Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You make the call.

Deputies: Homeowner arrested after shooting intruder in shower

BELFAIR, Wash. - A homeowner was arrested Saturday morning after he shot and killed an intruder who was taking a shower in his home, Mason County Sheriff's deputies said.

Mason County Coroner Wes Stockwell identified the man who was killed as Nathaniel Joseph Rosa, 31, of Bothell.

The homeowner owns two pieces of property that sit next to each other along East Trails Road. One has a house that he lives in. He runs an internet-based business out of a home on the other piece of property, which is where the shooting occurred, deputies said.

The deadly confrontation happened just before 8 A.M. Saturday when the owner arrived to do some work for his business, deputies said. He noticed a window screen out in the yard, and someone had forced open the front door.

The man went inside and confronted another man he found in his shower, deputies said. The homeowner left after the two exchanged words.

"He returned home. retrieved a firearm, came back over to the residence and fired multiple rounds into the shower... killing the intruder," said Mason County Sheriff's Lt. Travis Adams.

The homeowner called 9-1-1 and told dispatchers that he had just shot & killed an intruder, Adams said.

It’s not clear how long Rosa had been inside the home, but detectives don’t believe the homeowner gave him any warnings before he fired his gun, they said.

Deputies later arrested the homeowner for 2nd degree murder. They believe he had ample time to call for help when he went back home.

"Certainly he had an opportunity to call law enforcement at that time," Adams said. "And we’ve contacted our local prosecutor, explained the circumstances to him, and he agrees that 2nd degree murder was an appropriate charge in this case."

Investigators said the homeowner is cooperating with detectives.
Detectives don’t believe Rosa was armed when he was killed, they said.

Carpe' Scrotum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He should have had his weapon when he first found him,
even then he needs to justify under Wash. S/D law...

"allows a person to use reasonable force to defend themselves when they are being attacked
or have a reasonable belief that they are about to be attacked."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Kinda hard to say your life was in danger when you're able to leave and come back.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Left to get his gun, and returned to shoot the guy while he was still in the shower?

Was the owner afraid the hot water bill was going to kill him?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
You make the call.

Deputies: Homeowner arrested after shooting intruder in shower

BELFAIR, Wash. - A homeowner was arrested Saturday morning after he shot and killed an intruder who was taking a shower in his home, Mason County Sheriff's deputies said.

Mason County Coroner Wes Stockwell identified the man who was killed as Nathaniel Joseph Rosa, 31, of Bothell.

The homeowner owns two pieces of property that sit next to each other along East Trails Road. One has a house that he lives in. He runs an internet-based business out of a home on the other piece of property, which is where the shooting occurred, deputies said.

The deadly confrontation happened just before 8 A.M. Saturday when the owner arrived to do some work for his business, deputies said. He noticed a window screen out in the yard, and someone had forced open the front door.

The man went inside and confronted another man he found in his shower, deputies said. The homeowner left after the two exchanged words.

"He returned home. retrieved a firearm, came back over to the residence and fired multiple rounds into the shower... killing the intruder," said Mason County Sheriff's Lt. Travis Adams.

The homeowner called 9-1-1 and told dispatchers that he had just shot & killed an intruder, Adams said.

It’s not clear how long Rosa had been inside the home, but detectives don’t believe the homeowner gave him any warnings before he fired his gun, they said.

Deputies later arrested the homeowner for 2nd degree murder. They believe he had ample time to call for help when he went back home.

"Certainly he had an opportunity to call law enforcement at that time," Adams said. "And we’ve contacted our local prosecutor, explained the circumstances to him, and he agrees that 2nd degree murder was an appropriate charge in this case."

Investigators said the homeowner is cooperating with detectives.
Detectives don’t believe Rosa was armed when he was killed, they said.

Gonna have to call that a bad one, he's just lost everything.

IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Based on the report, this one is easy.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If he had a confrontation with with the guy.
Left the premises to get his firearm came back and the guy was still there I would have shot him dead to.

He had his warning with the first confrontation.

What right did the guy have breaking and entering into a home that was not his in the first place.

Nuff Said.

Last edited by funshooter; 04/01/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by funshooter
Left the premises to get his firearm came back and the guy was still there I would have shot him dead to.

What right did the guy have breaking and entering into a home that was not his in the first place.

Nuff Said.

I think you are bluffing.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Nuff Said.

Maybe he thought the owner was going to get him a towel?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Gonna have to call that a bad one, he's just lost everything.

Dumb move for sure.

Last edited by 12344mag; 04/01/17.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He should have at least waited until the guy finished his shower. It's the neighborly thing to do.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Good shoot.

Guy calls cops and they shoot the bastard=good shoot.

Guy doesn't call the cops and shoots the bastard= good shoot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

even if the confrontation was only about the quality of suds or temp of the water?... laugh

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a righteous. Out and back, with no 911 interim?

Moe

Ron.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Anybody who's watched Big Jake, or the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, knew what was about to happen.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Nuff Said.

I have been robbed twice. I was not home ether time.

When it comes to my Family and my property I will shoot first and ask question later.

And in Communist Mexifornia that surly would mean I would be locked up for a long time.

Been close to being locked up for protecting my family two times in the past.

No bluffing with me when it comes to my Family, Neighbors or my Property.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Left to get his gun, and returned to shoot the guy while he was still in the shower?

That's going to a be problem...

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to know who breaks into a home to take a shower?

The shooter is definitely in hot water. He left to retrieve a gun - i.e. successfully retreated out of harm's way so no immediate threat - and then returned to shoot the guy. He's lucky he wasn't charged with premeditated murder. He probably shouldn't have said anything to the police instead of coming clean like he did, hopefully he has a slippery lawyer.

Now if he had only used a butcher knife instead of a gun he could have claimed he was Psycho...

I'm just hoping he didn't say anything really stupid to the victim before shooting, like "it's shower curtains for you..."

If only the victim had used the opportunity to get out of the house, he could have made a clean getaway...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This is a really good example of a really bad shoot.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Kinda hard to say your life was in danger when you're able to leave and come back.

This. You have no duty to retreat, but he did retreat and then returned. He's a dumbass. Go get your gun and call the police and stay in your primary domicile.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.