Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I order occasionally from Amazon, and when I do they always try to get me to try Amazon Prime for free shipping. What is Prime? What is the monthly charge? What are the advantages? Do you need to order a lot for it to be worth it? I remember seeing a post about it a few weeks ago, but I didn't bother to read into it. I placed an order tonight, and it came up again. I'd rather hear from real people, than their sales pitch.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live in a rural area. I don't like to drive to town 25 miles away, just to look around and try to find what I want for a couple of hours. Thus, I order a LOT from Amazon. Prime is ~$100 a year and you get free expedited shipping on all Prime items. You also get access to movies, books, and other stuff I don't really mess with (but the wife and kids do). I save a bunch on shipping and get exactly what I want within a few days. I'm a Yuge fan.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
get it, forgot what i pay a yr buts its more than worth it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It costs about $100/yr. I think you can do it monthly, though. It gets you free 2d day shipping on all orders. If you don't order much, it's not likely to pay for itself.

You also get their AP movies and tv shows over the web. Many you can live stream. If you have a smart TV or can hook your TV to your computer as a monitor, you can use the big screen.

You can sign up for a 6 month free trial to see if you get enough use out of the program to be worth it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I live in a rural area. I don't like to drive to town 25 miles away, just to look around and try to find what I want for a couple of hours. Thus, I order a LOT from Amazon. Prime is ~$100 a year and you get free expedited shipping on all Prime items. You also get access to movies, books, and other stuff I don't really mess with (but the wife and kids do). I save a bunch on shipping and get exactly what I want within a few days. I'm a Yuge fan.

Yeah we're pretty rural here, too. I guess for a hundred bucks, it wouldn't take long to erase that. Thanks for the reply.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It costs about $100/yr. I think you can do it monthly, though. It gets you free 2d day shipping on all orders. If you don't order much, it's not likely to pay for itself.

You also get their AP movies and tv shows over the web. Many you can live stream. If you have a smart TV or can hook your TV to your computer as a monitor, you can use the big screen.

You can sign up for a 6 month free trial to see if you get enough use out of the program to be worth it.

Thanks. I am going to look into it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
BTW, Amazon has raised their prices a lot in the last couple of years. I shop there a lot but often buy elsewhere online because I find better prices and shipping.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I used to use prime alot. Now, they are the enemy and support the enemy. Look elsewhere.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
People with Amazon Prime also get lower prices on some items. Saved 20% on a video game for the boy a couple of days ago.

Having Prime really does increase your use of Amazon, and why not. Save a couple of hours of shpping around and get in two days or less.

Calvin, I hear you. Bezos is a butt-head but he makes life a lot easier for me. Walmart has tried to match Amazon but haven't been able to compete yet as a practical matter. And Alibaba is out of the question.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bezos is a butt-head but he makes life a lot easier for me.

irony grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've been taking advantage of the 'included in Prime Membership" videos on TV also...

They are the king of lousy B movies...

but they have some great oldies on there.. plus some real cool "documentaries"....

Like the other night I watched one on RAF Bomber Command, that was like 40 minutes, and was made in 1943 or 1944 by the BBC....

After that I watched a followup that was about 90 minutes...
It was one on the Lancaster, highlighted the last one in flying condition as the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight..

it was hosted by Ewan MacGregor of Star Wars Fame.. but also his brother Collin... who is currently an airline pilot, but a former RAF pilot in 617 Squadron ( the DamBuster Squadron of WW 2 fame).. and a veteran of course in Iraq and Afghanistan....the older brother...

They have a lot of stuff like that, and I more than get my money's worth off of that, plus the free 2 day shipping on stuff.. plus I've bought some really good used stuff for low prices...

like a Camera lense for $95, that was $500+ new...Canon made, not some off brand...it was in real good shape... so I was pleased with that also... they have a real good return policy also...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I resisted Amazon Prime for a long time, but finally gave in to the dark side. Since signing up, I have more than saved the yearly fee in shipping costs. Many items I can get over night. The videos alone are probably worth the cost.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess from a shipping standpoint , the biggest advantage of prime is the 2 day free shipping - but in many cases without prime you can find the same product for the same price or even less with free shipping - but usually its 5 business days.

We've done some things to automate the home with their Echo Dot whatever its called - and Amazon Prime is integrated into that.

I think its worth the $100 for all that you get - I'm at a point where I'll look to Amazon for everything that I don't need immediately - but if I was just a casual user, I doubt I'd be interested in it.

I don't know too many people that have signed up for it and then have decided it wasn't worth it.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/06/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Also included with Prime is free, unlimited photo backup. That to me is nearly worth the price alone. The memories captured by pics is something that I cannot replace.

I'm pretty sure our kids think Santa owns or works for Amazon... wink

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It's a good deal, it putting hurt on Walley World. I hear they getting into online shopping.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If you use Google Chrome, you can get a browser extension called "Honey" that automatically check for better prices when you're shopping.

It's caught some items that were more pricey on Amazon than elsewhere for me a few times. I regularly price-check Amazon. Most of the time they're competitive or cheapest, but not always.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pointer
Also included with Prime is free, unlimited photo backup. That to me is nearly worth the price alone. The memories captured by pics is something that I cannot replace.

I'm pretty sure our kids think Santa owns or works for Amazon... wink

slightly different topic but Amazon is very connected in our company now

Their cloud platform, in our opinion, is better than IBMs. We have several customers that do a very high percentage , if not all , of their production processing on the cloud. Its save them millions in hardware costs.

Partnering with Amazon and offering Amazon cloud computing is a vital part of our business model at this point.

We can now offer our customers an opportunity to run our software anywhere in the world on any platform 24/7/365...even their cell phone.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
We have Prime and it is well worth it.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm thinking that most things I order,shipping is about $8. That figures out that I need to order about a dozen times a year,which I don't.
I do use Amazon as a search feature to find products then look elsewhere. Usually I can find the same item locally for about the same price including the shipping from Amazon/

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cant speak for anyone else but its well worth it for me. Between free two day shipping and the tv programming its a bargain for me.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,103
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.