Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Generally, I spend more on reloading components and shoot with irons, Lyman's, Redfield or NECG rears. The few scoped rifles tend to be Leupolds with some B&L or Redfields. My eyes are now 20/15 so still able see down the tube. Thank God!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Hunter,

The 1" Reupold 3.5-10x in any/all versions,is a whopping piece of fhuqking schit,compared to the 6x MQ. It's not even in the same Universe. The Rupold MK4 M1 version is a step in the right direction,yet wellllllllll shy of 6x MQ integrity,utility,versatility and ease of use.

I shoot 'em all.

Hint.

1000 Words

Just saying.............

Jordan,

Noone has ever gotten better,by typin'...though there are herds of DUMB Fhuqks tryin' just that,daily.(grin)

Never been tough to cyher who shoots and who don't.

Nothing is more transparent.............(grin)

Ringmam,

I enjoy your haste in reliably taking STUPIDITY,to new places. Your sheer and utter cluelessness never disappoint,in it's oblivious grandeur. Congratulations?!?

The ONLY thing you "shoot",is your mouth.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'Walter,

The 6x MQ simply has NO answer,at any price point.

Not a bad "problem" to have.(grin)

Nice to field such unwavering sanctity..............

'Clark,

Let's knock some schit in the head,beings you KNOW that S/S is THE answer.

What rifle,chambering and mounting system are you contending,that gave you ejection issues? Ejection direction/impetus is easily skewed and that'd be my focus,rather than curtailing a platform's inherent aptitude,by slummin' schit glass instead.

As a WORST case scenario,you could roll the scope 45-degrees to Port,swap turret caps and you are there. Never have seen a platform that'd require that,but it is a quick/easy 100% absolute cure.

Myself,I'd simply tune ejection,to do what I wanted reliably and never look back. No thang to backtrack the mechanics of empties whirlin' through the air and change their traffic pattern to suit personal preference. I do it all the time on a plethora of platforms and different action types and have yet to not be happy.

So shed some light on the particulars,nip that woe and then you can do as you please.

Pics will help me diagnose concisely.

Nothing to it....................

'state,

I've heard of 'em too................

[Linked Image]

'run,

I reckon 40MOA to be a handy opening move...though 65-70 is even better and 75MOA better yet.

Hint...............

'Jack,

Thanks for remembering me to order a coupla hunnert Lapooey 6BR hulls this morning.

I gawwdamned nearly fhuqking forgot.

I can like Irons on some MBR's,but the optical Utility afforded ala 6x MQ,simply has no equal.

Cain't like Irons on Pistoles.

[Linked Image]

Fairly fhuqking impressive how a 12x Reupold Sillywet will steer Norma Match through a Marvel Unit One at 50yds. In nice conditions it'll shoot 1/2" easy.

[Linked Image]

Factory 50yd Test Target weren't shabby and I assume ransom'd.

[Linked Image]

Window Lickers love it.

Laughing!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick

[Linked Image]

Not meaning to Hijack but Stick, is that pistol a Ruger Mark IV and if so, what holster is that? I'm trying to find a good holster for my Mark IV Lite 22/45. Slim pickins right now with a red dot on board.

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mdv1state
What are 'Horn rings?

Thanks for asking the question ,was wondering myself.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a picture of them in Stick's post above.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by David_Walter; 03/11/17.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

T
T
I shoot results and results only. Jingle is but a small facet and oft moot in the decision(s).

It is funnier than fhuqk,what most folks "think" a "good" scope is/does and their Cluelessness in regards to POA/POI sanctity,is never not a fhuqking riot. Riflescopes are AIMING devices,NOT Observation devices and Boobs line up for blocks to obliviously drop that ball and quantify same. Case in point...Oldelkchunter is dumber than fhuqk,yet convinced she has a clue. Spin her in a circle and she'd be lost,give her a range and she'd botch the shot. Poor DUMB Kchunt wouldn't know twist from COAL either. Laughing!

Anywhoo,here's where I'm at and simply because I shoot daily. NOTHING matters more than rugged reliability,full stop,end of story. From there,it's all about tracking and zero retention. Nextly,it's the windshield. All else is moot.

Coming full circle,the 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker simply has no equal at ANY dollar amount. Nobody melds as much that matters,into a single parcel,as that platform. Nobody.

So yessss...you can sure as fhuqk spend less and get less. You can sure as fhuqk spend more and you will still get less. If that glass was $1000 a pop,they'd still be a fhuqking steal,given their inherent attributes. Why? They are amazingly reliable in both their rugged durability and uncanny tracking/repeats. Don't hurt that it's windshield will do more by itself,than most glass can muster all out. Hint.

