Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That's the advice for University of Arizona students when they are slapped with a 'microaggression'.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/17/snowflake-watch-safe-words-for-safe-spaces.html
Citizens have 911. Employees have the EEOC. Distressed sailors have the Coast Guard.

But what do America’s college students have? Where can they turn when they find themselves outside campus “safe spaces” and suffering a “microaggression”?

Fortunately, the University of Arizona has an answer. It recently distributed a 20-page booklet suggesting to faculty that when a student is victimized by a microaggression the appropriate response should be saying “ouch.” And the correct response for the offender should be saying “oops,” according to the guide.

“If a student feels hurt or offended by another student’s comment, the hurt student can say ‘ouch.’ In acknowledgement, the student who made the hurtful comment says “oops.” If necessary, there can be further dialogue about this exchange.”

The guide was authored by Jesus Treviño, vice provost of the big taxpayer-funded university, whose salary reportedly is $214,000 per year.

For those unfamiliar with the apparently epidemic scale of microaggression and thus not able to spot such offenses, the booklet offers a definition: Microaggressions are “the everyday verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs or insults, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative messages to target persons based solely upon their marginalized group membership.”

The University of Arizona isn’t the first to suggest the “ouch”/”oops” protocol. Iowa State University, among others, has also urged a similar approach.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
words fail me.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It would be so much fun to go to college today, the possibilities are endless.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How the hell can these balls of fluff survive? That said, they seem to have little problem with rioting, quelling freedom of speech, etc.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How about saying GYF; or would that be a macro-aggression?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why would one say "Good For You" when "You're a phuocin' idiot" works so much better and cannot be misunderstood?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I suppose "Suck it up, Buttercup!" is too aggressive?

How about "Pull you big girl panties up and deal with it!".

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OOPS.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So when I read this, I wanted to throw up........ then I realized that in very short time these nitwits will be running the country.... and I doubt I will be able to stop myself from throwing up this time.

Last edited by bobinpa; 03/17/17.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CraigD
How about saying GYF; or would that be a macro-aggression?

That is the proper response to a snowflake saying "ouch".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just say STFU Donny.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
With regard to Senor Trevino..

It's a privilege to watch genius at work.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"yat ta da yat"
"Ouch"
"Get over it"
"ouch"
"fugg off idiot snowflake"

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I suppose "Suck it up, Buttercup!" is too aggressive?

I've recently started using that with my 10 year old. Don't know if I'm an azzhat for waiting too long, or starting too soon. Has to be one or the other though.

At least he won't be a college snowflake needing safe spaces and the ouch/oops protocol.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
When I grew up, if someone hurt your feelings, there was a fight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
With regard to Senor Trevino..

It's a privilege to watch genius at work.

Ya, I mean he could just sit around and do nothing of any consequence and STILL rake in two hundred thousand a year, but he doesn't.

As vice provost for diversity and inclusion and senior diversity officer, Treviño will work closely with the UA's Diversity Coordinating Council, Diversity Task Force, shared governance groups, senior leaders and others on campus with diversity and inclusion-related responsibilities to leverage and extend the University's efforts and to position diversity as a key competitive advantage for the UA.

Treviño has worked extensively on diversity issues in higher education and most recently served as associate vice president for diversity and senior diversity officer at the University of South Dakota. He has also served as a higher education consultant, specializing in campus intergroup relations in inclusive excellence and campus diversity for several universities.

"I'm looking forward to becoming part of the University of Arizona Wildcat family, coming to Tucson and working on diversity and inclusion,"

Dunno what he got his PhD in, "Diversity" would be my first guess.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In my own limited experience with Departments of Diversity on college campuses, that most often means "Hispanic" and is usually presented in Spanish.

I have been given to understand that I myself am not diverse.

Perverse maybe, but not diverse.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
A more proper response might be to give the snowflake something to say ouch about. You see, no more "micro-agression." It would have graduated to macro-agression. Of course you would have to be careful not to do anything illegal.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Lighten up, Francis..."

Now with even more aplomb
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
What gets me the most is these are college age kids,20-24 yr old,not 10- 12,JC.
what are we these kids going to do in the real world??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.