Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
my take on printing: I don't worry about it. the vast majority of people are too engraved in their phones to see a ufo on the sidewalk let alone tuned in enough to notice little tell tale signs of a gun printing, even if they did see a "bulge" I doubt the associate it with a gun on average

And who gives a flying [bleep] if they DO see that you're carrying, right? As long as you're legsl, it shouldn't matter.

That statement right there shows that you don't know nearly as.much as you'd like us to think you do. as pointed out there are various laws addressing "printing" that may or may not wind you up needing the assistance of an anttorney.

I couldn't care less what folks think I know. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, just sharing my experiences. But, being you're such a badass, why don't you go ahead and school us all on what you think we should carry. Then, when you're done spouting off about it all, go have yourself a circle-jerk with the rest of your buds.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
In light of current events, mobs, anarchist violence in the streets due to the recent change in political power, I wonder if anyone has recently had a change of outlook about this topic?

Yes, March '09, started carrying more mags and higher cap pistols, also started carrying a couple 30 round p-mags in my pickup.

I really gotta meet you Gunner. From all reports you don't need a gun to eliminate a man.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my take on printing: I don't worry about it. the vast majority of people are too engraved in their phones to see a ufo on the sidewalk let alone tuned in enough to notice little tell tale signs of a gun printing, even if they did see a "bulge" I doubt the associate it with a gun on average

And who gives a flying [bleep] if they DO see that you're carrying, right? As long as you're legsl, it shouldn't matter.

That statement right there shows that you don't know nearly as.much as you'd like us to think you do. as pointed out there are various laws addressing "printing" that may or may not wind you up needing the assistance of an anttorney.

I couldn't care less what folks think I know. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, just sharing my experiences. But, being you're such a badass, why don't you go ahead and school us all on what you think we should carry. Then, when you're done spouting off about it all, go have yourself a circle-jerk with the rest of your buds.

people can carry what they want. but to say that a snub revolver is the best ccw and then back it up with references to books written in the 50s 60s and 70s is reduculous.

I carry a Sig. usually a P226, but often a P220

I carry 2 spare magazines. not because I expect to need tgat many rounds but because I know Mr Murphy of Murphys law hangs around and enjoys phfuckking with people.

I also worked an area where my back up likely would gave been a 20 to 30 minutes away. I also think there are two times when you can have too much ammunition. when you are on fire, and when you are drowning

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1313
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Perhaps the G19 is not a bad choice for a church going gun.

Just food for thought.

As always, a sound analysis. G19 as the church gun from now on.

Is there something particularly spiritual about the G19?

If you're carrying a 9mm, say your prayers?

wink

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by gunner500
In light of current events, mobs, anarchist violence in the streets due to the recent change in political power, I wonder if anyone has recently had a change of outlook about this topic?

Yes, March '09, started carrying more mags and higher cap pistols, also started carrying a couple 30 round p-mags in my pickup.

I really gotta meet you Gunner. From all reports you don't need a gun to eliminate a man.

LOL, yes, like the hillbillies that take their wives duck hunting, I can ugly them to death. smile

You're ever through this way, bounce a rock off my doghouse, we'll have a drink and run a blade through a good cut of meat.

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No doubt you know more about this than I ever will. I always thought one shot would send them running like cockroaches. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
personally I like the feel of a j frame in my pocket however at one point in my life I had a job in a big city with a gang problem. When you see groups of people in 3's or larger walking around a gun that only has 5 shots tends to appear quite small after a while. A semi auto that is low capacity bothers me less than a low capacity auto. At least with the semi auto you can reload before the gun is completely empty without having to render the firearm useless by doing so.

Yesterday I had my hands on a kahr pm9 however I thought that my current j frame came out of my pocket a bit easier than the kahr.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1313
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Perhaps the G19 is not a bad choice for a church going gun.

Just food for thought.

As always, a sound analysis. G19 as the church gun from now on.

Is there something particularly spiritual about the G19?

