Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ROMAC
The male version is an incubus

your spelling sucks. it is 'ingwebus'........eeeewwww.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
At an Army school I was at some while back a classmate mentioned that a "boohag" had slept on him last night...said it was SC vernacular for said event.

Regardless the term I suffer these from time to time. Seems it can be almost weekly or years on end. Not fun. That between awake and dreaming feeling, you can see your surroundings but not quite out of sleep. Better hope it happens at about, or after 4:30 AM cause no more sleep that night.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Only three times I've had this wakeful paralysis, which is left over paralysis from sleeping after you've awakened. The first time it was scary. The third time, not so much. The first and third weren't associated with wakeful dreaming, but the middle one was, and it was a nightmare. I won't get into details, but it was pretty damned horrible, and I was awake and could see it all happening around me, along with sound effects to match. I remember looking at my two dogs on the recliner sound asleep, and wondering how they could still be asleep with all this crazy stuff going on all around us, along with the deafening cacophony. Then it disappeared, and I realized it had been some sort of dream state, even though my eyes were open.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
About 3 am last night had a sensation of some dark negative force in the bedroom and then felt this weird cold force move on top of me and could literally feel energy waves coursing through my body. I remember being awake and trying to fight it. I could not move to save myself and of my catholic upbringing. I remember my, dog, who sleeps at the foot of bed, growling in a strange low manner.

Woke up this morning drained and could barely get dressed and make it to work.some bruises on my upper arm. Probably hit the bed post.

Have had this experience a few times in my life. Did some research and pretty interesting.

http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/sleep-paralysis-stories-intruder-demon-or-delusion/

Anyway I always try and approach things in a logical most simple explained manner and enjoy analyzing my dreams. I sometimes wake up when I'm dream and can simultaneously analyze dream at same time in a trance like state. Human brain is pretty amazing.

I've heard of people just saying the Name of Jesus and everything returns to normal instantly. Worth a try next time.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Did the dog wake up happy?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Undergoing the sleep paralysis study didn't help me much . . .

<><><> http://www.thesleepparalysisproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/old_hag1-1.jpg <><><>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
It causes you to kick your wife? I think I'm developing that. [/quote]

lilith isn't her name is it? wikipedia has a bit on Lilith. and we all know how reputable that site is. [/quote]

Lilith is the English version. lee-leeth' is the phonic Hebrew pronunciation. Also used for screech owl.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Japanese call it "in chains". The Thais call it "the ghost who pushes you down" I think.
Sleep Paralysis 'splens all the Aliens' visits coming at night. Used to be Demons, Succubus, Incubus, now Aliens are pop.
It's just bio-chemistry, no need for spells or foil pajamas.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by ribka
About 3 am last night had a sensation of some dark negative force in the bedroom and then felt this weird cold force move on top of me and could literally feel energy waves coursing through my body. I remember being awake and trying to fight it. I could not move to save myself and of my catholic upbringing. I remember my, dog, who sleeps at the foot of bed, growling in a strange low manner.

Woke up this morning drained and could barely get dressed and make it to work.some bruises on my upper arm. Probably hit the bed post.

Have had this experience a few times in my life. Did some research and pretty interesting.

http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/sleep-paralysis-stories-intruder-demon-or-delusion/

Anyway I always try and approach things in a logical most simple explained manner and enjoy analyzing my dreams. I sometimes wake up when I'm dream and can simultaneously analyze dream at same time in a trance like state. Human brain is pretty amazing.

I've heard of people just saying the Name of Jesus and everything returns to normal instantly. Worth a try next time.

Might try that next time. I'd definitely say it would be good for you to say the name of Jesus the next time you fire one of your wildcat's.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I have episodes of sleep paralysis about 5 times a year or so. When it happens I'm awake and see things around me like monsters in my bedroom or strangers standing there looking at me, but I can't move a muscle."

You are just having nightmares.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have had it once and hope I never have it again.

I read that its more prevalent when you sleep on your back and the only time I got it was the rare occasion I was sleeping on my back.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ok, so to delve a bit deeper, did the victims who experienced such an *event* move to fight off the perp, or just lay there and take it, so to speak?

give us details please. a male getting raped is not all that common. and getting raped by a *ghost* type is even less common?

the kids resulting from these so-called rapes, what do they look like?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
like you....

