Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by savageak
The IDF has been putting their women in combat since they ran the rag heads out and took back Iseral without the problems you all fear and are fierce warriors ,so do you all think American female marines are inferior to them.

Actually, the Isreali's only have two light infantry battalions with woman and they only serve on the border with Egypt and Jordan, the only two countries with solid peace treaties with Israel. They certainly do not allow woman to serve in any capacity as they learned their lessons when they did because that was all they had and a lot died.

They are also a VERY different military than the US when it comes to expeditionary operations. A whole lot more time in garrison.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
New marine motto: "Semper Pie" - you can even get it in the field.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am told that here in San Antonio, when Lackland AFB put male and female trainees in the same dorms/barracks although on separate floors they had to put cameras in the stairwells because of all the nighttime hookups.

Ya put a bunch of late teen/early twenty-something people in the same place, OF COURSE sex is gonna happen.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to Okinawa on a Troop Ship in 1960 it carried Dependents of the Army and Air Force guys stationed there.

They, the women and children were restricted to the upper decks ,
aka Officer Country, and Marines were placed on all the ladders to keep separation.

Most of the Guards wound up in the brig because the young girls found out they could send them there simply by getting one of them to join a conversation, since it was forbidden.

Three days on "cake and wine" was the punishment.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Women have been on ships for some time. I remember when I was in Guam on the AFDM-8 floating dry dock we got a female machinist mate. We had to build a special set of quarters just for her. We built two in that area, one for her and one for the duty Chief. The idea was with him so close there wouldn't be a problem.

This woman was never allowed to stand a mid-watch and never ran the the whole thing like the rest of us did. She was the only Non-petty officer who would stand bridge watch.

Of course she didn't stand midwatch. That was because at least 3 of the Chiefs were humping her. The rest of us were told we were not to go into that little berthing area during our watch. Can't interrupt the chief knocking off a piece.

Of course during fire drills she never held a hose, always stood by the chief with a clip board.

She was kind of ugly, homely really, but she had a tang and that was all that counted.

This was 1979.

Last edited by Armednfree; 01/27/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Not mine!

He looks a lot like you, though!

grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Girls will be girls and get what they want.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
They wanna play lumberjack they better be able to handle their end of the log.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Worked well in my unit in Iraq in 2004. We were a guntruck
unit all over Iraq. We were running 3 to 5 convoys every
day. M2,s and Mk19,s were our friends. We had 17 M2,s and
7 Mk19,s. Most of the Ladies drove the 5 Ton trucks and
the Guys were on the guns. However several Ladies carried
M249,s as personnel weapons. Where they crashed at night was their business. Most of the time it was in the bed of the truck on a cot.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by savageak
The IDF has been putting their women in combat since they ran the rag heads out and took back Iseral without the problems you all fear and are fierce warriors ,so do you all think American female marines are inferior to them.

Not without problems!

Israeli women in combat increased the rate of casualties on both sides of the conflicts they were involved in....to unacceptable levels.

It was recognized as early as the late '60's, and commonly written about, that civilized nations do not place females into combat positions.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a buddy in the army and he told me what happened when they would go out into the field on maneuvers and field training when he was in the infantry. He said whatever females were there no matter how ugly or stinky would just get so much attention and all of them ended up getting pummeled by soldiers once night fell. Anyone with a brain would know this is a bad idea. but liberals are more about making a social statement with the military than an actual effective force. It might be a way for very unattractive girls to gain alot of self esteem.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
as a cold war AF vet, i saw a hell of a lot of females that caused undo tension in the ranks. from screwing and dumping guys in the same unit, causing men who should be otherwise focused to be at odds with each other. one little hotty was transferred from shop to shop until she ended up in my shop. she flirted with everyone and had the nco's eating out of her hand. anecdotal yes, but i could see it being a real issue in a close knit unit like the infantry. diversity doesn't trump biology.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One of the Navy Seals that makes the talk show circuit thinks women in combat is not an unacceptable idea, but they should be in all women units.

NRA Life Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (21, 257Bob, 160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 53 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,313
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.