B

GB1

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Never betray your friends to court the favor of your enemies. If you betray your friends, the most principled and perceptive among them will drop you, leaving only the delusional and venal. That is not a good trade, given that the approval you gain is bound to be fleeting and contingent, whereas the contempt and distrust you create will be permanent. The people you betrayed may come back to you out of sentimentality or self-interest, but their trust and respect will never return. They will always regard you as a traitor.

Why is such a simple lesson so hard for politicians to understand?

Donald Trump’s dizzying about-face on Syria has won the temporary applause of his enemies, but he has forever lost the respect of his most ardent supporters on the Alt Right, the people who actually believe in and defend his nationalist-populist message, including his America First
foreign policy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm betting you still claim Trump was the best choice of the twenty Candidates for POTUS we had to choose from. Am I right, or does Ben Carson look better in hindsight?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That guy is a real dumb ass and couldn't hold Trump's jock when it comes to intelligence and the art of the deal. He's a real nitwit.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's got the term "nationalistic" precisely ass-backwards. What happened Thursday was all about nationalism and nothing to do with Syrian babies. That was for public consumption

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I'm betting you still claim Trump was the best choice of the twenty Candidates for POTUS we had to choose from. Am I right, or does Ben Carson look better in hindsight?

Ben Carson now has trouble looking good for a number of reasons, including publicly a$$kissing a man who publicly insulted him.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I don't spend time comparing Trump to other candidates. I'm just focused on the fact that only *one* candidate ran an America first, Nationalist/populist platform and in less than 4 months he's demonstrated that it was all just bullshit.

I'm not going to devote any energy attempting to rationalize it into something it isn't.

Trump talked a loud, serious talk, but he can't walk it worth a damn.

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Some of the people on here are the worst whiners i have ever encountered. You know who you are. ED K

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
This, from the comment section, sums it up pretty well in my opinion.

A few points about Trump that have become increasingly clear:
- Trump has no real views or policies. He just has attitudes and infatuations. His flip-flop on Syria was a sincere change in attitude brought on by a surge of emotion. He is not mendacious and treacherous. Rather, he is fickle and superficial. I don’t say this to excuse but to describe him. What he did was disgusting.
- Trump is in over his head. His incredible ability to manipulate the media and put on a good show won him the White House – but it looks like despite his vaunted business executive experience, he is having trouble getting things done. His travel ban got shut down by the judges. His healthcare reform got shot down by his own party. His Russian rapprochement is in tatters. One of his key picks – Flynn – was thrown out like a dog; and his key adviser Bannon appears to be on the way out.
- Trump is making things up as he goes along. Just as he has attitudes rather than principles, so does he have slogans rather than plans. Since making slogans is easy but realizing plans is hard, we will begin to see him deviate further and further from his slogans in order to achieve any concrete goals.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe

- Trump has no real views or policies. He just has attitudes and infatuations. His flip-flop on Syria was a sincere change in attitude brought on by a surge of emotion. He is not mendacious and treacherous. Rather, he is fickle and superficial. I don’t say this to excuse but to describe him. What he did was disgusting.
- Trump is in over his head. His incredible ability to manipulate the media and put on a good show won him the White House – but it looks like despite his vaunted business executive experience, he is having trouble getting things done. His travel ban got shut down by the judges. His healthcare reform got shot down by his own party. His Russian rapprochement is in tatters. One of his key picks – Flynn – was thrown out like a dog; and his key adviser Bannon appears to be on the way out.
- Trump is making things up as he goes along. Just as he has attitudes rather than principles, so does he have slogans rather than plans. Since making slogans is easy but realizing plans is hard, we will begin to see him deviate further and further from his slogans in order to achieve any concrete goals.

And, in your opinion, you'd MUCH rather have the FLIP as Prez, right?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Ron Paul type President would be an isolationist President. America would withdraw from the world and just sit here until our enemies built up their warfare capabilities and coordinated an attack against us that would destroy us. The song, "Over There" from The Great War is salient advice. Keep your enemies guessing as to your intentions, and as Teddy said, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And that idiot who made the above comment is about as flaming left as possible.. And you believe that BS? C'mon, B, even YOU can't be that gullible..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
A Ron Paul type President would be an isolationist President. America would withdraw from the world and just sit here until our enemies built up their warfare capabilities and coordinated an attack against us that would destroy us. The song, "Over There" from The Great War is salient advice. Keep your enemies guessing as to your intentions, and as Teddy said, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

1950 was a long time ago.

Our enemies today are those who would flood our country with Syrian war refugees.

The next narrative you'll be hearing from them is that America is obligated to accept refugees from Syria now that we're active participants in its civil war.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is likely closer to the truth than many will admit.

But then I figured that going in. No reason to get all chicken little over some cruise missiles launched at a goat pen somewhere in the desert.

Trump is far from perfect, but he was by far the best choice.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
And that idiot who made the above comment is about as flaming left as possible.. And you believe that BS? C'mon, B, even YOU can't be that gullible..

Nobody who believes that further American involvement in Middle East wars is beneficial to America has any right to refer to others as "gullible".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If we indeed get mired in another war, then come talk to me. This was almost a mirror image of the Libyan action in 1986 with even less risk as there were no manned aircraft in play.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'ma hold judgement until we see what transpires over the next few weeks to a month.
Lobbing 50-60 missiles into that chit hole from the ocean is one thing. Mass soldiers on the ground is another.
There seemed to be multiple 'intent' with the action taken.

FJB & FJT
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Raeford
I'ma hold judgement until we see what transpires over the next few weeks to a month.
Lobbing 50-60 missiles into that chit hole from the ocean is one thing. Mass soldiers on the ground is another.

Trump's representative at the UN, Nikki Haley, is saying that there will be no peace in Syria until Assad is ousted.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Trump's representative at the UN, Nikki Haley, is saying that there will be no peace in Syria until Assad is ousted.

Do you disagree with that statement?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Do you disagree with that statement?

I doubt peace will occur in ANY event.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1lesfox, 1badf350, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,820
Posts18,516,691
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.