Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Being left handed has limited mine. Changing interests or a better term would be wanting to explore new territory drove it in the past - some new caliber I'd never loaded for, or some company finally producing LH rifles that never did before....

This ^^^^^

Originally Posted by kandpand
I am a rifle loony. Sometimes I wished I could make sense of why I do what I do.

And This ^^^^^

HR IC

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Forcing me to analyze why I've "gathered" what's in the safe has illuminated that there is no rational pattern to what/why I've done....

It just "is what it is".

:-)

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Wifey says buying guns and hunting is very valiant and masculine, who am I to let her down? grin

Plus, I can't think of anything I'd rather have for a hobby, guns, shooting, reloading and hunting will be part of my SOP for as long as I can remain mobile.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Wifey says buying guns and hunting is very valiant and masculine, who am I to let her down? grin

Plus, I can't think of anything I'd rather have for a hobby, guns, shooting, reloading and hunting will be part of my SOP for as long as I can remain mobile.

Couldn't have said it better. I like good rifles and firearms in general. Can't get enough of them.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
what drives your collection?

Collection?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
practicality and being left handed.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I buy a gun only when I find that I have a real need for it. I'm still working on the meaning of "real need."

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What drives my collection? Wife leaving almost 20 years ago. Like others there is no rhyme or reason. I get on a streak for awhile. The most obvious was single shots. Right now is 22 rimfires. Since being forced to retire cause the body just plain wore out, my attentions will be turned toward building the projects that have been sitting around forever. Most are bolt action centerfires but there is a rolling block in there

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by beretzs

Couldn't have said it better. I like good rifles and firearms in general. Can't get enough of them.

Plus, dragging all that wild healthy meat home for the table is another overall investment in health and longevity. cool

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never saw it as a collection, merely an accumulation of stuff I like ( or thought I liked). Real collections usually have some goal or pupose in mind. My stuff all gets used to one extent or other. If it ain't getting shot, it's going down the road.

The local "sale paper" for the Shenandoah Valley area often features "Gun Collections" for sale usually consisting of a bunch of low-end stuff, apparently with sheer numbers as the goal.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am a rifle loony. Sometimes I wished I could make sense of why I do what I do.

This ^^^^

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mmgravy
Hunting with and shooting classic cartridges for the most part......

This is a large part of it. I cannot call mine a collection. It's more of an accumulation of guns that interest me. Even my left handed guns are a bit unusual. My 35 Whelen and 300 H&H lefties are as close to main stream as I get. I have as many right handed rifles as left but most in odd or unusual rounds or rifles that interest me. Most recently a 1908 8x56 Mannlicher Schoenauer.

The closest I have to a collection are the three Herters Powermags, one in each of the chamberings they offered and the Ruger Bisleys, 357 Mag, 357 Max, 41 Mag, 44 Special, 44 Mag, 45 Colt and 480. Still need the 22 and 32 Bisleys.

No one ever accused me of being practical when it comes to firearms. Even my shotguns are, if not odd, a little off the beaten path.

Last edited by mart; 02/17/17.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
humdinger, TEOTWAWKI!!!

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The local "sale paper" for the Shenandoah Valley area often features "Gun Collections" for sale usually consisting of a bunch of low-end stuff, apparently with sheer numbers as the goal.

Hmmm...
Kind of like a guy I know that collects multiples of SKS, Mossin Nagants, and mossberg pump shotguns....

Very little variety

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
What drives my "collection"? Usually an F-150... but I digress. I have 1 new-to-me 30-06 at the moment. I think it's my 6th or 7th. Un-American not to have a 30-06. But I think it's lonely so maybe I should it a brother or sister. All the other rifles in the vaults are in awe or feeling highly superior. I'm not sure which. I don't even care. If I'm happy with them I trust they are happy to have a place in my world. Besides, it's easier and cheaper to deal with multiple firearms than with multiple or rotating wives. One is plenty. Gun show? Hunt? Where? Sure, I'll go. Whoowhoooo.. road trip.

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by 16bore
Less is more, more or less.....
I agree......This is also My quality gun owning policy, i dont care for budget type guns...I dont have a huge collection but I feel my guns are of good quality........Hb

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Hemi's? grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What drives my collection? The classified ads here, and being friends with shortactionsmoker and scenarshooter....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by magshooter1

This ^^^^

Yep.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
Apparently redundancy..I have a number of rifles chambered the same.....

Without reviling the number of rifles.. What is the Caliber of the most guns in your collection ?

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,476 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,680
Posts18,493,876
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.