Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by Steelhead
. . .Something is either yours or it ain't. . .

pretty much it right there^ ^ ^ ^ ^
i don't hold with thievery whatever the reasoning or "logic".
thieves need to be planted right beside murderers

well, yes of course. and nearly every reader agrees w/you.

so, it get's pretty deep pretty fast, but let's move forward.

my front doors are locked, if a home breaker kicked it in, there'd be hell to pay, and blood on the floor. and it happens about everyday somewhere in and around hot-lanta.

beef is pricey, so is gold,guns, jewelry, cars, etc. stuff gets stolen, it's not limited to just cattle, race horses, etc.

so, financial setbacks happen. how to compensate or ameliorate the pain, and cost? insurance maybe? insurance, what is that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My biggest all-at-one-time screwing came at the hands of a man that went on to become a representative in Oregon. Go figure, a dishonest politician. $32,000.

Other than that, my mortgage company has done a very thorough job screwing me on my home loan. No lube, no kiss, no nothing, just a good solid screwing. Any time I interact with them they seem insulted that I'm not enjoying it.

If I was ever elected to office, I would run hard at insurance companies and mortgage lenders and try to get some advantages back for the little man.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lost several hundred thousand in bad debt to my ex-inlaws due to my divorce..... and it was the best thing that ever happened to me financially. Never do business with friends or family.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hanco
...My friend in Madisonville had all of his cows stolen last Tuesday. About 30 cows,...

Looks to be an ongoing problem there.

They need to start killin' some rustlers and leaving them by their cattle trailers.

That'll deter it.

How Texas ranchers used to handle cow and horse thieves.

[Linked Image]

wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read some of your accounts, and I am reminded that some folks go through lots worse than I have.

I'm sitting here dry and warm under a roof after my dinner, having finished loading up some ammo to shoot five rifles that are purely optional for me. I'll be driving to the range my paid-for pickup. I will shortly be in my warm bed, sleeping soundly because I'm not worried about eating tomorrow.

I'm truly blessed.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by Gus
ok, not to poke anyone in the eye, but the cows got stolen. they got shipped to a sale point. they got off-loaded and probably sent to a processing plant. wal-mart, ingles, kroger, sprouts, publix whomever agreed to display the animal parts in their meat dispaly cases.

so, the person who "failed" to protect his herd lost valuable assets.

there's people in downtown inner cities getting to eat beef because of how the process is structured. now, is that all that bad?

seriously, an asset that is valuable has to be secured, controlled, and looked after.

so, who failed to prevent the theft? anyone know for sure?

What an [bleep].

I laugh at your stone ravings sometimes, and you seem(ed) like a harmless enough guy, but this is a douchy thing to say.

Gus is on an extra special retard episode tonight.

Now please excuse while I go out to do the hourly herd check....

Fuucking idiot.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Gus
ok, not to poke anyone in the eye, but the cows got stolen. they got shipped to a sale point. they got off-loaded and probably sent to a processing plant. wal-mart, ingles, kroger, sprouts, publix whomever agreed to display the animal parts in their meat dispaly cases.

there's people in downtown inner cities getting to eat beef because of how the process is structured. now, is that all that bad?

seriously, an asset that is valuable has to be secured, controlled, and looked after.

What an [bleep].

I laugh at your stone ravings sometimes, and you seem(ed) like a harmless enough guy, but this is a douchy thing to say.

Fuucking idiot.

y'all seem to be very trustworthy, and trusting. that is good. the cattle theives and other type thieves are very appreciative, i'm pretty sure. if your wealth is safe, don't bother to do anything except to reap the rewards and profits. otherwise please remain vigilant, ok?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by Gus
i got drafted one time into involuntary servitude by the war criminal johnson.

but, i survived and i prospered. instead of a real job out of college in which i had paid my way, i got a 100 dollar a month assignment.

but that dude is in the grave. if i ever find it, i might choose to dig the corpse up and shoot it over and over. it might help, right?

after that debacle, i've done very well, once i got back to my native Georgia.

Gus, I am sincerely glad you made it through that kerfuffle.

X2 Gus.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Going through a less prosperous period right now as a matter of fact, prob'ly take a few years. OTOH I do have running water and electricity, which is more'n I had in Africa.

And yes, cattle thieves should be shot on sight.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
More than a couple. I care not to discuss details, and tempt Mrs. Murphy's bastard son.... again.

I think mrs. murphy's bastard son retired, at least i hope so.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by 4ager
More than a couple. I care not to discuss details, and tempt Mrs. Murphy's bastard son.... again.

I think mrs. murphy's bastard son retired, at least i hope so.

Nope.

He's still alive and well.

<<< Read my location. Been there since June 9, 2016.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gus

What an [bleep].

Fuucking idiot.

Cattle ranchers don't bring the herd in the house at night?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I pretty much lost everything at age 42 due to a divorce.

Fortunately, I didn't really givva damn. The way I saw it, I just got to be 18 all over again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My ex clipped me for about $500K, out and out thief. Add that to not working for 7 years of Obama my retirement funds have taken a hit.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by Gus

What an [bleep].

Fuucking idiot.

Cattle ranchers don't bring the herd in the house at night?

I have a big azz safe I lock mine in. They don't like it, and sometimes I forget the combination if I have been drinking.

But by God they are secure! Seeing how expensive they are and all.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Big D slammed me pretty hard.
6 yrs later lost my job after 20 yrs.
Clawed my way back.....now kids in college and medical keeps me working Saturdays.
I'm pretty well burned out.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Proly small peanuts, but had to pay for books In jan.
Youngest has had 4 jaw procedures since about Xmas, 2100, 3300, 2100 and 1900 bucks. Out of network, pay up front.
Insurance will reimburse me 75%.........have yet to get my first dime back.
Kinda making me grumpy.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
So let's just say the Ruger #1 at my LGS is still sitting there. I don't need it LOL....tempting, but I'm a little older now and don't use all the stuff I have (used to have way more before the Big D).
I figure when stuff mellows I'll just get a different one, or say screw it and go custom.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
life is a series of ups and downs, hopefully the ups take care of the downs.
i have lost at times six figures, then turned around and made it back up.
i have dealt with the medical issues to, say about 25k in my wife's teeth, son with cancer, daughter with cancer, hell, some of my goldens have had cancer. brother in law, wife's brother died of cancer, and i had a lady that stayed the month of december and part of january with me. She had knee surgery two years ago, got an infection, and still has it.
Somebody always has it worse than me.
You have to value the important things, like i do my wife, and my dogs, and the family i inherited when i marry her.
material things don't mean much in some ways.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by irfubar
Sometimes it seems like life is just a series of financial setbacks?

Everyone I know has suffered some. Some more than others, some bigger than others etc....

I do know a few that basically have not suffered any significant setbacks and they generally don't understand what others have gone through, in fact many blame the people with hardship.

Bad things happen to good people everyday.

Truer words are not in this thread. Those that have had the golden life and eventually get hit seem to not cope well at all. Trials harden us on the forge to allow small stuff to roll off us like water on a ducks back.

Some of the stories here sure make me appreciative of my bad times.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,514
Posts18,509,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.