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
terror paralysis is common, but not talked about much, as people think, well your crazy.

they form much of the mythologies of all cultures and my favorite is from Aladdin and 1001 and one Arabian nights. To bad Disney screwed up the stories so much.

From a medical point of view, blood sugar levels fall dramatically around 2 in the morning, and Circadian rhythm takes over. This shot of epinephrine wakes you up but energy levels from low sugar continue and have no energy to "get up" and your adrenals give you a kick with a jolt of cortisol.

The older you are the more insulin resistant you are and the problem continues or become more frequent.

So don't eat high amts. of sugar before bedtime, instead protein. This same mechanism is seen in kids when given ice cream to get them to bed. When the blood levels fall off the detrussor muscle or bladder muscle cannot hold the urine and they wet the bed. And suffer needless psychological damage from parents who caused the problem.

if your old and really give a schit start some insulin resistant drugs such as low doses of metformin or topical testosterone cream.

OK lets see what was I dreaming.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Gus
ok, so to delve a bit deeper, did the victims who experienced such an *event* move to fight off the perp, or just lay there and take it, so to speak?

give us details please. a male getting raped is not all that common. and getting raped by a *ghost* type is even less common?

the kids resulting from these so-called rapes, what do they look like?

In my case there hasn't ever been anything that I can recall being aware of happening to or around me. Just total blackness but awake subconsciously. No nightmares, monsters, aliens, zombies, serial killers, etc. For me the scary part is sometimes it feels have to willfully force myself to take each and every breath.

As I said earlier I'd compare my own experiences with sleep paralysis or what ever you want to call it to what being in a coma might feel like.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to have them when I was a kid. Can distinctly remember having a nightmare entity floating in the room when I 'woke up'.

Worst kind of nightmare I occasionally have now is where I'm dreaming that I'm in Hell and wake up. Only I'm not awake and the nightmare continues. Wash, rinse, repeat.

After finally really wake up, it's pretty much cold sweats for about an hour.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Etoh
terror paralysis is common, but not talked about much, as people think, well your crazy.

they form much of the mythologies of all cultures and my favorite is from Aladdin and 1001 and one Arabian nights. To bad Disney screwed up the stories so much.

From a medical point of view, blood sugar levels fall dramatically around 2 in the morning, and Circadian rhythm takes over. This shot of epinephrine wakes you up but energy levels from low sugar continue and have no energy to "get up" and your adrenals give you a kick with a jolt of cortisol.

The older you are the more insulin resistant you are and the problem continues or become more frequent.

So don't eat high amts. of sugar before bedtime, instead protein. This same mechanism is seen in kids when given ice cream to get them to bed. When the blood levels fall off the detrussor muscle or bladder muscle cannot hold the urine and they wet the bed. And suffer needless psychological damage from parents who caused the problem.

if your old and really give a schit start some insulin resistant drugs such as low doses of metformin or topical testosterone cream.

OK lets see what was I dreaming.

No thanks!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
some of the myths from the tribes who use neuromuscular blocking agents resemble the hag or rather nag stories. these drugs curare and their analogs were used by their Shamans to meet with the Gods and lead the tribe.

Once it is known you can control the contents of the dream as Aladdin did when he flipped the bean at the Geni, told it to go away and continued on his magic carpet.

Shouldn't dismiss this altogether, it is also a sign of mature onset diabetes, and can result in loss of vision.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by byc
this is one ominous thread.

Wasn't there a movie where a woman was ghost raped during her nightly sleep?

Found it...The Entity with Barbara Hershey.

Storyline

Carla Moran awakens one night to find herself being beaten and raped by an unseen presence. Terrified of what's happening to her, and shunned by friends and family who think she's lost her mind, she seeks help from parapsychologists. The researchers soon discover that evil spiritual force has been drawn to Carla and is responsible for the violent attacks. The question now, however, is how do they stop it?

Based on a supposedly true story.

Barbara and her co-star paid a visit to my office years ago. Worked in a small town and they were filming a movie starring her and Dennis Hopper. A lot of the filming was just outside of my office and they both came in to use my phone. Nice folks!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.