Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kelk
Originally Posted by rost495

What many many folks miss, generally speaking, you get treated the way you treat others.

She needed to be detained possibly arrested for sure. However, your statement above cuts both ways. Given the wide range of and impacts a LEO can have, not every nail needs to be hammered....I'm sure she could have been detained easily minus the face plant.....

LEO's are nothing more than fellow citizens put in charge of enforcing the law. Citizens nonetheless

My take from reading some of the reports out there, she is the one that started the bad treatment... not the LEO.

Obviously its very possible to have arrested her another way.

OTOH she is the one that started it, so.....

Personally the way I am, but deferring to not knowing nearly all the issues involved here, would have tried a nice easy way. In the end though being respectful to LEO over my 52 years has shown me nothing but respect in return.

As always YMMV.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
that was not necessary, showed this to a couple of cop friends, their response was unanimously "what a douche bag" and "thats gonna cost that department some money"

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by 1minute
Wasn't there. Was that a take down or punishment? Looked like at least 100 lbs of serious threat there.

IIRC I read she is 5'4, 115#

On one of the national news shows this morning they stated that the woman was 5'9" and weighed 140lbs.

It's obvious early in the video that whatever her true height is she is about as tall as the cop that threw her down.

Even at 5'4" without her high heel shoes on the cop must not be any taller than 5'6".

Was what the cop did to her overkill for for the situation? Maybe so, maybe not, I don't know.

I would imagine though that in the same circumstances but a male instead of a female the cop's take down method would have been the same, per training.

Well, we've moved from supposing to imagining. Is that a prelude to "guessing" or did we skip that part.

I,m gonna " suppose, imagine and guess" that you cops and cop ass kissers understand that by defending this hero's actions, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU WOULD HAVE BEHAVED EXACTLY AS HE DID IN A SIMILAR INCIDENT.

Btw...don't y'all agree that LVMikey is doing a good job of filling DINK's shoes as our resident " Bonehead With a Badge?"

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, no offense intended but you are not in a situation to be exposed to much in the way of bad law enforcement. In your employment and your avocation, you are on the "inside" of your local L E.

And you never had teenaged kids who can introduce you to he "other side".

And... at 52 YO, you still have ample time for the ONE bad experience which will tarnish the aura you have around cops.

It's good to value experience, just don't restrict your education by only learning from YOUR experience.

Playing Mr Nice Guy puts the odds in your favor as far as interacting with cops....but it damn sure ain't a guarantee.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami
. . .So you seriously believe that the only way those young strapping lads could physically restrain her little twinkie azz was to body slam her face first into the cobblestone pavement?

What I find far more disturbing than the very small number of LEOs that pull this BS, is the much larger percent that defend it.

No defense necessary, more snowflakes and their syncophants need to learn better manners.

mike r

That's hilarious. So when, exactly, did it become acceptable for a big virulent man to body slam an unarmed little twinkie girl just because she was mouthy? [/quote]

This dude has issues. Condoning excessive force. Calling other members that he doesn't even know names and inferring that another has medals for going to Alcoholics Anonymous classes. Pretty weak.

IC B2

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Yeah,he loves donuts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If no one did anything wrong, NOTHING would have happened... We miss that WAY to often IMHO.

Ha! Lets see how well that argument works when LEGALLY filming cops doing their job in public..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not taking anyone's "side" in this, but that woman had a malfunctioning warning light...

The warning light that goes off in most people's brain when disobeying a cop that is about to throw your ass to the ground and haul what's left of it to jail.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
that looked pretty excessive to this armchair quarterback.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Jeff, speeders did something wrong. Bodyslam them?

YOu are missing the point. No body slam to even discuss if you aren't speeding.

Me, I have respect for LEO. If I do get stopped I"m not mouthing off, or punching, shouldering, etc... an LEO for sure. And if I do, well I appreciate them being nice, but I'd expect them to do what they need to, and its all going to be on me for having done it in the first place... whatever it was.

What many many folks miss, generally speaking, you get treated the way you treat others.

YMMV.

Sorry, Jeff, but i disagree. I never saw where she bodyslammed him.

I will agree he should have treated her like she treated him, and then arrested her.

No one can say with a straight face he did his job in a professional manner. He got pissed and took it out on her.

Those who get pissed and take it personal arent fit to be lawmen.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/10/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Not taking anyone's "side" in this, but that woman had a malfunctioning warning light...

The warning light that goes off in most people's brain when disobeying a cop that is about to throw your ass to the ground and haul what's left of it to jail.

Nothing wrong with her warning light, Barry. She just wasn't aware of his "training".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excessive take-down by the cop.

GOA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
She was out of line but he was too. Only reason that much force would have been necessary is if she pulled a knife.He got tired of her crap and slammed her.I hope he isn't married.

For all the cops that agree with him,that's exactly the reason the general public hates you.

For all you cops who are ashamed of his actions,I appreciate you and be safe. I'm sorry actions like his make you less safe.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/10/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
She was out of line but he was too. Only reason that much force would have been necessary is if she pulled a knife.He got tired of her crap and slammed her.I hope he isn't married.

For all the cops that agree with him,that's exactly the reason the general public hates you.

For all you cops who are ashamed of his actions,I appreciate you and be safe. I'm sorry actions like his make you less safe.

In all the years this 'fire has been burning, we have never discussed an instance of questionable police behavior, and many were most egregious in nature,but that a large number of forum cops defended their actions.

You can figure that what they condone in others, they practice themselves.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by curdog4570

In all the years this 'fire has been burning, we have never discussed an instance of questionable police behavior, and many were most egregious in nature,but that a large number of forum cops defended their actions.

The choirmaster who advocates killing cops should reiterate how many times he has been arrested, divorced and otherwise demonstrated responsible moral and social values. Cop bashing is a favorite sport of internet cowards, BLM and NAMBLA members.

Carry on tough guys.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It looks like he was holding her arm by the wrist for awhile and she couldn't get away even if she wanted???

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker

The choirmaster who advocates killing cops should reiterate how many times he has been arrested, divorced and otherwise demonstrated responsible moral and social values. Cop bashing is a favorite sport of internet cowards, BLM and NAMBLA members.

Carry on tough guys.

mike r

Nah, you saw what the tough guy did to the drunk twit.

I Dindo Nuffin
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Makes you wonder about the cops that condone this behaviour. Wonder how many cops would do that to their very own daughter? Even cops on campfire. They will of course have a retort like "my daughter would never act that way" blah blah blah.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Btw...don't y'all agree that LVMikey is doing a good job of filling DINK's shoes as our resident " Bonehead With a Badge?"

I find it amusing that a guy that spent most of his life living in a bottle, sitting in a bar and crapping his pants feels entitled enough to call anyone names.

All of a sudden he's sober and somebody.

Can you tell more about putting people in cruisers?.....

Dink

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I dont think any condone it. I think many excuse it. I think it means some have dealt with crap so long life has become an "its us against them" philosophy which has led to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation, which leads to many rogues as being friends. Friends which they defend, no matter the circumstances, and unfortunately, to the end.

Thank God for those still not so embittered.

Problem is, both kinds, lawmen and rogues, wear the same color.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/10/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.