-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life's to short to worry about such trivial things.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When walking on a sidewalk with the wife, I'm always on the traffic side too.

There are just lots of things I think men should do. I still don't understand men wearing ball caps as their normal, go out attire.

I bet some of you don't even take the dishes out of the sink before you piss.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Marshgrass
In a place where you head does not need protection from either sun or rain, the hat should come off.

Wearing a hat for any other reason is nothing more than a fashion statement. If you are so obsessed with making a fashion statement that you chose to defy common courtesy, you are most likely not someone I would want to spend a great deal of time around.

When either of my sons got in my truck with their hat on, it was always the same question "Are you expecting to rain in here? If not, please take your hat off."

Why does this not apply to footwear and clothing?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by ironbender
Mine comes off for the National Anthem, the Flag, usually meals, and to sleep.

What about sex?

No thanks. I'm straight.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wear baseball caps- mostly in the summer and they're normally worn as a sweatband during things like hiking or working outside. I also wear them on sunny days to help block sun from above the rim of my sunglasses. I'm not the cowboy hat type. And unless you're in a Cabela's around here you'd be hard pressed to find a cowboy hat on someone's head.

I do wear my bright red MAGA hat more and more. Fun to see who smiles and who gets pissed. That one I wear for the sake of reactions.

ETA: As to indoors/outdoors- it comes off to eat. Period. but may not come off in a restaurant until I sit down. It does not necessarily come off indoors. It always comes off to pay respects.

Last edited by bigfish9684; 03/30/17.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image]
lol!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cra1948
My boys know how to wear a hat and when not to wear it. I don't care if I'm going inside Walmart, I take my hat off. I also open doors for females (if I can recognize them as such.) My boys also know enough not to start gobbling their food until everyone is seated, grace has been said and the lady of the house starts to eat.

You and I are from the same world Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Marshgrass
In a place where you head does not need protection from either sun or rain, the hat should come off.

Wearing a hat for any other reason is nothing more than a fashion statement. If you are so obsessed with making a fashion statement that you chose to defy common courtesy, you are most likely not someone I would want to spend a great deal of time around.

When either of my sons got in my truck with their hat on, it was always the same question "Are you expecting to rain in here? If not, please take your hat off."

What kind of fughin' moron expects a person to walk around Cabelas carrying his hat?

You extend that schit to cowboy hats around here and you'll get your ass stomped.

Dave

MPB rearing its ugly head again.

Bald is beautiful!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Ditto.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
What kind of fughin' moron expects a person to walk around Cabelas carrying his hat?

You extend that schit to cowboy hats around here and you'll get your ass stomped.

Dave

laugh laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The traffic side would also be the side the chamber pot contents would land when they were emptied out the window.
That was why the man walked on that side, I was told.
NOW, that would be a good time to have the head covered.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Never in someone else's home.

Damn sure never as a kid at the table, and only occasionally now if dining with a bunch of buds at a camp or some such.

Sometimes indoors at a big meeting hall, gymnasium or similar.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
vfw is about the only place i take my hat off. but then again i rarely wear a hat anyway.

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm not gonna knock anybodies hat off (outside my house), except my kids...outside of McDonald's maybe.

Grew up that way (take hat off indoors, especially if eating out). Good reason, I don't know. Probably not. We would at least put on a button up shirt and clean pants as well.

Lot's has changed. Has it been for the better? I don't think so. Still think anyone who wears a hat at the table is a bit of a low-life. Good reason? Maybe, maybe not. But will say abandonment of all the 'stupid' values of our past is often not as good a deal as cracked up to be.

In other words, take off ya damn hat at the table.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
if someone asks you to remove your hat at
their residence, common courtesy would dictate
that you do so.

a related aside - don't wear spurs in the store.
contractors don't wear their tool belts, and
doctors don't wear surgical masks and stethoscopes
etc.
anyway, if you have a horse that you need to use
spurs with it wasn't trained properly or needs to
be taken to the packing house.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JMR40
There are lots of old useless traditions that are no longer observed. Many started for practical reasons, but once those reasons were no longer needed the tradition dies. There was a time when men and women sat on opposite sides in church. There was a time when not wearing an undershirt under your regular shirt was not allowed.

And I don't always wear a ball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes. The right type will keep my head warm regardless of the direction it is worn. And backwards is less likely to get knocked off when moving through brush or riding an ATV.

That said, I won't wear my hat or cap in church, during a funeral, prayer or during the National Anthem. But otherwise indoors is fine. I'm not going to walk around in the grocery store, mall or sporting goods store holding my hat/cap in my hands.

Yeah, pretty much this. I learned long ago that there is a difference between doing the right thing and just doing stuff this way because we always have. If it's an empty tradition then the hell with it. If it means something or honors someone or something I follow with the locals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Middle school orientation, the principal told the kids "if you have your pack and your hands full, wear the hat to your locker, then leave it there". I was impressed, as a kid I remember teachers standing screaming at the kid's to take their hats off. In their most condescending voice. It seems we have reached a sensible compromise, manners vs common sense. I love wearing a ball cap into the school for functions, they can't screw with me now. wink

I physically can't wear a hat at the table. If I forget I feel guilty as heck when I notice and move it to my knee, or set it on my wife's purse, she won't let me forget it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It would seem that there are a lot of rules that I should be concerned about for which I have little regard. Those that would remove the hats of others have probably not actually done that..... twice.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

There are just lots of things I think men should do. I still don't understand men wearing ball caps as their normal, go out attire.

I bet some of you don't even take the dishes out of the sink before you piss.

Post of the day!!

LMAO!!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In today's world, this would be last on my list of concerns.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,514
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.