Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by Deflagrate
46 in 9.3x57 Really handy and light. Much thump.

I always thought that would be a heck of a pig rifle.

They are!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Ok, it's not a 46 but a 146 in 9.3x57. Still a good hog thumper! Deer too!!! wink

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by limofarm
I have been looking at a S&W A in 22-250, I think its the same as a 9000. It's not a bad price. Would parts be hard to find if needed?
I don't need it, but it looks like it would be great for coyotes. What do you guys think?

Cocking piece, firing pin, firing pin spring, bolt shroud lock, bolt shroud spring, magazine follower, and magazine spring are all the same as any Mauser 98. The Bolt Shroud will interchange with any 98 Mauser but, the Husky comes with the Commercial FN style without safety.

Triggers are unique though people have used/modified Mauser 98 Timney triggers. Timney used to make one for Huskys under the importer "Tradewinds" name, but discontinued them decades ago.

Barrels are threaded the same as small ring pre-98 Mauser, same as Swedish 95/96/38.
Mauser 98 stocks can be adapted.

xxxx, trigger guard, floorplate are Husqvarna unique and hard to come by.

Edit: The 1600 series rifles like 1640, 1900, use 3/8" dovetail sights. Lyman/Marble will work.

Last edited by Deflagrate; 03/22/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

What model is that?

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Outstanding!!!

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by limofarm
I have been looking at a S&W A in 22-250, I think its the same as a 9000. It's not a bad price. Would parts be hard to find if needed?
I don't need it, but it looks like it would be great for coyotes. What do you guys think?

Cocking piece, firing pin, firing pin spring, bolt shroud lock, bolt shroud spring, magazine follower, and magazine spring are all the same as any Mauser 98. The Bolt Shroud will interchange with any 98 Mauser but, the Husky comes with the Commercial FN style without safety.

Triggers are unique though people have used/modified Mauser 98 Timney triggers. Timney used to make one for Huskys under the importer "Tradewinds" name, but discontinued them decades ago.

Barrels are threaded the same as small ring pre-98 Mauser, same as Swedish 95/96/38.
Mauser 98 stocks can be adapted.

xxxx, trigger guard, floorplate are Husqvarna unique and hard to come by.

Edit: The 1600 series rifles like 1640, 1900, use 3/8" dovetail sights. Lyman/Marble will work.

If it is a 9000 series, the action is the newer 1900 push feed action. Parts for those are nearly impossible to find, from my understanding.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My Husky is a S&W branded 30.06. It is super light and has a slick action that is comparable to my Krag. It had a really awful finish on the stock when I got it that could only be described as a monkey-schmidt yellow color. After several attempts to strip the shiny finish with no luck, I got a buddy to try it. He not only got the old finish off, he refinished the wood with the stuff they used to finish Garands with....it turned out a much more acceptable reddish color. The wood is something called 'arctic birch' according to a Husky guru, and I think this finish is probably as good as could be expected.

I finally took a deer with it two months ago, a nice little 6 point. The 30.06 got the expected results. BTW, the first group I fired with it was about a half inch CTC.

Before:
[Linked Image]

After:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hook; 03/22/17.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Does anyone still makes parts for these actions should a part break or need replacement?

Or as a previous poster said, do parts for other Mauser actions fit as a rule?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The FN actions and 1640 actions are serviceable as explained earlier. The later 1900 actions are, from what I've heard, not (made in the late 60s and early 70s). The 1900 action is pictured in Hook's post. The 1640 action is pictured in Kingston's post.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not yet but I'll let you know next season. grin

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
what I was looking at is like the Hook has.
And what little I have looked, I can't find parts. I think I will pass on it.

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I can read what I type 3 times before I send it and still miss a mistake.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a S&W A with an 8000 series action in 22-250. It is accurate, but has a 1-14" ROT, so heavier bullets aren't a viable option.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
[Linked Image]

What model is that?

I believe it's a 1640 Standard non-export model. It's chambered in 30-06. It's a more recent Simpson import.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I believe it's a 1640 Standard non-export model. It's chambered in 30-06. It's a more recent Simpson import.

I remember the distinctive figure on the left of the butt.
Don't tell everyone where to go. The good ones sell too fast now!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This rifle was bought on GB a few years ago. I paid dearly for it. It was particularly clean and complete. I believe the front sight hood is original. I'm in constant fear of loosing it while afield. I added NOS Tradewinds QR mounts and the little Leupold.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I remember having to fabricate/rebuild one of those non 98 Mauser, push down, bolt stop-releases once on a customers rifle. Apparently the bolt lug, thru use, finally sheared off the old stop. We looked everywhere for a replacement then and could not locate one.

Kinda soured me on that model. Anyone else seen this happen? Curious?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This rifle was bought on GB a few years ago. I paid dearly for it. It was particularly clean and complete. I believe the front sight hood is original. I'm in constant fear of loosing it while afield. I added NOS Tradewinds QR mounts and the little Leupold.

It's a nice clean one alright! Those sight hoods are almost impossible to find.

Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I remember having to fabricate/rebuild one of those non 98 Mauser, push down, bolt stop-releases once on a customers rifle. Apparently the bolt lug, thru use, finally sheared off the old stop. We looked everywhere for a replacement then and could not locate one.

Kinda soured me on that model. Anyone else seen this happen? Curious?

I've read of others having them break so I am very careful of mine. It's seems a little rinky-dink considering the rest of the rifle. They are impossible to find too. I guess we have to weigh the impossibility of getting parts against our desire to have that svelte rifle.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Here's a website with a list of all models of Husqvarna.
http://www.skydevaaben.com/allhvamodels/info.xml

And here is a page of serial numbers and year of production.
http://www.skydevaaben.com/hvasno/info.xml

There is a very good forum moderated by one of the world's experts on Husqvarna rifles. I think it's forbidden to post the link, but the moderator is SBVHA. He can answer any question you may have.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If I could stumble across a Mannlicher 9.3x57 it would buy it immediately

“Lighten up Francis”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

There is a very good forum moderated by one of the world's experts on Husqvarna rifles. I think it's forbidden to post the link, but the moderator is SBVHA. He can answer any question you may have.

IIRC, SBVHA passed last year.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (406_SBC, 14idaho, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 13 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.