Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
A chicken in every pot and a blond in every pond.

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The democrats should have started lobbying for free swim lessons.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Ted Kennedy"s car has killed more people than any of my guns!!
...... Remember those bumper stickers? It was the first thing I thought of when seeing the thread title. Even back in the late '60's the old media double standard was alive and well. Also; years ago weren't there other bumper stickers about "more people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than in ________"........Fill in the blank, was it "nuclear power plants"? or something. I'm a bit hazy on it but there were others.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
[quote=Gus]there's been more people kilt at chappaquidick than ever was kilt by nuclear accidents in the us. no?

Incorrect. There have been some fatal accidents at the Idaho National Lab in years past. Not explosive but radiation leaks. [/quote

ok. fair enough. i'm not going to quibble.

there's been more people kilt w/kennedy at chappaquickick than any of my many guns have kilt anyone.

what diff does it make if kennedy kilt anyone? kennedy had a death on his hands, no?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep,he should have been charged with several things.

That said up there at that time he would not have been convicted of much.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Remember the fake VW ad in "Mad" magazine back then???

"If Ted drove a VW he would b president today"

Alluding to the fact that Beetles would float.

I personally do NOT think there was any accident involved.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm offended by this thread.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The "Kennedy girls" were a group of young women that worked for him and were handed around by all his pals for sex.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If there is a hell, I hope old man Joe Kennedy is rotting there.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While a lot of folks will say that Ted Kennedy got away with everything because he was a Democrat, I believe it was much more than that. During that time period, the Kennedy clan was very well connected, both politically and socially. The family was ran like almost like a Mafia "family", as they knew who's palms to grease, and had enough clout to do pretty much do as they wanted, especially in the state of Massachusetts. I think, that without a doubt, Teddy was the worst of the lot. Why the voters of that state kept electing him, I'll never understand. I was never a fan of any of them, especially Bobby and Teddy. I've often thought that it was a good thing that only one Kennedy was elected president.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Ted Kennedy"s car has killed more people than any of my guns!!

yeah someone made a lot of money selling those bumper stickers back in those days...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr
While a lot of folks will say that Ted Kennedy got away with everything because he was a Democrat, I believe it was much more than that. During that time period, the Kennedy clan was very well connected, both politically and socially. The family was ran like almost like a Mafia "family", as they knew who's palms to grease, and had enough clout to do pretty much do as they wanted, especially in the state of Massachusetts. I think, that without a doubt, Teddy was the worst of the lot. Why the voters of that state kept electing him, I'll never understand. I was never a fan of any of them, especially Bobby and Teddy. I've often thought that it was a good thing that only one Kennedy was elected president.

I went to college up there.. I remember there was one during election period, some unemployed guy with the last name of Kennedy ( no relation to the JFK clan) picked a moron style job, and got his name on the ballot....

No one would run against him, as they considered it a waste of time, since his last name was Kennedy.. they just assumed he was one of the Family....so of course he was elected with no one running against him....

Remember following that in one of my Poli Sci classes....it was pretty funny... the Prof had presented it and brought it to the attention of the class....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just think, had he been driving a VW beetle, He would have been president....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
[quote=Gus]there's been more people kilt at chappaquidick than ever was kilt by nuclear accidents in the us. no?

Incorrect. There have been some fatal accidents at the Idaho National Lab in years past. Not explosive but radiation leaks. [/quote

ok. fair enough. i'm not going to quibble.

there's been more people kilt w/kennedy at chappaquickick than any of my many guns have kilt anyone.

what diff does it make if kennedy kilt anyone? kennedy had a death on his hands, no?

The one fatal accident at INEL that I'm aware of wasn't really an accident. An operator was upset of a coworker having an affair with his wife and manually pulled a control rod out of the reactor causing the reactor to go prompt critical resulting a steam explosion. They found him pinned to the ceiling by the control rod.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Chappaquiddick?? Oh man that's a great drink, made with Scotch and uhh....dark murky water.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
The drunken louse murdered a pregnant girl and lost two brothers and a nephew for his trouble, oh well, must be that karma thing again.

Seems to follow them like a shadow , RIP Marylin

.... like tears in the rain
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by gunner500
The drunken louse murdered a pregnant girl and lost two brothers and a nephew for his trouble, oh well, must be that karma thing again.

Seems to follow them like a shadow , RIP Marylin

You bet, couldn't happen to a nicer group.

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (204guy, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,608
Posts18,532,787
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.