I've long been amused by proffered ratios that denote the "correct" way to allocate funds,as expressed towards a platform's integrity/usefulness. That is simply a buncha fhuqking stupid schit,that pertains to nothing but Fantasy Fluff and zero in Reality. Hint.

The Teutonic Hubble Toters are RELIABLY the DUMBEST of Fhuqks. They've less than zero inkling of what a scope SHOULD do and fixate meaningless schit,that is mooter than moot. Doubly so the Texas Version of same,as they never don't not steal The Show. Hint. Laughing!

Personally,I spend most on boolits,powder,primers and barrels,because they are a consumable. Reliably robust glass will last and last and last...though I'm no talkin' about scratchin' Safe Queen Days offa calendar,but miles schlepped and rounds spent. Them differences are beyond stark. Have lotsa scopes that've shot out multiple barrels. Hint.

So while I've only 100's of scopes to reflect upon,I'm more than a wee bit "comfy" in the arrangement of Fixed Fhuqker MQ splendor,upon a platform that's actually gonna see use. I know..I know....I KNOW,there are legions of boobs who've "flaunted" Uncle Daddy's scope on a rifle more 30+ Seasons,all without "trouble" and believe me,nobody knows that bullschit to be funnier than I! EPIC fhuqking humor there. Mainly because Clueless Boobs have less than ZERO fhuqking inkling,though they'll go way outta their road to prove it. Same old schit,different day. Hint.

If I want a rifle,scope or whatever,I just simply procure it and weigh it in extrapolation to other wares already in hand. Never was any good at lingering,so I simply do not and I've seen me buy in bulk.(grin)

Hell...might even have a Alexander Arms 17HMR enroute after a phone call yesterday,which will of course get 'Horn rings and a 6x MQ. Tough to beat copious inclination,rock solid mounting,huge erector travel and 10 Mils on the windshield.

FACT is,you can't.

Will be poking together another 6BR too,as all parts arrived and it'll rate 'Horn rings and a 10x MQ,due it's mass(28" Bull...to be chopped to 21" or so) and it's Nichely Duties.

Hint.(grin)

As an aside,ejection angle/impetus is easily tuned/controlled and I doubt I've much more than 50 Fixed Fhuqkers to reflect upon and on a purty goodly smattering of differing mechanisms/platforms.

Threw an upper together the other day and had a 10x MOA/Mil layin' loose. Though a 6x MQ TRUMPS it,the 10x MOA/MIL crushes most everything else,by everyone else.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Comfy here too.

[Linked Image]

Happy here.

[Linked Image]

Same here.

[Linked Image]

And here.

[Linked Image]

And here.

[Linked Image]

If there was something better,I'd simply fhuqking use it.

Hint...................

I shoot results and results only. Jingle is but a small facet and oft moot in the decision(s).

It is funnier than fhuqk,what most folks "think" a "good" scope is/does and their Cluelessness in regards to POA/POI sanctity,is never not a fhuqking riot. Riflescopes are AIMING devices,NOT Observation devices and Boobs line up for blocks to obliviously drop that ball and quantify same. Case in point...Oldelkchunter is dumber than fhuqk,yet convinced she has a clue. Spin her in a circle and she'd be lost,give her a range and she'd botch the shot. Poor DUMB Kchunt wouldn't know twist from COAL either. Laughing!

Anywhoo,here's where I'm at and simply because I shoot daily. NOTHING matters more than rugged reliability,full stop,end of story. From there,it's all about tracking and zero retention. Nextly,it's the windshield. All else is moot.

Coming full circle,the 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker simply has no equal at ANY dollar amount. Nobody melds as much that matters,into a single parcel,as that platform. Nobody.

So yessss...you can sure as fhuqk spend less and get less. You can sure as fhuqk spend more and you will still get less. If that glass was $1000 a pop,they'd still be a fhuqking steal,given their inherent attributes. Why? They are amazingly reliable in both their rugged durability and uncanny tracking/repeats. Don't hurt that it's windshield will do more by itself,than most glass can muster all out. Hint.

I've long been amused by proffered ratios that denote the "correct" way to allocate funds,as expressed towards a platform's integrity/usefulness. That is simply a buncha fhuqking stupid schit,that pertains to nothing but Fantasy Fluff and zero in Reality. Hint.

The Teutonic Hubble Toters are RELIABLY the DUMBEST of Fhuqks. They've less than zero inkling of what a scope SHOULD do and fixate meaningless schit,that is mooter than moot. Doubly so the Texas Version of same,as they never don't not steal The Show. Hint. Laughing!

Personally,I spend most on boolits,powder,primers and barrels,because they are a consumable. Reliably robust glass will last and last and last...though I'm no talkin' about scratchin' Safe Queen Days offa calendar,but miles schlepped and rounds spent. Them differences are beyond stark. Have lotsa scopes that've shot out multiple barrels. Hint.

