-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had 12 high-end spotters from 50 - 80mm IIRC, and still have straight and angled Leica, straight Zeiss and angled Kowa. The straight Leica and Zeiss are for the field, the angled Leica and Kowa the range.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
angled gives SO many more options, including with the right tripod, being able to lay flat on your back and rest and look up into the scope to glass/watch.

The angled one even has a "sight" for those that have trouble getting onto target normally.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Sounds like a person really might want both or at least should try both before deciding on which one

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some of these posts on this thread are a bit strange.

For hunting? I'll take a straight all day long...

Don't get the glassing lying on the back, glassing while taking a dump, or it's easier on my back reasons for angled spotters. You gotta move a bit regardless.

You are either hunting or you are not.

I switch back and forth nonstop from bins to spotter as needed and a straight is faster. Sometimes the few seconds faster is the difference between hiking 2 miles or not or possibly wishing you would have and never knowing...

Obvious, folks differ on this....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by GregW

Don't get the glassing lying on the back, glassing while taking a dump, or it's easier on my back reasons for angled spotters. You gotta move a bit regardless.

I switch back and forth nonstop from bins to spotter as needed and a straight is faster. Sometimes the few seconds faster is the difference between hiking 2 miles or not or possibly wishing you would have and never knowing...

What he said...

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by STS45

What he said...

What they said....

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

👍

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

👍👍👍

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I prefer angled, but I spend more time shooting from a bench and from prone that I do spotting game. I'd like to be able justify one of each, but after having both straight and angled spotters, I prefer angled if only having one.

My binoculars are straight ... wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 58 invisible), 16,979 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,317
Posts18,545,785
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.