Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 4ager
I never thought I'd say this, but Kucinich is right and I agree with him.

Same here, 4ager. Joe Lieberman had some sage comments also.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by tomk
Exactly. Elected officials then answerable to non-elected.

All elected officials would eventually be rolled and the constitution meaningless.

Have the stakes ever been larger?

I don't think they ever have been. This is it. If they win, then it is tyranny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fully agree ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
You know, I'm not too sure this is any different than it ever has been, see both Kennedys and Reagan as examples, but it is stunning how out in the open it is now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BarryC
This may be "deep state" but I guarantee the Democrats are involved in this, 0bama and the Clinton's. Those fuggers have absolutely no morals and there is nothing I'd put past them.

Barry, WE, all of us, need to understand that there is NO such thing as "The Democratic Party" anymore. Long gone and for a long time.

There is only the present day Republican Party and "The Globalist Party".

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by BarryC
This may be "deep state" but I guarantee the Democrats are involved in this, 0bama and the Clinton's. Those fuggers have absolutely no morals and there is nothing I'd put past them.

Barry, WE, all of us, need to understand that there is NO such thing as "The Democratic Party" anymore. Long gone and for a long time.

There is only the present day Republican Party and "The Globalist Party".

I want to be fair to your point, but this is much more complicated than that.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kingston
This dynamic persists between the Intelligence Community and the Cheif Executive as an office. It's not really about Trump. It's about a fiefdom of professional power mongers maneuvering to preserve and expand their sphere of influence and control. This is nothing new. Further, the folks on the other side of "the other side of the pond", i.e. the Russians, are quite comfortable playing this game and are actually quite dependent on it. One upside of the Cold War was that, for the most part, everyone knew their place. Russia's spy ship off the Delaware coast might well be viewed as stabilizing and moderating vector. For the Russians, the game must continue. Something is always too big to fail. Those somethings, which are too big, are the ones that survive. Figuring out which somethings will survive is far more challenging than figuring out how they do it. They always survive the same way, through interdependency of necessity. We're witnessing the new administration being drawn into their inevitable role. Trump's unique path to power makes for an awkwardly revealing show of the messy innards behind humanity's fundamentally flawed, yet enduring, existence. Although inevitable, it's by no means immutable. Enjoy the show and never mind the noise.

Brilliant!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You know, I'm not too sure this is any different than it ever has been, see both Kennedys and Reagan as examples, but it is stunning how out in the open it is now.

Excellent point.

However, while I'm sure it's no different in kind, I believe it may be quite different in degree. That is, the people who are in power in the Deep State are far more committed to doing "whatever it takes". The CIA's Bill Donovan roots are showing, as it were.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It really is no different fundamentally than ever before although there are different expressions of it from time to time.

Burke and Paine argued about government just post- the U.S. revolution including references to human nature as it is expressed in it and reflected by it.

Human nature is seriously and fundamentally flawed (a real understatement) from a Christian doctrinal viewpoint though any unbeliever, thinking honestly across history's examples of human endeavor, should be able to see it also.

Absent a once moral but now rejected guidance, we now see a segment of our anti-American portion of our society demonstrating this truth while flailing about lying, destroying property, warring against the administration, and hopeful for some sort of political coup. I don't see it letting up.

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Excellent point.

However, while I'm sure it's no different in kind, I believe it may be quite different in degree. That is, the people who are in power in the Deep State are far more committed to doing "whatever it takes". The CIA's Bill Donovan roots are showing, as it were.

Hence the "out in the open" statement. It seems that no longer are they interested in or feel the need to even disguise themselves these days. Either they are desperate enough that they don't care, or they are strong enough that they don't need to care. If they win after being this open about it, there is no going back to pretending that the people matter.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/16/17.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think they think they are strong enough to play their hand more openly... after all, they have run the show pretty much however they wanted for some time. Whether they're actually strong enough to pull it off remains to be seen.

State Dept and CIA is populated by a lot of Ivy League/old money/Mayflower descendant types. Their power in large measure is amplified by their low profile. Coming out into the open is a bad move for them, I think. But maybe not... we shall see.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't think conditions in America today can be compared to any time in its past. For 20 years the "crazies in the basement" have had a lot more control than they ever did before.

As a result, the entire federal government has been compromised. Essentially, Trump is having to do battle with a governing body and a media that's absolutely anti American.

America has had internal enemies for a long time. But they've only been in control of the government for the past couple of decades.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's why Kucinich has gone off the reservation. He's a liberal,..no doubt about it. But he understands that what's occurring today is more than a battle of ideology.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I think they think they are strong enough to play their hand more openly... after all, they have run the show pretty much however they wanted for some time. Whether they're actually strong enough to pull it off remains to be seen.

State Dept and CIA is populated by a lot of Ivy League/old money/Mayflower descendant types. Their power in large measure is amplified by their low profile. Coming out into the open is a bad move for them, I think. But maybe not... we shall see.

There needs to be a large purging and serious examples made as soon as can be done. But it will take some methodical sifting once Trump gets his people installed to root them all out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like Seinfeld, much ado about nothing. I had no idea it was illegal for us to talk with Russians.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, FWIW, Jay Sekilow of the ACLJ, just opined there's a "soft coup" being undertaken by the embeddeds in the intelligence agency's.

This was obvious to those watching closely. The Trump adm has to Trample this.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Excellent points, Bristoe.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
While he can go kind of loony at times he seems to make a lot of sense in this interview.

Seems there needs to be some type of false information put out in each dept.and see what shows up in the news in a few days.

I think that they will find out who leaked this phone call stuff and hope they get to make little rocks out of big rocks for years.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I watched Hannity's interview with the D.C. lawyer last night, and he opined that it will not be hard to find the leak, provided the Attorney General swings his big stick.

Call a grand jury, then issue subpoenas. The number of people who had access and opportunity is small, he says. I don't know if he's right, but I agree that this needs to be done in public. With a big club. With severe consequences, like 30 year prison terms in Leavenworth.

W
WEL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
We had 8 years of bush and 8 years of Obama. Now ask yourself did the foreign policy of the US change radically during those 16 years? No. Oh Obama went around the world and kissed ass apologized for US exceptionalism but did we get out of Afghanistan? How long has this "war on terror" gone on? did we not over through the elected government in Ukraine to weaken the Russians? The story hear is that Trump is a threat to the people that really run this country and they are doing their best to eliminate him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All I care about Kucinich, is if I was a single man and younger...I'd sure love to have his wife....as mine instead...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (AKislander, 907brass, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 14 invisible), 1,981 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,893
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.