So while I've only 100's of scopes to reflect upon,I'm more than a wee bit "comfy" in the arrangement of Fixed Fhuqker MQ splendor,upon a platform that's actually gonna see use. I know..I know....I KNOW,there are legions of boobs who've "flaunted" Uncle Daddy's scope on a rifle more 30+ Seasons,all without "trouble" and believe me,nobody knows that bullschit to be funnier than I! EPIC fhuqking humor there. Mainly because Clueless Boobs have less than ZERO fhuqking inkling,though they'll go way outta their road to prove it. Same old schit,different day. Hint.

If I want a rifle,scope or whatever,I just simply procure it and weigh it in extrapolation to other wares already in hand. Never was any good at lingering,so I simply do not and I've seen me buy in bulk.(grin)

Hell...might even have a Alexander Arms 17HMR enroute after a phone call yesterday,which will of course get 'Horn rings and a 6x MQ. Tough to beat copious inclination,rock solid mounting,huge erector travel and 10 Mils on the windshield.

FACT is,you can't.

Will be poking together another 6BR too,as all parts arrived and it'll rate 'Horn rings and a 10x MQ,due it's mass(28" Bull...to be chopped to 21" or so) and it's Nichely Duties.

Hint.(grin)

As an aside,ejection angle/impetus is easily tuned/controlled and I doubt I've much more than 50 Fixed Fhuqkers to reflect upon and on a purty goodly smattering of differing mechanisms/platforms.

Threw an upper together the other day and had a 10x MOA/Mil layin' loose. Though a 6x MQ TRUMPS it,the 10x MOA/MIL crushes most everything else,by everyone else.(grin)

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/Dp3r8D.jpg[/img]

Comfy here too.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/923/hwJuXk.jpg[/img]

Happy here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/LL4Zi0.jpg[/img]

Same here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/n5OGst.jpg[/img]

And here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/923/QreTnn.jpg[/img]

And here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/VEVm4P.jpg[/img]

Hint...................

FACT is,you can't.

Hint.(grin)

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/Dp3r8D.jpg[/img]

Comfy here too.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/923/hwJuXk.jpg[/img]

Happy here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/LL4Zi0.jpg[/img]

Same here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/n5OGst.jpg[/img]

And here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/923/QreTnn.jpg[/img]

And here.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/VEVm4P.jpg[/img]

Hint...................

Curious: why the optic colored tape on the scopes?

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have old Denver made Redfield scopes and Leupold VX III's The Leupold's are around 500.00. Plenty good for the hunting I do. I can still see 30 minutes after legal shooting hours are over.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'T3,

I hear good thangs about the 22/45 LITE's.

[Linked Image]

Love 'em.

[Linked Image]

That holster is the ubiquitous Black Dog,which is rebranded by lotsa folks. It's retention is great and it fends weather/abuse well. I just hacksawed length to suit,while leaving extry to preclude a bore obstruction.

They make for irons and/or optics...pick in accordance to your application..............

'pass,

Oft wondered that myself.

[Linked Image]

Tough to keep all this "tricky" stuff straight.

Laughing!...............

'Pat,

The tape is VERY tough on Window Lickers,for reasons knowed only to them. Started out and continues as an inside joke,about unscrewing the "sun shade" and having objective glass fall outta same.(grin)

Window Lickers HATE tape,paint,turrets,nice BC's and actual use...as them thangs really fhuqk 'em up. Laughing!

Nice to keep ocular focus pinned,nice to keep caps pinned and always nice to hear another fhuqking Whine. Plus,it adds a certain ambiance to splendid pixels!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It can convey a mood too.

[Linked Image]

Useta use it to color code magnification too,but got too many to sort and now they just get wrapped with what's handy.....................

'co,

Redfield has never made a scope worth a fhuqk and given their track "record"...never fhuqking will.

Kansas has no legal "shooting hours" for Big Game and the 6x MQ simply has no equal.

Easy for me to say,I shoot 'em all.

Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
'T3,

That holster is the ubiquitous Black Dog,which is rebranded by lotsa folks. It's retention is great and it fends weather/abuse well. I just hacksawed length to suit,while leaving extry to preclude a bore obstruction.

They make for irons and/or optics...pick in accordance to your application..............

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Looks like I should be able to make it work with my IV 22/45 Lite.

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give me a new rifle any and every day of the week.

BS ain't talking B.S. when he touts the chickens. Save the extra moolah for ammo...

P.S. Of course the BIG downside to buying a SS is you wont be able to slap a high-falutin' sticker on the back of your pickup to 'impress' the do-nothin' gang with.... wink whistle

I love the 6x and 10x SS but must say I'm not at all disappointed in the 1-4 Lumi. Keep it on 1x for a 'red dot' sight or set-and-forget on 4x for a lighter, smaller version of the 6x and 10x.

