Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I thought you already had a load for that rifle that "shot too many 500-yard sub two-inch groups to count"?

Somehow, I hope your "elk hunt" goes better than "next week's shooting video"....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'd personally have to see a decent sample size of high velocity impacts at closer ranges of, say 50-125 yards for me to be sold on the ELD-X. Not saying they won't be great, just unknown to me.

Accubond's are a proven killer.

Not a big sample, but I know a guy that shot a big cow elk here in Nebraska at less than 100 yards. The ELD-X, from a 6.5x55 AI, exited the cow.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Skatchewan, sorry for tardy response, but yes lots lot experience with the 140gr SP Hornady. Some years ago I used it out of a 6.5x.06. I killed deer, antelope, and elk with it. I'd say took twenty or more animals with it. The bullets that I recovered all looked like the Hornady ads. What's more accuracy was great too. To be clear, today and for the past 10 years or so I've used the Nosler Partition for all of my hunting. Never the less, I consider, based on experience, the Hornady SP line to be fine bullets. BTW a younger brother of mine uses the 162gr Hornady SP out of an 7STW for all of his hunting. Which has been everything from moose to antelope. Just this year I saw him shoot a nice 6 point bull elk that went straight down at the shot. DRT The bullet broke the off side shoulder, exited and as far as I know it's still going. Hope this helps.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by super T
Skatchewan, sorry for tardy response, but yes lots lot experience with the 140gr SP Hornady. Some years ago I used it out of a 6.5x.06. I killed deer, antelope, and elk with it. I'd say took twenty or more animals with it. The bullets that I recovered all looked like the Hornady ads. What's more accuracy was great too. To be clear, today and for the past 10 years or so I've used the Nosler Partition for all of my hunting. Never the less, I consider, based on experience, the Hornady SP line to be fine bullets. BTW a younger brother of mine uses the 162gr Hornady SP out of an 7STW for all of his hunting. Which has been everything from moose to antelope. Just this year I saw him shoot a nice 6 point bull elk that went straight down at the shot. DRT The bullet broke the off side shoulder, exited and as far as I know it's still going. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Your dancing past the obvious choice just to be stubborn: the 140 Partition.

Why not use it and eliminate all the silly questions that are running through your head?!

You can buy a box or two of Partitions, get your load developed, then run it with 140 Hornadys for practice, as they will almost always track identical to 500 yards.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used a 127 LRX Barnes in my 6.5-06 at 2950 fps on my BC Moose. I shot it in the head at 50 yards facing me. The bullet went thru the head under his right eye thru the spine and was found against the hide at his left shoulder. It had lost all it pedals two we found were it went thru the spine 1 was found at the shoulder with the bullet and the other penetrated between ribs and went into the lungs we didnt find it, I thought that was outstanding performance.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,095
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.