Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been carrying a PM9 in a DeSantis pocket holster for 9 years +.
It's lighter and smaller than a G43.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The XDS 45 with Crimson Trace green is my perfection!!

The foundation for old age is good memories.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SargeMO
By my standards the categories do not overlap.
Yep.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you are O.K. with a .380 take a look at the Taurus TCP-738. 5.2 inches long. Weight:10 oz. Fits like a glove in my pocket holster, which hides the outline of the Gun. Only 6+1 Rounds though.
If you are 9MM person, I like my SCCY CPX-1 or CPX-2 Just a tad larger. I think it weighs around 15 OZ. 10+1 Capacity.
Also, Taurus is coming out with a new .380 called "Spectrum". Haven't seen one, but I will look at one. They say at the end of March.
The SCCY CPX-1&2 comes with a pinky extension for the Magazine and you can get one from Pearce Grips for the Taurus.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by buckhorn
Another vote for the Rohrbaugh R9. Nothing else that small in a 9mm. I find the G43 and S&W Shield just a little too big for comfortable pocket carry in many pockets. Of course, no reason to stick to the Rohrbaugh once you move to another form of carry but it still works if you only have one pistol.

Always heard they are the best. There was one for sale in the classified section. At about twice the price of anything else.
For me the easier to conceal the harder to hit with. I carry a 938 and a 360 j in 357. But at 6'2" and 295 I have big pockets. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My son uses the Sig 938 and I use the Beretta Nano.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I guess if one wanted a 9mm belt gun that could occasionally be pressed into service as a front pants pocket gun, the closest to ideal would be the Ruger LC9S Pro.

Here's mine next to my Glock 42 (which is a .380 ACP).

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The_Real_Hawkeye; 02/25/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Old standby in cargoes front pocket or Milt Sparks VM2 is a PM9.
MK9 or 642 if swimming trunks.
642 for BUG to drop in back pocket or cargoes side pocket when I think that might be a good idea.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A G-43 is way bigger than I like in a pocket. Sure,if your pocket is big enough,you can fit almost anything but it's still not what I would consider a pocket gun just because you "can" put it in your pocket.

The Kahr PM9 would be the biggest I would ever want in my pocket and it's still bigger than I like.

I carry a G-43 or a G-36 depending on how I feel, in an IWB Kydex(Vedder Lighttuck)and a Kahr P-380 in the pocket in a very thin leather holster I made for it.

Another option I might consider in pocket (though it would be rare in big pocket baggy pants) would be a S&W 340PD.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I carry a G-36 depending on how I feel, in an IWB Kydex(Vedder Lighttuck).
That's impressive.

H&K G-36:

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Missus has developed an affinity for my LCP (now defiled with a girlie-purple Hogue grip thing anyhow) so I'm in the market for another pocket/ankle gun. I could get another LCP but I'm toying with the notion of a pocket 40. The PPS-M2 in on my radar... anybody here using one?

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the only micro gun that feels good and is shoot able for me has been my cw9.

but it rarely gets carried as I prefer a larger gun so I'm usually carrying a P226 or a p220

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
PM9'is a good pistol trigger reset is longer than I like, I sold mine I can't recall that it was a bunch lighter but may have been shorter. I have tried PM9 now a shield and the G43 is still the best CCW 9 I have found. Trying to sell the brand new shield now as it squirms a bit and has a sharper recoil impulse. The PM9 was the most accurate, the shield and G43 are less accurate by a good bit. Want to try the PPS next.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 4ager
Does it exist? A semi-auto carry pistol that (pay attention, this is important) is concealable by pocket carry in jeans and khakis, and works for both OWB and IWB, with enough horsepower to be "comforting"?

Thinking the Kimber Micro 9 or SIG 938 might be the closest. Any other suggestions?

As a baseline I would ask myself this question:

What is the smallest handgun (size and cartridge wise) that I am willing to get into a gunfight with, against an armed adversary/adversaries?

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Does it exist? A semi-auto carry pistol that (pay attention, this is important) is concealable by pocket carry in jeans and khakis, and works for both OWB and IWB, with enough horsepower to be "comforting"?

Thinking the Kimber Micro 9 or SIG 938 might be the closest. Any other suggestions?

What is the smallest handgun (size and cartridge wise) that I am willing to get into a gunfight with, against an armed adversary/adversaries?

I hear you and agree wholly on the grounds they need to be hit quick, well and hard. My baseline would be my M&P40C and I've been looking at ankle rigs for it. Or bigger pockets.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep.

Glock 19 for the win.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Unless you wear only baggy old man pants, pocket carry excludes presenting a useful pistol quickly enough to be an option. You are limiting yourself w/ meaningless constraints instead of preparing to fight for your life. 1.5 seconds from stimulus to 1st hit on target is a functional standard attainable by anyone willing to make the effort.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep.

Glock 19 for the win.
That's about where I would place the minimum, too, apart from very rare circumstances where being 100% certain of not printing supersedes this consideration. In those circumstances (less than 1% of the time), I carry something in the Kahr P9, Ruger LC9S Pro, or Glock 43 category, and that still in a belt holster, not pants pocket carry.

When I used to pocket carry, it was almost always a NAA Mini Revolver. There were short stints where I carried a micro .32 ACP auto in my pants pocket instead.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yondering
Any other suggestions?

yeah, forget pocket carry, and carry a better gun.

Um, no. Some conditions here call for it.

Pocket carry, though sometimes necessary, is a compromise, as far as the type/size of what you can carry, IMO.

No sense in trying to make one gun do all that you describe.

Pocket carry what you have to, when you have to; carry something better when you don't.

MM

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,519
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.