Six weeks now and not a word.

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by cdb
Originally Posted by RexM
They are supposed to email an update, then call to confirm credit card information if there was a charge. That said, I think they are running behind because of the snow outage they had in January. I ordered a custom shop scope on Jan 11 and have not received any information about it, took two weeks to get a phone call through to confirm they received the order. I have since sent another scope in for repair and while they answered the call faster, they never did send the email confirmation nor do they have an ETA on either scope.

Leupold are my favorite scopes, but they do not have the best customer service.

Really? There are many people who would disagree.

Yep. Ask any silhouette shooter who sends in scopes for new reticles, Leupold messes up their share of orders and turn around is not near what it was even 5 years ago.

That said, they at least offer a custom shop which is far more than most other makers

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I sent back a VariX111 2.5 x 8 once. It was not holding zero. I got it back in less than a month with a note that nothing was wrong with it. Put it back on the same rifle in the same rings and it was rock steady.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven

So I fill out the online form and send it in. UPS Tracking says it was delivered on 31 Jan. Two weeks later, after two phone calls, they say it was received. That is all the rep on the phone can tell me. No other status available. OK, so they're very busy.

Then I ask what the SOP is. Will they tell me when it is finished? Will they tell me when it is being shipped back? Will I get a phone call or email or? They have no answer. They don't seem to have any SOP in place. I'm told they may send a post card, or they may email me, or maybe I will receive no notification at all. What?!

They do have a SOP and they relayed same to you. You will either get a postcard, e-mail or the scope will show up in the the mail. You asked, how will I be notified and they told you. You don't seem to be satisfied and that's OK, but that is their standard

I beg to differ sir. How can "you may get a post card or you may get an email, or it may just show up" be considered an SOP? Perhaps their SOP stands for Sorry Old Program rather than Standard Operating Procedure?

If they had a standard it would be ONE of these not a bunch of maybes.

Granted I am not very patient, but after two weeks I thought that perhaps they had my email address wrong or perhaps it was delivered to the wrong place.

In any event let me provide you all with an update;

No communication has been received and no scope has been returned. So, I may conclude that the true SOP is nothing.
A little mystery adds spice to life, right?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
First let me say that all of my centerfire rifles are fitted with Leupold scopes. I've used them for years with out issue. So I am a fan.

My latest Leupold purchase is a VX2 3-9X40 CDS unit. It was bought NIB but the erector system seems to be out of whack. The windage especially. Move it 4 clicks and it will move 2 to 4 inches. Hey, it happens to the best of them and Leupold's warranty is second to none.

So I fill out the online form and send it in. UPS Tracking says it was delivered on 31 Jan. Two weeks later, after two phone calls, they say it was received. That is all the rep on the phone can tell me. No other status available. OK, so they're very busy.

Then I ask what the SOP is. Will they tell me when it is finished? Will they tell me when it is being shipped back? Will I get a phone call or email or? They have no answer. They don't seem to have any SOP in place. I'm told they may send a post card, or they may email me, or maybe I will receive no notification at all. What?!

So, I guess if I haven't heard anything by June maybe I should call again?! A company that big with that good a reputation and they have no Standard Communication Operating Procedures?!

Is this the norm for Big L? What has been your experience and what should I expect?

Dude all ya gotta do is call them. They are the most awesome people to deal with. They do stuff for me yearly with changes and custom work and heck just answering my questions.

Meat Hunters Do It For Dinner.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Again, their procedure was explained to you. Maybe this, maybe that, perhaps this. You don't like it, but that's it.

I kinda find humor in it, in that the majority here find their return times and accommodation of customers needs more than adequate.

Returned binos to Swarovski. Can't remember the exact time till it showed up back home, but it was around 5-6months. Received one card in the mail right before it was shipped. Returned a shotgun to Browning. Around 10months until it came back. I finally called them. It took awhile for them to even find it.

Sooooo, where does that leave you. Well as mentioned, if three weeks wears on your patience, give them a call. Beetch and whine to them, because doing so here isn't going to change their procedures or have your scope returned any faster.

Personally, my patience is wearing thin on 24hr Campfire whines and beetching. Although like Leupold's SOP's I do find some humor in them.

And to put your little whine into perspective. You live in a country where men and women of the armed services are currently driving down roads and getting blown to hell while you whine about not getting what you think is the proper notification on how and when you will get your scope back. Maybe Leupold is doing some additional government work that presently is more important.