P.P.S. Stick, why in the world do you refer to the XTR's as 'Horns???

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might also add I invested in a decent set of binos. That's what you use for searching/glassing.

As Stick and Shoemaker have said...scopes are for aiming. Period.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Been away from the campfire for a while and it appears I have lost my ability to cipher forum slang. Will someone let me in on what / who is MQ scopes?

Is that a make of scope or just a reference to Mil Quad reticle?

Thanks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mil Quad.

It's in vogue to use a sniper scope on 50 yard brush bucks.

Make sure the bullet has a high BC, might be windy, etc..

That said I need to save up for a little better spotting scope....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depends on what and where and how much you hunt, spending 1500 on a scope in my parts is not great money spent, IMHO, [bleep] rarely pass 100 yards and if I need to shoot farther, I'll squint a little.

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks Sam.

I take it the Mil Quads (MQ's) referred to are the SWFA fixed 6x42 and 10x42 scopes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I have yet to posses one myself, but have heard some very good things about them.

Thanks again.

gundog

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gundog
Thanks Sam.

I take it the Mil Quads (MQ's) referred to are the SWFA fixed 6x42 and 10x42 scopes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I have yet to posses one myself, but have heard some very good things about them.

Thanks again.

gundog

👍

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have settled for many years on Leupold VX3 scopes for all My rifles, For Me the line of diminishing returns in the scope market hits pretty hard above this price range, VX3 scopes are rugged, reliable and I have never had a problem with any of them holding zero......I dont own any rifles I consider to be high dollar, My rifles have all cost in the $600-$1000 range.......Hb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I've been spending more money on optics lately. For years my typical rifle scope was $400-$500.The last couple years it seems I prefer the $700-$800 range.Now I'm considering my next scope purchase in the $1200-$1400 range,but that range has me considering a new rifle purchase instead. I don't "need" either a new rifle or a new scope. I was just wondering if you guys enjoy having more rifles or better glass.What's the typical price range of your scopes?

Well....... scope upgrades can make good rifles great, whereas buying a new rifle is a crapshoot that goes wherever it goes.... fun, but not always a step forward! I have some really good rifles, because I sold or fixed the ones that weren't, so I've been much more inclined to make them even better with optics upgrades. And/or new barrels. A simpler, and more reliable path to excellence than doing the N+1 rifle thing.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE buying rifles! The only thing I love more is hitting what I'm aiming at. World class aiming devices on excellent rifles are the path. And I'm not made of money. Scopes it is.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Have one I'm about to upgrade just because of older eyes and putting on a scope with larger field a bigger crosshair. Usually I don't, scope on that one has been on there 20 years after the previous one failed that had been on there for 15 years. As far as price the 5-700 range ones have been good for me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'T3,

It's not a bad way to roll for Utility. I oft strap the holster to a backpack,for Cast & Blast pursuits,so it'll ride higher when fording icy waters in pursuit.

I sorta try not to submerge electronics,but it do happen..............

Mojo,

Always give credit where it is due and Raghorn latched onto those rings before I and christened 'em. Once you see 'em,you gotta stab 'em everywhere,given their power to weight ratio,surface area and copious inclination,all in a sanitary wrapper.

I hear good thangs about The Illuminatti and having an erector that houses 60+ Mils,really don't suck.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Actual use,really fhuqks with Flatland Fence Hopping Window Licker's heads...but it never ain't not funny...............(grin)

'dog,

I've heard of a MQ too.

Laughing!..............

Sammo,

I'd buy the video of you and JeffZero "critiquing" a riflescope,to the absolute BEST of your "abilities". Congratulations?!?

It'd be mean of me to mention,that a FFP Spotter of the like lineal measurement value of your windshields/turrets...just might could literally connect dots. Mebbe you and JeffZero could go "halfsies"? Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You "hard chargers" REALLY "get after it" and "know" your stuff.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'savage,

Cheer up,very fhuqking few folks have a clue...you sure as schit ain't alone,as this and all othe Threads quantify. Congratulations?!?

Be sure to squint,while you read them facts.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'lbs,

At least you get the sweet "satisfaction" of reading about it and looking at the pics. You too,REALLY "know" scopes. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'billy,

I've failed quite a few Reupold variables,of multiple Model,with the A/O schit easily being the most tender.

I reckon that's because I actually shoot more than a smidge. That'd be what we in da' bidness,call a gross understatement. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

JeffZero,

Not even you,could cite a DUMBER Fhuqk than you. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'57,

GOOD call,not to cite the particulars of the Goat Fhuqks that "worked" for you for 20yrs,or the new "larger field" bitch. Congratulations?!?

It is never not fhuqking hilarious,how the obvious reliably escapes THE dumbest of fhuqks.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!......................

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 12344mag, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.