Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sako76
You know, practice makes perfect! While I don't live out west I believe meth labs and pot growing operations are quite prevalent! I guess you guys would like to send them on patrol with 30 rounds. A Pa. game warden was shot and killed not too long ago (working alone at night), there are a lot of criminals out there!

just how any rounds do you think the average park ranger will carry while on patrol?
yes there are pot grows in our forests and meth labs in our trailer parks, but we certainly don't have the corner on the market.
when i see our local forest ranger wandering around armed it just makes me feel soooooo safe and protected!
just one more layer of Big Brother we don't need.

Last edited by deerstalker; 02/11/17.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They deal with the public, so anything goes.

I doubt a lot of people that venture all the way up in the Oregon mountains to Crater Lake are looking for trouble. It's probably 60 miles from Medford, the largest town in southern Oregon. All uphill driving into the mountains to get there, not much for a troublemaker to do with a lack of asphalt and sirens.

But, it's the public, and because of it's distance from law enforcement, I'd expect them to be armed. Especially today with terrorists walking into America every day. It's only a matter of when, not if.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A buddy of mine who was a State Trooper carried 41 rounds on him, 4 spare 8 round mags for a H&K P7M8 and a 8 round mag in the weapon and one in the tube. He had 4 boxes of 50 and extra mags ready to go in a brief case in his troop car. He also had a State issued AR and 870. He also had his own pistol grip 870 with plenty of ammo! He was a "I'd rather have it and not need it" guy! If there was a bank robbery or drug shoot out I bet he would go thru those 41 rounds pretty quickly. He practiced (required) a lot including night shoots and shooting left handed out the car window while going in reverse!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Obviously, since this theft took place within a National Park, there is crime there. If there had never been even one theft there before, crime there is now up by 100%.

Even NP rangers need to practice if they're going to carry. I'd bet that almost all the ammunition ANYbody buys is used for practice. (You shoot your deer rifle all year and down your buck with only one shot, right?)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Obviously, since this theft took place within a National Park, there is crime there. If there had never been even one theft there before, crime there is now up by 100%.

Even NP rangers need to practice if they're going to carry. I'd bet that almost all the ammunition ANYbody buys is used for practice. (You shoot your deer rifle all year and down your buck with only one shot, right?)
Need to work on the math a little? grin

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been going through, as opposed to around, national parks with arms for my entire life.

1Minute
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Absolutely! He's holding a motorhome full of retirees! Just looks like popcorn from some angles. And if one looks close at ifubar's pictures, you can see a filthy hippy trying to piss in the lake! We need more Ranger to fight the heathens. I can't believe the antis posting here! This is serious!

Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The rodents are taking over that dammed Lake!
[Linked Image]

Good God man, is that Squirrelzilla?

I think I see houses clutched in his massive paws.
The horror!

Call for an air strike!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Math was never my strong suit, RC. Given three math problems, I'll get half of them wrong.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 12,338 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,256
Posts18,544,585
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.