Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have to say putting those sights on a krag makes me shudder.
Have to ask. Where would you find those ammo holders they are using to dump rounds in the side mag?
Also where would one find ammo for a danish krag?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There's a guy on the Krag Collector's forum who makes brass stripper clips for U.S. Krags. He copied one that the Army experimented with 120 years ago. Works a treat, and not expensive relatively speaking- $50 give or take as I recall. They're quite a marvel consisting of many bends/folds and soldered joints. I bet he is working for less than minimum wage.

Putting those sights on a collectible original Krag would be sacrilegious, I agree. But considering that the vast majority of these rifles have already been altered from original makes them fair game for further modifications IMO.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
P
papat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
As gnoahhh said. It has already been molested so it is fair game for a PROPER sporter job. Ron, you will most likely have to assemble the Dane ammo to get any. Going to search around somemore on the sight situation but do have a couple ideas. Fortunately my pipe is very shiney and sweet. By the way, I just finished putting my Swede in some new clothes it deserved. Is it possible to do too many 6.5X55 projects in a row?

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have two krag's that i wouldn't touch, a long rifle and a carbine that are original.
But, i would have to think about it, but i have another that a advanced krag collector told me was a bannerman conversion.
it's the only one i have shot.
I am going to have to think about it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Papat- you mentioned a semi-inlet stock earlier. What have you found in this department?

IC B2

P
papat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
All I have found so far is Richards. I really struggled getting the last stock I ordered from them to work. The one before that was magnificent. Go figure. Ron have you checked out what you need for brass for that Dane yet? I was looking at some measurements and will be some work but doable.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Don't care who built em, but you just gotta love a Krag!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by papat
All I have found so far is Richards. I really struggled getting the last stock I ordered from them to work. The one before that was magnificent. Go figure. Ron have you checked out what you need for brass for that Dane yet? I was looking at some measurements and will be some work but doable.

I've ordered one Richards. Sold it.

It was my first and my last.

Inletting looked like chewed out by a beaver.

Big contrast with Boyd. Richards offers a much bigger selection, which is good. But not if you can't use the product or if it takes way more work than it should.

DF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 44automag, 8 invisible), 1,195 guests, and 737 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,133
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.