Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My dad was stopped at a stoplight one evening when a lady in a Cadillac drove right through him. He hit the hood, the top and then the trunk of the car before hitting the ground. He was wearing a helmet (this was in the 60s) and it was cracked, but other than being very sore, he was ok. When the police caught up with her early the next morning - she vehemently denied everything. She changed her mind when they found his motorcycle still embedded in her Caddy's grill. She was drunk.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
We have these big shiny things called mirrors on the outside of our big trucks, they are about 22 inches high.
I guess this driver never heard of 'em.
Good Lord, I am checking my mirrors about every 3 seconds while driving down the road.

This driver is so inept, he must have been stoned or drunk.
Random drug tests have weeded out most of the dopers and drunks but this guy has slipped through the cracks, until today.

This!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Raeford, Thank god your wife is ok. I too won't travel next to an 18 wheeler or logging truck. I won't pass a big truck unless I can pass it completely. Around here most of the truck drivers have towel on their head and can't even brush their tooth let alone safely drive a big rig.

I am sure you are referring to all the Trucks driven with BC plates, by Pakis and other Ragheads....I 5 is a zoo with them in spots...

Yep. Canadian truck drivers must be required to wear flip flops at all times while on duty.

But that also goes for the middle aged logging truck drivers on the coast that hate their job but want to make quick turns to the mill or add an extra log or three. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a Kenworth change lanes on me in Southern Cal. I tried to accelerate past him but he caught me just behind the left rear wheel and spun me in front of him and pushed me sideways about 50 yards. Nothing like a Kenworth grilll against your ear and waiting for him to roll over you.
Just glad KW cabovers have a low mounted bumper

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Wouldn't try defend a trucker with out knowing them or exactly what happened. But I've seen many a car/pickup drives for very stupid and dangers stuff around big trucks so ..... And those that have stated they pass a big truck with out delay and not drive along side is absolutely the thing to do. There is theses things called blind spots.

Last edited by ldholton; 04/20/17.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I went up against a fully loaded Mac logging truck and lost. Luckily I cranked the wheel away from the drop off at the last second and he pushed me into the mountain instead of off it.

Blind corner and was nobody's fault. Just wrong place wrong time.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My SIL, her husband, and whole family had a similar deal. Were just passing a big rig and he changed lanes. Caught the rear end of their mini van and they got the ride of their lives. Several miles pushed by the truck. He finally stopped, thinking he 'might have a flat'. Miracle they weren't all killed.

I hate passing trucks. Try to do it as quick as possible. Aside from minimizing the time in the 'kill zone', it probably doesn't matter...if the lane change happens you're certainly going to obtain some level of FUBAR.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The thing that gets me is how'd the trucker even get that far without folks flagging him down?

All those prior folks just driving on by, unbelievable.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Raeford, Thank god your wife is ok. I too won't travel next to an 18 wheeler or logging truck. I won't pass a big truck unless I can pass it completely. Around here most of the truck drivers have towel on their head and can't even brush their tooth let alone safely drive a big rig.

Nailed it. Or they are from Mexico and since their vehicle is bigger that means they have the right of way.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RyanTX
How in the world did that trucker not see the car in his side mirror? There's no way he could have missed it?

Mexican. They dont use blinkers or mirrors. Dont want to wear them out.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tracks
Had a Kenworth change lanes on me in Southern Cal. I tried to accelerate past him but he caught me just behind the left rear wheel and spun me in front of him and pushed me sideways about 50 yards. Nothing like a Kenworth grilll against your ear and waiting for him to roll over you.
Just glad KW cabovers have a low mounted bumper

Dayom. Unreal.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yep, you never know who is behind the wheel and how sleep deprived he is. Hopefully electronic logs will lessen the sleep deprivation issue. But you still don't know who he is and how good his skills are. People in cars do a lot of stupid stuff around trucks too. And I mean a lot of stupid stuff. One of the most dangerous things is they hang out in your blind spot. Even worse is when they do it in the rain with no lights on. You simply can't see them, especially with the road spray. Everyone always wants to blame the truck when an accident happens, but in a lot of cases, the car driver caused it. 4000 lbs. is no match for 80000 lbs. and people aren't aware of it and take trucks and their drivers for granted.

In this case however, the guy's a dipschit for not knowing it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
We have these big shiny things called mirrors on the outside of our big trucks, they are about 22 inches high.
Exactly...

I guess this driver never heard of 'em.
Good Lord, I am checking my mirrors about every 3 seconds while driving down the road.

This driver is so inept, he must have been stoned or drunk.
Random drug tests have weeded out most of the dopers and drunks but this guy has slipped through the cracks, until today.
I cannot believe that dolt did not check his mirror - AT ALL, apparently.. What a frickin' IDIOT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just showed this to a couple of my drivers and we got a good laugh. The first thing out of their mouths was "How the hell didn't he know it? Doesn't he look in his mirrors?"

After watching it again, it appears that the dumbschit in the car slammed pretty hard into the back of the truck.

Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
fuggin truckie ran a stop sign here Thurs. killed a man another brain dead idiot trucker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I came really close to it one time. I was in the far right lane on a 4 lane highway. A semi passed me then moved back to the right lane. However, when he did it, his rears were even with my driver door. I was able to avoid him but was on the shoulder to do it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
One time one of my drivers was on his bike and passing a truck in the left lane and the guy came over on him and pushed him into the median. He laid on the horn and the guy went back over and let him back on the road. He said he didn't know his Harley was a dirt bike also.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by hanco
I don't like passing big trucks at all

Same here. If I pass one, I do it right smartly, get around him without delay. I will not run alongside one for any reason, if I have to slow down to avoid it , that's what I'll do.

I don't even like driving beside other cars on the interstate, let alone trucks. Even if the driver is competent, there's less room to maneuver. An animal running across the road, a thrown tire tread, and and it's much harder to avoid the accident, if someone is right next to you. I do not get these clowns who think they should creeepppp past a truck taking two miles to pass him.

The great majority of truckers are professional and safe. The ones that aren't stand out like a sore thumb.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I just showed this to a couple of my drivers and we got a good laugh. The first thing out of their mouths was "How the hell didn't he know it? Doesn't he look in his mirrors?"

After watching it again, it appears that the dumbschit in the car slammed pretty hard into the back of the truck.

Maybe, but he was hanging all over the driver's side - and far enough back to NOT be in the "blind spot"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Maybe, but he was hanging all over the driver's side - and far enough back to NOT be in the "blind spot"

Not to mention that the drag that car put on the truck since its wheels were sideways, how could he not notice that?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,556
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.