Can the whine, please.....

Last edited by battue; 02/23/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leupold is the best boomerang in the scope business.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
OK, I can see that civility and reading comprehension is now gone.

Again, their procedure was explained to you. Maybe this, maybe that, perhaps this. You don't like it, but that's it.

No I don't like it because there is NO procedure. How can you consider a total lackof SOP to be a procedure.

I kinda find humor in it, in that the majority here find their return times and accommodation of customers needs more than adequate.

I have already stated that I am NOT concerned with the time frame, but simply the lack of communication.

Returned binos to Swarovski. Can't remember the exact time till it showed up back home, but it was around 5-6months. Received one card in the mail right before it was shipped. Returned a shotgun to Browning. Around 10months until it came back. I finally called them. It took awhile for them to even find it.

Sooooo, where does that leave you. Well as mentioned, if three weeks wears on your patience, give them a call. Beetch and whine to them, because doing so here isn't going to change their procedures or have your scope returned any faster.

I do not consider asking others to convey their experiences whining. I have stated that I am a fan of Leupold products and this is my first return in over 30 years. I simply wished to know what to expect. If asking what a companies SOP is upsetting to you perhaps you should seek counseling.

Personally, my patience is wearing thin on 24hr Campfire whines and beetching. Although like Leupold's SOP's I do find some humor in them.

My patience is wearing thin on 24hr Campfire experts that consider a simple question as "whines and beetching". Unlike you,I find no humor in them.

And to put your little whine into perspective. You live in a country where men and women of the armed services are currently driving down roads and getting blown to hell while you whine about not getting what you think is the proper notification on how and when you will get your scope back. Maybe Leupold is doing some additional government work that presently is more important.

OK, this one is way out of line! I did my time in the USAF during the VN era so you may KMA! Twice!! You?
If Leupold is that busy I think they could afford to hire someone to receive shipments and send a 30 second email. Why don't you apply, as you seem to have the time, but maybe not the people skills.

Can the whine, please.....

Ignore is a wonderful feature.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No, I didn't but I respect those who did and are doing. So for that, you have my thanks.

That being said you are whining and beetching, and at your age should be over the trivial crap of everyday life or at least learn how to handle it. People have real problems, some of which I see every day. Leupold SOP isn't one of them and all wish it was.

You can't work you own self thru a simple CS issue with Leupold and you think I need counseling? That's rich.. and funny. Thanks for the giggle.

Last edited by battue; 02/24/17.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Get a swift you will not be sorry every bit as good as Leupold

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
That being said you are whining and beetching, and at your age should be over the trivial crap of everyday life or at least learn how to handle it. People have real problems, some of which I see every day. Leupold SOP isn't one of them and all wish it was.

You can't work you own self thru a simple CS issue with Leupold and you think I need counseling? That's rich.. and funny. Thanks for the giggle.

At my age troubles are common. Fixed income and health issues are ever present and this so called "trivial crap" is a welcome diversion. Even butting heads with a Campfire Wonder is good to some degree, but does get us old farts tired out quickly.

Therefore I am done with this subject and you are now on ignore. You are welcome for the giggle and now you may work on your comprehension skills.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
See ya and good luck. You'll be looking....

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I broke one this afternoon, I guess I'm going to see if their service is still good.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There are people that E-Mail for everything thing and getting them to make a phone call is like pulling teeth. My grown children are this way and I believe this phenomenon to be generational to a large extent.

Then there are people that would rather pick up the phone and call Customer Service.

People in the first category seem to get much less satisfaction and have more CS problems than people in the second category.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I sent a 30 year old scope in and they had no parts sent me a new vx3 total time three weeks. Cant speak for others but my experience with them was excellent.....

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Daveh
Originally Posted by kingston
They're typically great about resolving your issues in a timely manner (2 - 4 weeks). That said, it hasn't been my experience that Leupold relies on direct and ongoing interaction with the customer inorder to accomplish these timely remedie . You're more likely to just get the scope back repaired with service invoice approximately stating what was done to fix the problem(s) you reported in the letter you sent them with the optic.

^^^This is my experience^^^

I've had approximately 28 Leupold scopes and have had to send back two in the last 40 or so years. This echoes my experience with one addition: always "no charge" on the bottom line.

Last edited by Godogs57; 03/04/17.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,714
Posts18,475,547
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.