I'll have it fixed myself

If you would have asked for a return label, they would have given you one.

I sent an email requesting one last week with no response

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No emails...do it over the phone.

Remington sent me a brand new Sendero stock after describing a issue I had with mine. Once they found out the rifle was less than 2 years old, there was no more discussion. They sent the stock...and did not ask for the old one back.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just an update for those that are interested.

Sent it back to Remington a few weeks back. The complaint form clearly states that there is a cracked recoil lug in the notes but I guess they don't have a tab for "cracked recoil lug" on their repair menu so they put "broken bolt" as the complaint with "cracked recoil lug" in the notes directly below it.

Turn around time was great but when I opened the box I saw stunned to see that the technician stated that he "couldn't duplicate the customers concerns" and they sent the rifle back to me with the cracked recoil lug. What's amazing is that the crack is above the line of the stock. It's clearly cracked yet Remington's response was that it's a non issue.

I sent an email and will follow up with a phone call first thing tomorrow. I am beyond pissed

Last edited by huntsonora; 08/20/17.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That's more than disappointing. That's not even trying...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wow.. this really has me second guessing the 700 AWR I was planning to buy next month.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Horseman
That's more than disappointing. That's not even trying...

Had a Burris scope with the reticle off by 45 degrees... two returns and the reticle was still off by 45 degrees! Sent it back a third time and told them to stick it in a particular nether region... got a new scope...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Powdered metal recoil lug ? they do own a facility

Bolts are not nearly fancy enough material-specification-wise to use sintered steel.

WTF are you talking about, is powdered metal not used in the MIM process? Who is talking about a bolt?

Should be obvious... a frigging bolt is not complicated enough to go to sintered steel, so a recoil lug being sintered steel is laughable.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You should post pictures of the broken recoil lug and the letter from Remington so that it can be forwarded all over the internet. Screw Remington.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That sucks!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sent it back to Remington a few weeks back. The complaint form clearly states that there is a cracked recoil lug in the notes but I guess they don't have a tab for "cracked recoil lug" on their repair menu so they put "broken bolt" as the complaint with "cracked recoil lug" in the notes directly below it.

Turn around time was great but when I opened the box I saw stunned to see that the technician stated that he "couldn't duplicate the customers concerns" and they sent the rifle back to me with the cracked recoil lug. What's amazing is that the crack is above the line of the stock. It's clearly cracked yet Remington's response was that it's a non issue.

I sent an email and will follow up with a phone call first thing tomorrow. I am beyond pissed

WOW! What a bummer.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That would have me fuming.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yessir, I'm fuming. It even says "ensured function and safety. Gallery tested" in the notes.

Another thing that I'm pissed about is that I sent it in the original box per their request and I always tape my receipt to the inside of the box lid. They shipped it back to me without the receipt and not in the original box. It's a generic little box with a sleeve around it for shipping purposes so I now have no original box and no proof of purchase

I look forward to talking with the folks at Remington today....

Last edited by huntsonora; 08/21/17.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Man, that really sucks.
We see a lot of Remington lug and barrel issues. Cracked lugs is not uncommon and lugs off by several degrees is becoming rather normal. The barrel centerline off by several degrees or just plain bent is more common than not also.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Fill out the complaint form in braille. It is obvious that Remington's staff use white canes to get to work in the morning.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I guess standard procedure for a new remington these days is

Bush firing pin hole
Tig Weld Bolt Handle
remove barrel, clean up action face and then install a new aftermarket lug
Install new Trigger and magazine follower

DId I miss anything ? grin

I just bought a new 700 CDL 30-06 that after rebate will have cost me 460 dollars. I have changed the follower and will call it good, hopefully the lug doesn't crack or bolt handle fall off.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Alex38
Wow.. this really has me second guessing the 700 AWR I was planning to buy next month.

Will be going over my 700 AWR with a fine tooth comb later today. Picked up from ffl last monday and put it in the safe, .

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just hung up with Remington. The person I talked to was cool and admitted he'd be pissed too and is going to his bosses to see what they can get done. I knows I'm not thrilled with Remington and he had me send pics to his email address. He opened the email and said "God almighty that's obvious" so at least he admitted they screwed up. Waiting on a call back now and will update this thread when I get more Information. I asked him to overnight a new rifle to my FFL and I'll send this one back.

He asked if I had the original receipt and I said "I used to, it was taped to the inside of the lid of the original box I sent y'all as requested and y'all didn't send me the box or the receipt back".

We'll see what happens.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sure am hoping they do the right thing, good luck.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Drum. I HAVE BEEN a Remington user & believer since the 1970s. I've read many of the woes of some R owner/users BUT...

YOUR experiences 'here' with 'this' rifle have made MORE impact on me than ALL others combined. The Rem rifles I have now, have NOT given me one problem. I will keep and continue to use them BUT....unless things change for the 'better' I have serious doubts about ever buying another NEW Rem product.

I certainly hope that Rem does RIGHT by you and gets their act together SOON.
I will be following your 'progress' (?) on this project.

GOOD LUCK

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drumm,

Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like you talked to the right person and hopefully it'll get resolved.
Someone is in for an @sschewin' at Remington. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 70 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.