O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rlott
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by rlott
Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

I only knew one fat legged overweight female bum during my time in the service. That big ole' heifer could calibrate the microwave devices the fleet Sailors used to maintain their fire control radars to absolute precision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for her we need smart people in the military it's very high-tech .
What we don't need is people who aren't interested -don't put out and are waiting on their pension .
What we don't need is an over weight whatever color male or female saying " ohh --long breath -ohh I hate it but I got six more years before I can retire" . She has probably did as little as possible for a long time and is riding out one thing --PENSION .

Well,,,, I get that particular point...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK

To be clear -it's sometimes hard to get across exactly what you want to say on the interwebs.

Combats soldiers deserve the worlds best pay and treatment -ok.

Smart people like DigitalDan are a great value to the military -ok .

Badasses like Jorge -who risk their lives on bombing runs and possibly being a hated prisoner of war deserve a top of the line retirement and benefits -ok .

Soldiers who fought in combat were mentally and physically hurt deserve "first in line " -"all the time" over others .-ok

I guess benchman scott & scott and a few others put themselves in the do nothing catagory .

What I'm saying again is there doesn't need to be people doing a job in a meess hall -driving a bus around the base -standing around in an eye clinic -doughnut girl doing whatever -etc. etc. that should be subbed out or something .
You can say 'when they signed on they could be sent into combat' yeah "could" but weren't they rode out a pension -many of my motorcycle riding military buddies told me they were staying in for the pension .

A friend of mine Harley has 4 lads in his neighborhood [mid 20's now] -two are brothers -all long time friends . They went to talk to a recruiter and such but didn't want to be in the army/navy/marines -said they didn't want to fight in a war -they wanted a "job" in the AirForce -only one of them had a good enough test score and all were 25-40 pounds overweight . They would come by Harleys house and talk about how they would work at losing weight if they would let them in the AF and they wanted to be stationed locally here like Hurlburt or Eglin .
That mentality was the same as Bobs -who again --Bob was coached on how to have a career in the AF and get a retirement . When I would kid Bob about it he would point out how he wasn't the only one and laugh about it. I say Bob doesn't deserve a lifelong retirement and healthcare -that money could go to a soldier/pilot/person doing dangerous stuff who really needs and deserves it . OK

You don't like what I say you can kiss my country ass ..

Last edited by ol_mike; 03/19/17.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So, I guess you'll be volunteering to be a cook at an FOB in Afghanistan? Bus driver in Baghdad? We'll pay you minimum wage and even provide you a plane ticket you aragant prick. Maybe your brother who hasn't paid income taxes since the 80s is interested? I'm sure they can find use for you building stuff with your construction background. I'll bet you could get $10 an hour. Keep your head down. In your case, I guess you'd have to pull it out of your ass first.

GFY. Seriously.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Bob nor jay nor rick went to any war zone ..
Whoever did deserves a retirement . real simple !

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I'm living proof that their is no age limit on being a snowflake

AMEN

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I never went to a war zone. I floated around the GOA in 35 foot seas enjoying my Alaskan cruise.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yup that's not a "standing around in the eye clinic" job is it.

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by MOGC
Please say it ain't so --anybody who works for or has worked for the federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time off than the private sector .
What kind of barbarian doesn't understand that ....

President Trump needs to wait until the second term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers --soldier who worked in the Eye clinic etc. .
Make the vast majority of benefits go to the soldiers risking their lives in war away from their families for long periods of time . Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

"Soldiers risking their lives in war"... Thats actually only about 15% of the current military, isn't it? Where and how do you draw the line on the non combat support staff and/or stateside personnel that makes up the vast majority of the military?

That is easy, anyone who lived to the end of their enlistment is just shoved out on the street with nothing. Any one who is service connected disabled is just strapped down and their organs harvested until there is nothing worthwhile left. It will save the poor snowflakes billions in tax dollars, get somewhere around half the homeless off the streets, you know, those [bleep] who served and left part of their minds in some hell hole. While we are at it lets make a clean break and stop all SS. Put whatever is in SS into building a wall or something useful. Old people are worthless anyway.

Scott! I didn't know you were from San Francisco! Which cafe' do you hang out in? I hear those statements all the time. Of course, people lower their voices if they know I am near.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So, in your mind, an E1, straight out of boot camp with zero experience in doing whatever his or her job is, gets deployed and for this deserves a retirement, while the senior NCO or Warrant Officer or commissioned officer with 20+ years of experience doesn't get deployed and ends up staying stateside, keeping things operating here, deserves nothing?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please say it ain't so --anybody who works for or has worked for the federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time off than the private sector .

President Trump needs to wait until the second term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers --soldier who worked in the Eye clinic etc. .
Make the vast majority of benefits go to the soldiers risking their lives in war away from their families for long periods of time . Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

"Soldiers risking their lives in war"... Thats actually only about 15% of the current military, isn't it? Where and how do you draw the line on the non combat support staff and/or stateside personnel that makes up the vast majority of the military?

