Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My sister and I were bumped off united years ago. I was 14 and she was 9 and we were returning from Ft. Meyers FL and were bumped from our connection at O'hare. That was back when first class served hand carved prime rib served on white linen. My sister and I had a 9 hour layover and it didn't phase us. Mom and dad were happy to get a couple round trip tickets plus some extra cash. The flight home in first class on a 747 was anti-climatic since I woke up to eat but otherwise slept the entire flight back to Seattle.

United done screwed the pooch and the cops that drug that goofy bastard did too. If that chink doctor is as scummy as that article suggests I hate that he'll walk with a fist full of dollars.

All the people oohing and ahhing in protest of the airlines actions yet nobody volunteered their seat.

I fly Alaska airlines almost exclusively and while most of their flight attendants are not much to look at they're a great airline. I don't see Alaska airlines handling an incident like this the same way as united did.

The flight crew or at least a few of them could have flown in the jump seat negating the need to bump as many people as they did. When we fly standby my wife will jump seat on the flight deck if needed. It's more cramped but at least we all get there. The flight deck jump seat isn't an option for most employees but there's extra jump seats in the cabin.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they have the right to soften him up and drag him off the plane, do they have the right to throw him out at 30K feet?

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If they have the right to soften him up and drag him off the plane, do they have the right to throw him out at 30K feet?

As long as it's clearly stated in the "contract". 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
295 miles from Louisville to Chicago straight up I-65. Rent a car and get on with your life!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
United has offered a profound apology for getting caught doing something that makes themselves look so bad.

I am glad all the other airlines are getting a good look at the response to this kind of treatment. KInda like the fat brat in the DRNK watching Trump's response to Asshat.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
United had other options they did not use:
1. Rent the new crew a private plane.
2. Keep increasing the offer until somebody took it. AT $10,000 per seat they'd get 4 seats.
3. Always keep 4 seats open so they don't "Over book" when they have their own employees who need a lift.

What the hell right does UA have to put their commerical interest ahead of a passengers travel plans? I know about the fine print on ticket. Screw 'em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope he ends up owning the airline.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You figure he got one of these written statements?

"DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash."

The thing is, he wasn't denied boarding. He was on the plane in his seat. That sounds pretty well boarded.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
2. Keep increasing the offer until somebody took it. AT $10,000 per seat they'd get 4 seats.
3. Always keep 4 seats open so they don't "Over book" when they have their own employees who need a lift.

What the hell right does UA have to put their commerical interest ahead of a passengers travel plans? I know about the fine print on ticket. Screw 'em.

Book the crew members a Limo and drive them.

Uber.

Book them on a competitors airline.

Not screw up their employee schedules in the first place.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
United has offered a profound apology for getting caught doing something that makes themselves look so bad.

I am glad all the other airlines are getting a good look at the response to this kind of treatment. KInda like the fat brat in the DRNK watching Trump's response to Asshat.

The only thing their CEO is sorry about are the calls for him to be "re-accomidated":

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/11/it-m...ommodate-ceo-oscar-munoz-commentary.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/11/cram...-on-overbooked-flights-after-united.html

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

With todays computers there is no reason that they can't set them up to prevent an over book situation. Add your 3rd suggestion and this never would have happened.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bad business decision, but that aircraft is private property and they had the right to do it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
read on another board that whatever TMZ reported and all that nasty stuff they said about the Asian dude, they got wrong

looks like he may have hit the jackpot twice

Last edited by KFWA; 04/11/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hope he burns them to the ground! Fuggin airlines the only they could treat people any worse would to pull out all the seats and herd people in like cattle. Saw last flight just big of A$$holes DELTA staff was in every airport we were in !!and they all suck just as bad! GOOD LUCK to the man with his lawsuit!!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
What everybody overlooks:

You pay for your seat in advance whether you show up or not. So the airlines' lame excuse that they would lose revenue by not overbooking just isn't true.

Hotels don't overbook. Baseball games don't overbook. Symphony orchestras don't overbook. It should be illegal for airlines to overbook.

And yes if it's only 295 miles from Chicago to Louisville, they should have rented a car.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Grown man squealing & acting like a sissy while grasping to the armrest. Lol, they shoulda broke his f*ckin' neck. I'm with United on this one boys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hotels actually do overbook.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
slg888 you must not fly much?? I wonder if all employees must take a course of how to treat people like animals after they are hired??

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
It should be illegal for airlines to overbook.

Lets pass more laws, or better yet a government take over of the airline industry!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You figure he got one of these written statements?

"DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash."

OK, but this was NOT an oversold flight.

All the passengers were seated and ready to fly away.

The airline needed to boot a few passengers to make room for Airline employees, NOT oversold customers.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.