Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cooper57m

As a public official on official business, if it became known that I had seen it and knew it was illegal and didn't do anything about it, it could have had consequences. Besides, this was not a good guy, hence, him being rubbed out.

Busy body.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
"For the last time CARRYING A CONCEALED WEAPON IS ILLEGAL IN NEW MEXICO!"

Except if one has a CC permit (I really don't care how it is worded, if he had a CC permit there would be no crime and the LEO did not know that he did not have a CC when he seized the firearm).

As for brandishing, it is usually more than just showing an interested person your firearm. If that was the case I've committed brandishing thousands of times. While laws may very from State to State and I could not find NM's definition of brandishing, I did find this:

"{Very generally, however, for an operating definition “brandishing” means to display, show, wave, or exhibit the firearm in a manner which another person might find threatening. You can see how widely and differently this can be subjectively interpreted by different “reasonable” individuals and entities}".

Usually brandishing implies or requires it to be displayed in some level of a threatening manner.

so in your mind it's perfectly normal for two guys to be holding guns in a convince store?

These days I have no fuggin' idea what is considered normal anymore. I had a classmate who was given permission to bring a 1851 .36 cal. revolver to high school to show our history class studying the civil war what type of firearms were used. No one raised an eye then, now, he and the teacher would be arrested. Where I live, in rural NY, a couple store clerks showing each other their CC pistols wouldn't raise my eyebrows at all, so long as they were not pointing it at me. I can't speak for other people though, but in my mind, yup, perfectly normal. Last year I saw 3 teen-aged boys walking down the streets through the next town over with uncased rifles. I thought, "They're going hunting."

You keep tripping over that "totality of circumstances" bit that you still cannot grasp, and still have not caught on to the fact you're "this close" to getting it (but never will).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
I'm not sure its a big deal. Like we keep saying here, when in contact with LEO just comply with them..if they feel better with you disarmed so be it, it will only be temporary.

Yes, yes and yes. Thank you for speaking up! I won't read the thread beyond Ingwe's post. It should have ended there.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 02/01/17.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Uh, Dude, I have a 10/22 rifle and know the difference between a Charger and a cut-down rifle. Dude! Most people don't wrap duct tape around the pistol grip area of a Charger. Besides, the Charger was introduced in 2008 and the incident happened in the mid-90s. Dude.
I believed you. I just wanted to show the Charger since it was mentioned. Why'd you call the cops on the guy for having a gun that violated an unconstitutional law, though?

As a public official on official business, if it became known that I had seen it and knew it was illegal and didn't do anything about it, it could have had consequences. Besides, this was not a good guy, hence, him being rubbed out.

So, you either abused an unconstitutional law (in your mind) by reporting it, or you broke a state law by allowing it to continue. Hmmm...

Your STILL don't get what TRH trapped you with, and you won't.

And, if it wasn't your job to investigate crimes, and/or apprehend criminals, then it is still irrelevant.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Except if one has a CC permit (I really don't care how it is worded, if he had a CC permit there would be no crime and the LEO did not know that he did not have a CC when he seized the firearm).

As for brandishing, it is usually more than just showing an interested person your firearm. If that was the case I've committed brandishing thousands of times. While laws may very from State to State and I could not find NM's definition of brandishing, I did find this:

"{Very generally, however, for an operating definition “brandishing” means to display, show, wave, or exhibit the firearm in a manner which another person might find threatening. You can see how widely and differently this can be subjectively interpreted by different “reasonable” individuals and entities}".

Usually brandishing implies or requires it to be displayed in some level of a threatening manner.

Do you understand that under NM LAW having a concealed weapons permit is merely an affirmative defense to the crime, the same as carrying in one's owned property or vehicle, thus the mere observation of the concealed gun was REASONABLE SUSPICION OF A CRIME. upon asserts in ingredients that the defendant did not have a permit, nor was it his property, it became PROBABLE CAUSE for an arrest...is it sinking in yet?

Boy that is one fugged up law. You're ok with that?? You defend that?? When is something not against the law, when it's against the law but we have this affirmative defense thingy. CCs are illegal, 'cept they are not really, but they are. And you guys think I'm against the 2nd Amendment. Ha! Anyone who lives and stays in NM should not look down their nose at NY. Compared to NM, in many ways, NY's CC law is better, certainly a lot less complicated.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Do you understand that under NM LAW having a concealed weapons permit is merely an affirmative defense to the crime, the same as carrying in one's owned property or vehicle, thus the mere observation of the concealed gun was REASONABLE SUSPICION OF A CRIME. upon asserts in ingredients that the defendant did not have a permit, nor was it his property, it became PROBABLE CAUSE for an arrest...is it sinking in yet?

Boy that is one fugged up law. You're ok with that?? You defend that?? When is something not against the law, when it's against the law but we have this affirmative defense thingy. CCs are illegal, 'cept they are not really, but they are. And you guys think I'm against the 2nd Amendment. Ha! Anyone who lives and stays in NM should not look down their nose at NY. Compared to NM, in many ways, NY's CC law is better, certainly a lot less complicated.

Oh?

PLEASE regale us on how NYS concealed carry laws are NOT an affirmative defense against otherwise illegal concealed carry.

This, ought to be good.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Boy that is one fugged up law. You're ok with that?? You defend that?? When is something not against the law, when it's against the law but we have this affirmative defense thingy. CCs are illegal, 'cept they are not really, but they are. And you guys think I'm against the 2nd Amendment. Ha! Anyone who lives and stays in NM should not look down their nose at NY. Compared to NM, in many ways, NY's CC law is

better, certainly a lot less complicated.

I would suggest reading sect. 265, of the ny penal law completely

especially the part where it talks about exempted persons under section 400 (pistol permits) then tell.me again about how screwed up NM laws are

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Proof that y'all ain't even reading each other's posts....... 4ager evidently doesn't know that one of the NYC bouroughs is named JAMAICA and the NY guy never even picked up on it. He could have blacked Sean's ass with that.

Hell, I'm from Texas and I know about Jamaica N Y.😀

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gene, in this case it is referencing Jamaica the island

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Proof that y'all ain't even reading each other's posts....... 4ager evidently doesn't know that one of the NYC bouroughs is named JAMAICA and the NY guy never even picked up on it. He could have blacked Sean's ass with that.

There might be a Jamaica in Queens, but there ain't a Montego Bay there. wink

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20100209/BIZ/2090334

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570

One of the stops on the LIRR. LOL. That's the only way I know it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Maybe you missed that "forcibly disarmed" part in the story above?

That means any cop has the right to forcibly disarm any citizen before they even ask if you have a license. You good with that?

Words in a "news" report don't mean it really happened that way. Reality is you don't know what happened during that stop, and the person involved didn't have a permit to carry.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

403 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.