Nope,

But there is something particularly practical.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
One of my closest friends is a Federal Special Agent (NCIS) who travels all over the world with his job quite frequently. He's currently living in the D.C. area and working at Quantico with training their SERT teams. What does he carry on a daily basis? A Glock 27...no spare mag...in an ankle holster. Every day, all day - nothing more, nothing less. When he told me that, I was actually surprised that he didn't carry more firepower. I mean, here's a guy that does bad-ass schit for a living, carries one hell of a set of credentials (Federal Agent badge), and can carry pretty much anything he wants - and he chooses a relatively small capacity Glock in .40S&W (he did say that they were required to carry that caliber, except for their special weapons and special situations.

Perhaps that should make all of us ponder what is truly reasonable to carry.

I am going to have to agree with Gitem on this one.

That is not to say that your friend is not a good dude.

Federal credentials however don't equate in the least bit to ability. I have carried local, state and federal, and have seen switched on people, and totally incompetent folks in every realm.

The fact is that there are far more admin types on the fed side than anywhere.

Take the FBI for example. The very vast majority of FBI agents do not physically put handcuffs on people in one year's time, that a patrolman, in a typical metro division does in 2 weeks.

The same holds true for having people at gunpoint. If you were to ask your typical night shift guy from San Antonio, San Jose, Las Vegas, etc, how many times they point guns at suspects in a week, you might be quite surprised.

I can guarantee you it is more than a typical FBI guy does in a year. If a guy works a busy district, and is a hard charger, who hops the hot calls, odds are that he is drawing his gun nightly for burgs in progress, robberies, shootings, etc, etc.

They simply have different job descriptions. Both are good at what they do, but they do very different things.

By the same token, the typical patrolman has no idea about 404 B, what the U.S.S.S. electronic crimes tasks force does, how surreptitious wiretaps work, or about 9-110.000 (Organized Crime And Racketeering). He really doesn't need to for the most part, as it is not his job description.

As an example, when writing up raid plans for warrant services, that often involve numerous agencies (including feds) I would receive requests from some of those folks to be part of entry teams. This is due to the fact that they rarely get to do such things unless they are on a regional tac team, in which case they have plenty of training and experience.

I politely accommodated them, but due to previous fiascoes, would assign them roles that put others at less risk. Almost everyone with a minimal amount of experience wants to hit a door with a ram. That is fine, and on non primary targets, I would assign those individuals the ram. What they did not realize was that what I was really doing was making sure they did not have a weapon in their hand, at least initially. Seeing previous poor muzzle and trigger finger discipline, I figured this was reducing some risk.

If I could not assign them mechanical breaching tools, I would assign them perimeter assignments, where they were least likely to have to deal with actively combatant subjects.

The manner in which your friend carries his weapon, and the fact that he feels no need to even carry a spare magazine in his day to day activities is a clear indicator of where he is, int he previously described roles.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TWR

Serious question, are you really able to conceal a Glock 19 with nothing more than a shirt or do you just not care if you print? Reason I ask is we had a guy come to church carrying a large pistol under his jacket but it was pretty obvious. I sat behind him waiting to see what he was going to do all service and he of course never knew we knew.

So how well are you concealing your Glock 19 sized pistol and how? (Just wearing a shirt no jacket.)
I carry a 17. The only time it becomes a suspicious print through my polo shirt is when I lean forward to pick something up off the ground. Standing anything like straight up, there's no suspicious printing to speak of.

I carry it IWB at 4:00 with an El Paso Saddlery C-Force IWB holster. It's covered only with an untucked polo shirt.

I guarantee you every cop, gun guy and most bad guys know you are carrying by just standing behind you. Try and carry somewhere you're not supposed to and see.

