Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i keep looking at that picture, and my thoughts only.
doesn't look like a spec of lubrication, it's pretty dry.
that casing looks like its sticking out quite a ways.
which would make me remove the barrel from the gun, and put one of those rounds in the chamber, and see if it fits properly.
the other is crud buildup, particularly in front of the kind of square back of the barrel. a glock can fire out of battery if the slide doesn't go all the way forward. Translated, i am pretty sensitive to keeping that area pretty clean.
I would want to see a new round stuck just in the barrel, with it removed to see if it's fitting the way it's suppose to.
I managed to blow up a model 23, due to a squibb load. My fault, not the guns. It cracked the barrel, and blowed the mag out, and cracked the slide. Didn't hurt me, other than what i left in my shorts. A new slide and barrel and gun is still working.
I eventually went to KKM barrels on all glocks just they protected that casing a lot better than the factory barrel.

It was lubed on the frame rails. Clean as a whistle before I started firing, and I had fired maybe 2 mags full through it. Definitely not a dirty gun. Not sure what you're seeing. But I have fired my Glock 19 VERY dirty and never had a hiccup. They usually go and go.

I've never run Glocks wet like my AR15's.

Yeah, my glocks are rarely that clean, no issues with them from having a lot more fouling than that.