Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by deflave
White trash would be when I was at dinner one evening and a husband (who wasn't dishing his own food) kept insisting to his wife that she pick out more of the lobster parts from the dish of maraconi and cheese and add it to his plate.

And she obliged.

Clark

You have a good wife.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
If rustoleum paint on a vehicle makes you 'white trash', them I'm guilty

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have not done the rattle can camo on a pickup yet, but I have got the golf cart rockin'! laugh

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I have wore the front brake pads down so much that it was metal on rotor, usually way back in some hell hole road hunting, locked the emergency brake release open and used the emergency pedal and back brakes only to slow and stop... hate to say I've done it more than once.

Broke a rear driveline, wired it up and got home on the front wheel part of 4 wheel drive.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Oldman03]If rustoleum paint on a vehicle makes you 'white trash', them I'm guilty

[Linked Image]

If you only add this, I'd hold yer beer:

[Linked Image]

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
I have wore the front brake pads down so much that it was metal on rotor, usually way back in some hell hole road hunting, locked the emergency brake release open and used the emergency pedal and back brakes only to slow and stop... hate to say I've done it more than once.

Broke a rear driveline, wired it up and got home on the front wheel part of 4 wheel drive.

Kent

That's not trash; that's talent.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In college I hand an old AMC Scout 4wd, all rusted out with holes in the floor. The driver's side door lock mounts had rusted and crumbled away, so there was no door lock or handles on that side.

When I drove it, to hold the door closed I would take a belt and run it through the inside arm rest and around my thigh eek

Didn't think anything of it at the time.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBS
You guys haven't seen anything until you been to India and Pakistan!

Is that where you ask them, "Where's the crapper?" and they say, you are standing on it ?

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Most of these posts are not about white trash. They are about rednecks and redneck improvisation.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by joken2
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by cra1948
You guys had cool dads. ...like my high school buddy whose dad painted his 49 Ford pickup blue....with 19 cans of spray paint.

I knew an old fellow here who painted his old truck using a paint brush. The funny thing was it came out looking pretty darn good. You had to get real close to it and look real hard to see a difference.

I've personally known several who had old vehicles that still ran, drove and stopped OK, but weren't worth the cost of professional paint job, so they brush painted with Rustoleum, including myself once.

From what I've seen in my years of walking this earth, 'white trash' occurs in all levels of education, economic and social status.

1992 Toyota truck had a blue camper top and I needed it white. Bank parking lot one Sunday morning and about 8 cans of rustolium and it was so. 😜 Sure miss "dude" that's what my then 3-year old named it!

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Best so far is the kid strapped on top of the car!!

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In college I hand an old AMC Scout 4wd, all rusted out with holes in the floor. The driver's side door lock mounts had rusted and crumbled away, so there was no door lock or handles on that side.

When I drove it, to hold the door closed I would take a belt and run it through the inside arm rest and around my thigh eek

Didn't think anything of it at the time.

Sounds more hispanic than white.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
During my high school years (mid-late 1970's) we lived in a middle/upper middle class neighborhood. A retired Lt Colonel that lived up the hill drove a 1950's Plymouth station wagon that he had painted PUKE green , with a brush. You can bet he didn't BUY the paint either.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Most of these posts are not about white trash. They are about rednecks and redneck improvisation.

Agreed.

Other things that scream white trash to me are people that don't remove snow and people that park their vehicles in front of other people's homes.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Redneck= problem solvers with that that is on hand.

White Trash= Usually the Problem.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4' rebel flag flying off the back of a methcycle (moped)

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBS
You guys haven't seen anything until you been to India and Pakistan!

or Afghanistan.

That turned out sharp! How many cans?

Seems like it was 12-15 cans.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Redneck= problem solvers with that that is on hand.

White Trash= Usually the Problem.....

No doubt!

I have white trash neighbors. Not rednecks.

Along that fenceline I have to go pick up a load of trash every week that blows onto my place, or is thrown there.

They live on 5 acres that borders me.

They killed 6 deer off that 5 acres this past season, that I know of. Including the good buck I have been watching for 3 years.

His deer blind is 30 yards from my fenceline, in direct line with his feeder which is about 10 yards from the fence... so, I know any shot he takes is in my direction. (About 100 yards from my front porch.) mad

[Linked Image]

I'm not much of a fan of high fences, but I'm sure gonna fence my place off as soon as I can afford it.

Wonder how many deer he'll kill on that 5 acres after that...? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Redneck ingenuity--In the early '60's I helped a neighbor drive to California, from Rhode Island, in a '56 Chevy wagon. The frame was so badly rusted through, from road salt, that he had sistered it with a 4x4 post and some bailing wire.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
50 years ago when I was 18 a group of us were hunting on Retired USMC General & former Commandant David Shoup's farm in Hampshire County, WV.

On that trip were were squirrel and 'coon hunting. One of the guys was "Little" Brady T. He worked for the state highway department and had called in sick with a "bad back" so he could go hunting with us.

We used "Little" Brady for a retriever when we shot a 'coon and it didn't fall out of the tree. This happened and "Little" Brady faithfully climbed up the tree by using a grapevine. The vine broke and "Little" Brady hit the ground from about 25 feet up the tree.

He was in bad shape and we thought he was paralyzed so we put him on a surplus military cot in the bed of a pickup truck and tied the cot and him (inside a sleeping bag) to the four corners of the truck bed to keep from turning over. One of the guys was going to take the 6 hour drive to take him back home so he could go to the hospital under worker's compensation.

As they were ready to depart for the long ride home at night in low 30 degree weather we asked "Little" Brady if he needed anything.

As he lay there, the spittin' image of Ernest T. Bass, he replied "can I have a bottle of orange pop?"

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (204guy, 222ND, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,116
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.