Here in okie land we can open carry but I don't agree with the concept though I do like the latitude it gives me. I carry IWB in a PJ kydex holster at 2:00-3:00, 4:00 let's the grip stick out every step. Not caring is one thing but not knowing is another.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
On the flip side, I've had my hard-on take me places most guys wouldn't go with a machine gun.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TWR

Serious question, are you really able to conceal a Glock 19 with nothing more than a shirt or do you just not care if you print? Reason I ask is we had a guy come to church carrying a large pistol under his jacket but it was pretty obvious. I sat behind him waiting to see what he was going to do all service and he of course never knew we knew.

So how well are you concealing your Glock 19 sized pistol and how? (Just wearing a shirt no jacket.)
I carry a 17. The only time it becomes a suspicious print through my polo shirt is when I lean forward to pick something up off the ground. Standing anything like straight up, there's no suspicious printing to speak of.

I carry it IWB at 4:00 with an El Paso Saddlery C-Force IWB holster. It's covered only with an untucked polo shirt.

I guarantee you every cop, gun guy and most bad guys know you are carrying by just standing behind you. Try and carry somewhere you're not supposed to and see.

Here in okie land we can open carry but I don't agree with the concept though I do like the latitude it gives me. I carry IWB in a PJ kydex holster at 2:00-3:00, 4:00 let's the grip stick out every step. Not caring is one thing but not knowing is another.

Savvy folks might well guess I'm carrying based on subtle printing. Most do not, though. When I really really don't want to be made, I carry the Glock 43. It virtually disappears under a polo shirt.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Everybody who carries concealed needs to take up wearin' overalls.

You can pack a gun 14 different ways in a pair of overalls.

In fact,..if we could get it established, people would soon learn not to fug with anybody wearin' overalls.

Struttin' around in a pair of Liberty overalls would soon come to mean, "I'm packin' 4 guns and 2 Buck pocket knives. Leave me alone".

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got pants and jackets with more pockets than I got fingers.
I'm likely to freeze to death before I can find my car keys.
How am I ever going to find my gun when I need it?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by TWR

Serious question, are you really able to conceal a Glock 19 with nothing more than a shirt or do you just not care if you print?

I am 5'9" 180lbs with relatively low body fat and carry a G19 every day, often in non-permissive environments and I do not wear loose or baggy fitting clothing. Appendix carry helps greatly, but I carried at 4-5 o'clock on the hip with an IWB and government 1911 as well for a decade before appendix.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
In fact,..if we could get it established, people would soon learn not to fug with anybody wearin' overalls.

Nobody fugs with anyone wearing coverall now - they don't have any money.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Everybody who carries concealed needs to take up wearin' overalls.

You can pack a gun 14 different ways in a pair of overalls.

Struttin' around in a pair of Liberty overalls would soon come to mean, "I'm packin' 4 guns and 2 Buck pocket knives. Leave me alone".
Thats some truth. At one point I couldn't find my M&P 9mm...looked everywhere, couldn't find it. Suited up to nail hay the next day...FOUND IT!!

Too funny

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by TWR

Serious question, are you really able to conceal a Glock 19 with nothing more than a shirt or do you just not care if you print?

I am 5'9" 180lbs with relatively low body fat and carry a G19 every day, often in non-permissive environments and I do not wear loose or baggy fitting clothing. Appendix carry helps greatly, but I carried at 4-5 o'clock on the hip with an IWB and government 1911 as well for a decade before appendix.
Its all the holster. Of course the guys who have never spent more than $75 on a holster don't get it at all. With the right holster you can wear a LOT of gun and do so with good concealment and all day comfort.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

just getting ready to drive my wife to work. I'll leave my truck there, and walk the 6 blocks back to the condo. It's free covered parking. Two weeks this time. Just use her car when I am down South. I have a S&W 442 with two reloads in my my front pockets as we speak. I have complete confidence in the J frame Smith.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 01/29/17.

Sam......

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Geek, I'll admit when I carried my STI Ranger in a MS Versa max II, it worked pretty good but it did not make it disappear to a trained eye.

But point taken on good holsters and belts.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 10 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 648 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,514
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.