That is easy, anyone who lived to the end of their enlistment is just shoved out on the street with nothing. Any one who is service connected disabled is just strapped down and their organs harvested until there is nothing worthwhile left. It will save the poor snowflakes billions in tax dollars, get somewhere around half the homeless off the streets, you know, those [bleep] who served and left part of their minds in some hell hole. While we are at it lets make a clean break and stop all SS. Put whatever is in SS into building a wall or something useful. Old people are worthless anyway.

You really believe half the homeless are former military?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Harry M
In my Government Jeremy would have income for life, free health care, shelter and my undying gratitude that he deserves.

Harry M for (Next) President. You have my vote.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yup that's not a "standing around in the eye clinic" job is it.

Yup, and you haven't a clue about logistics.

Is there anyone near your right now that has actually had a job that required some intelligence? If so, put them on the computer so we can further discuss.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What I'm saying again is there doesn't need to be people doing a job in a meess hall -driving a bus around the base -standing around in an eye clinic -doughnut girl doing whatever -etc. etc. that should be subbed out or something .

I wonder why the generals didn't think of that? grin grin grin grin grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I never went to a war zone. I floated around the GOA in 35 foot seas enjoying my Alaskan cruise.

Yes but it wasn't "dangerous".

Last edited by Scott F; 03/19/17.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes but it wasn't dangerous.

I'd rephrase that to "as dangerous".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff

You really believe half the homeless are former military?

Several years ago I read a report that said over 50% were veterans who had service related mental problems and were off their meds. I have no idea if that is still a good figure but I would bet it is close.

There are reported to be between 22 and 35 veteran suicides a day. I find that heart breaking.

Last edited by Scott F; 03/19/17.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Looks like I was wrong about the numbers today. It seems to be around 25%.

Homeless Veterans

Published by the National Coalition for the Homeless, September 2009

This fact sheet examines homelessness among U.S. veterans. A list of resources for further study is also provided.

BACKGROUND

Far too many veterans are homeless in America—between 130,000 and 200,000 on any given night—representing between one fourth and one-fifth of all homeless people. Three times that many veterans are struggling with excessive rent burdens and thus at increased risk of homelessness.
Further, there is concern about the future. Women veterans and those with disabilities including post traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury are more likely to become homeless, and a higher percentage of veterans returning from the current conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq have these characteristics.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs estimates that 131,000 veterans are homeless on any given night [1]. And approximately twice that many experience homelessness over the course of a year. Conservatively, one out of every three homeless men who is sleeping in a doorway, alley or box in our cities and rural communities has put on a uniform and served this country.

Approximately 40% of homeless men are veterans, although veterans comprise only 34% of the general adult male population. The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans estimates that on any given night, 200,000 veterans are homeless, and 400,000 veterans will experience homelessness during the course of a year (National Coalition for Homeless Veterans, 2006). 97% of those homeless veterans will be male (Department of Veterans Affairs, 2008).

DEMOGRAPHICS

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) says the nation's homeless veterans are mostly males (four percent are females). The vast majority is single, most come from poor, disadvantaged communities, 45 percent suffer from mental illness, and half have substance abuse problems. America’s homeless veterans have served in World War II, Korean War, Cold War, Vietnam War, Grenada, Panama, Lebanon, Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan), Operation Iraqi Freedom, or the military’s anti-drug cultivation efforts in South America. 47 per cent of homeless veterans served during the Vietnam Era. More than 67 per cent served our country for at least three years and 33 per cent were stationed in a war zone.

Here are some statistics concerning the veterans homeless [2]:

23% of homeless population are veterans
33% of male homeless population are veterans
47% Vietnam Era
17% post-Vietnam
15% pre-Vietnam
67% served three or more years
33% stationed in war zone
25% have used VA Homeless Services
85% completed high school/GED, compared to 56% of non-veterans
89% received Honorable Discharge
79% reside in central cities
16% reside in suburban areas
5% reside in rural areas
76% experience alcohol, drug, or mental health problems
46% white males compared to 34% non-veterans
46% age 45 or older compared to 20% non-veterans

Female homeless veterans represent an estimated 3% of homeless veterans. They are more likely than male homeless veterans to be married and to suffer serious psychiatric illness, but less likely to be employed and to suffer from addiction disorders. Comparisons of homeless female veterans and other homeless women have found no differences in rates of mental illness or addictions.
http://www.nationalhomeless.org/factsheets/veterans.html

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Yes but it wasn't dangerous.

I'd rephrase that to "as dangerous".

Damned auto correct!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Scott! I didn't know you were from San Francisco! Which cafe' do you hang out in? I hear those statements all the time. Of course, people lower their voices if they know I am near.

As well they should! grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You don't like what I say you can kiss my country ass ..

Seems to me that would mean kissing just about anywhere on you.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,295
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.